TTLG|Jukebox|Thief|Bioshock|System Shock|Deus Ex|Mobile
Page 9 of 26 FirstFirst ... 45678910111213141924 ... LastLast

Thread: H.O.P.E.F.U.L. (Stalker megathread)

Taking the Death Toll
    and the sky still doesn't work except in a window. weird science.

Quote Originally Posted by David View Post
    So does Daveh
    jus' watchin' out for da rest o' my hood yo, you still my nigga

is Best Pony
    Damn nigga, I being played fo' all my sources?

fo' shizzle

Is this still planned for a March 20 release? Just three days from now?

I'm pretty excited about it and plan on picking it up within a few days. I'm off work Wed-Fri and would love to have it to play around with. It looks pretty good.

Martek

I'm buying it, if purely out of respect for the teams ambitions.

However I am a bit disappointed but it should still turn out a good game, PCGamer gave it a fairly good review...And when have they ever been wrong?

Disappointed about what?

About very quakeish shooting?

Chakat sex pillow
    Well, Eurogamer's seen it fit to give this an 8/10. But that's Eurogamer's 'safe' number, vacillating between 'it's amazingly good' and 'yeah, it's nice and all but...'

Since it's open-ended, the narrative drive of a linear story isn't going to be one of the game's plus points. But I'm sure we all knew that anyway. I just hope that it's all well-knit together, though this --

However, and this is one of those chasm-opening howevers that can doom a game completely, the way in which missions are delivered, and therefore the way the story is told, if [sic] often entirely random, and occasionally completely useless.
    -- tells me that it might depend on luck. However, as long as it doesn't have too many of those forlorn 'Wtf do I do now?' moments that pepper X3 and Gothic III, I wouldn't mind giving this a shot. The setting alone's a major selling point.

Ordered the "why god why, because it's GOT STUFF" special edition tin version! Can't wait!

Why exactly is it that Scots can get the CE in friggin' Australia, but here in Canada - right next door to the goddamn United States of Everything - our only option appears to be the Daveh Method?

This is bullshit.

Australia ???

Quote Originally Posted by Malygris View Post
    Why exactly is it that Scots can get the CE in friggin' Australia, but here in Canada - right next door to the goddamn United States of Everything - our only option appears to be the Daveh Method?

This is bullshit.
    Hey, the United States of Everything has to resort to either the Daveh Method or GoGamer, as well.

Isn't GoGamer American?

Quote Originally Posted by Malygris View Post

This is bullshit.
    Actually, I'm using the parents method. Bought through Amazon, delivered to parents, shipped over to Aus. Long winded, yes, but far cheaper (unfortunately).

Gamespot review. It's good. QUITE good, in fact. They even go so far as to say
    Quote Originally Posted by Gamespot
    at times amazing and engrossing and on par with such classics as Deus Ex and System Shock.
    So now I'm torn. I could try and pick it up tomorrow from Best Buy and start playing as early as tomorrow night, but I want the Euro "OMG STUFF" Edition, which I would have to wait another week for.

Well I have succumbed to the positive reviews combined with the 18 price tag at Play.com.

I'm obviously slightly put off by the ludicrous inclusion of a flashlight with more than 30 seconds of battery power, but having watched a few videos I rest easy in the knowledge that exploding barrels have made it into the game.

Just pre-ordered this game from Gamespot. Since there hasn't been so much hoopla over an FPS since Fear over on TTLG, I decided to order it on a whim! This should keep me busy till Bioshock hopefully considering how much of a casual gamer that I am.
    Last edited by Dirty_Brute; 20th Mar 2007 at 08:56.

I got my copy, woot!!! Local stores started selling it today.

..too bad I can only start playing on Friday.

Taking the Death Toll
    heading out in like 15 minutes to pick up my preordered copy of STALKER: broken skies of chernobyl!

Sounds good, and I've been waiting a long time for a game this atmospheric/original, but it sounds like it has more bugs than it should ATM - Neverwinter Nights 2 taught me that I should sit my ass down and wait for a few months before buying these things. So I'll see you all in a few months

is Best Pony
    k we'll have fun thinking of you when we've all moved on to Bioshock.

Quote Originally Posted by Matthew View Post
    k we'll have fun thinking of you when we've all moved on to Bioshock. :p
    If you spend your time playing Bioshock thinking about what other people might be playing, then Irrational will have done something badly wrong.

It must be quite annoying having only short prescribed windows of time in which you are allowed to play any given game.

Taking the Death Toll
    okay what the fuck? when they put down "release date" i expect it to, you know, actually be RELEASED. so i went up to that stupid ghetto mall for nothing

i have to wait 'til tomorrow. i'm madder than zack wylde trapped in a warehouse full of light beer.

Quote Originally Posted by dethtoll View Post
    when they put down "release date" i expect it to, you know, actually be RELEASED.
    Slow learner?

Page 9 of 26 FirstFirst ... 45678910111213141924 ... LastLast