TTLG|Thief|Bioshock|System Shock|Deus Ex|Mobile
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Another annoying mxleader thread

Another annoying mxleader thread

Sooo... It's October again and you know what that means. I start trolling around trying to figure out if someone is making a fresh new Halloween mission. I know for sure that I am not making one.

P Forth again, maybe?
    Yandros? Nah! Probably too busy.
    Sluggs? Yeah right! too busy half finishing missions...............................................................

Desperately Dodgy Moderator
    Quote Originally Posted by mxleader View Post
    Sooo... It's October again and you know what that means. I start trolling around trying to figure out if someone is making a fresh new Halloween mission. I know for sure that I am not making one.

Yandros? Nah! Probably too busy.
    Yep, unfortunately I'm too busy making mxleader a Halloween mini-mission.

Although it won't be halloween, the Masters of Horror contest is scheduled (currently) for some time from February to March.

This is NOT an official announcement but I have got some nice feedback privately from other members for this...

Those are some pretty good textures. I like the skull on the stone plaques above the tombs and those torches look kinda evil.

Can't wait! Counting down the days to Halloween.

This year I think I managed to wait until it was closer to Halloween to start bugging people about Halloween missions. I think the therapy is helping.

@ Random_Taffer- That sounds like a great contest. I love playing thief and getting the @*#$ scared outta me!

Thanks! The textures are a blend of Dave Gurrea and Return To Castle Wolfenstein, and the awesome wall lights are by Eshaktaar (he released them several years ago and I don't know of any FMs that used them yet, which is a shame).

This is a repeat of my failed attempt at modular speed building last October. I've learned from the mistakes of last year and think I'll be able to make it this year with no problem. I'm kind of glad I failed last year though, that mission evolved into the 2nd mission of The Idol.

Just wanted to update and say I am still working towards a Halloween release for this mission. It's tentatively titled Realm of the Bone King, and features lots of Schwaa's cool skeletons, big AI differences between difficulty levels, and three different game modes (independent of difficulty), one of which is Duke Nukem mode.

"Hail to the king, baby!"

I'm looking forward to it.

Can't wait!

I hope there are people here who actually played Duke Nukem 3D and will appreciate it... otherwise it will seem a bit odd when you hear yourself say "Suck it down!" or "Gonna rip 'em a new one!" Not exactly in character for Garrett. But you can always choose Garrett mode instead.

So that's why you needed the VOTraps and NVQvars and whatnot.

Of course we played Duke Nukem 3D. Bring it on! I'm all out of gum right now, but looking forward to kicking some butt. This sounds pretty cool to me.

d. 30.4.16 Always remembered
    WOW! Of course I will play Duke Nukem mode!
    Not only I played DN, I also made a pair of levels for it.

Never played Duke Nukem. Maybe I should play it before your fm release.

The old Duke Nukem 3D has some issues with XP, but a ported version is available at

http://www.rancidmeat.com/project.php3?id=1

I still occassionally play Duke3D with this ported version on XP and no problems. You must have the original disks for some main files that are needed.

Thief and Duke3D - 2 all time favourites mixed together - can't wait.

There is an another method to play DN under XP:

http://buildxp.deathmask.net/

DN rulez!!!

The best Halloween mission ever was Autumn in the Lampfire Hills.

I second that.

Autumn in the Lampfire Hills was great once I was able to get it to work, the last one with the scarecrows with sickles was pretty damn crazy. Oh, and those damn bats.

Sorry to report this, but this mission won't make Halloween, it will be a few days later. The only way to release it tomorrow is to release an untested mission, and the way I preach the importance of testing around here, I'd be a complete hypocrite to go against that.

That's okay. I would rather play a tested mission anyway. Also, I have three mid-term tests over the next three days, so even if you did release it I would have to wait. Of course everyone else could enjoy.

But I am going to check cheapthiefmissions tomorrow just in case you are screwing with us.

Looks like you were not kidding about releasing your mission after Halloween. Well at least there will be a new Simpsons Halloween episode to go along with it after Halloween.

Nope, I was serious.

I wanted to at least get Beta 1 to testers yesterday, but it's going to be late tonight or tomorrow.

Oh well. I am sure that it will be just as fun to play a few days from now.

Autumn in the Lampfire Hills was great once I was able to get it to work, the last one with the scarecrows with sickles was pretty damn crazy. Oh, and those damn bats.
    It was Halloween..... There were scarecrows... with sickles... and it was based on an old folk tale... did I leave something out ?
    Last edited by madwolf; 3rd Nov 2006 at 18:15.

Oh well. I am sure that it will be just as fun to play a few days from now.
    It'll be longer I'm afraid. The testers are finding bugs, annoyances and making some grand suggestions.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast