TTLG|Thief|Bioshock|System Shock|Deus Ex|Mobile

Thread: Thief reference in Dark Messiah!

Thief reference in Dark Messiah!

Spoilered just in case you don't want to know what it is/how to get it:

spoiler:
    http://img174.imageshack.us/img174/9632/masterthiefkj4.png

To get it, use some inventive rope arrowing after the second Cyclops fight. It's around the edges of the big round room. You'll get it.

Edit: Just saw the other thread on this, but apparently the image isn't working. This one does.

i'm ashamed i didn't go full stealth on the first pass :/ but want to once the game is patched to run ok as i'm one of those with major performance issues for no apparent reason.
    it was nice to see that reference
    Last edited by raetsel; 4th Nov 2006 at 14:08.

another reference?

also... near the beginning when Xana says "inside at last..." seemed quite thiefy to me

Is the stealth in this game pretty good?

I'm probably hearing things, but when you kill Xana by having a bath, the background screeching sounds very similar to the noise SHODAN makes when you off her at the end of SS2.

Might just be me, so I don't think that deserves its own thread.

I didn't find the stealth elements all that strong. I was intending to go the stealth route, but it very quickly became apparent that this is a game about busting swords over people's heads. Stealth has its place as a means for finding a better position from which to take on the bad guys, and backstabbing can be handy for winnowing the enemy numbers a bit before the real fight begins (it's also loads of fun grabbing some dummy and driving a dagger into his throat), but I can't imagine that a serious attempt to fully stealth the game would be feasible, or much fun.

I actually enjoy it but I see where you're coming from. That said, when a mod-kit is out I can see a very good thiefy mission being made with it.

Quote Originally Posted by [bog]frank View Post
    Spoilered just in case you don't want to know what it is/how to get it:

spoiler:
    http://img174.imageshack.us/img174/9632/masterthiefkj4.png

To get it, use some inventive rope arrowing after the second Cyclops fight. It's around the edges of the big round room. You'll get it.

Edit: Just saw the other thread on this, but apparently the image isn't working. This one does.
    Hmmm,I can't find it,I haven't played that game in a while now,forgot what mission number that even is.

Still can't find it after I killed that Cyclops,you mean the one in the Temple of the Spider right? Were it's Opotional to kill him? There's no wood stuff to do rope arrow or any small rooms.

Oh and if someone can post screenshots of were it is or a vid or something I would be very greatefull.
    Last edited by Dante-Sparda; 27th Aug 2007 at 17:13.