TTLG|Thief|Bioshock|System Shock|Deus Ex|Mobile

Thread: trioptimum.com web server down

trioptimum.com web server down

The severe weather in the mid-west has caused numerous power outages/surges at the data center where it's hosted.

Your @trioptimum.com E-mail is un-affected, with the exception that you can't hit the mail.trioptimum.com re-director. . .. you'll have to access it by this URL:

http://mail.google.com/hosted/trioptimum.com/

I should have an ETA sometime today on when normal functionality will be restored.

-CR
    Code:
    /* Cortex Reaver
     * crtxreavr at trioptimum dot com
     */

It'd looking like tomorrow ( Wednesday), before fixing hands get placed on the charred remains of the server.

-CR
    Code:
    /* Cortex Reaver
     */

Well, the mail.trioptimum.com re-direct page is back and I've restored most of the rest of the site from a June back-up. . . this is at a very temporary location. . . should be on a new and improved server by year's end.

-CR
    Code:
    /* Cortex Reaver
     */

Great, thanks!

Well, the original trioptimum.com web server is back-up, though that may not be apparent yet, due to some DNS workarounds that have to be un-done and I can't get ahold of the guy who needs to un-do them. Right now, it's basically 50-50% as to which authoritative server your DNS server hits as to whether or not you get the original server, or the old back-up copy. (Someone was finally able to get down to the datacenter and do a manual fsck of the /var volume which did the trick, for those interested about that sorta thing.)

The domain will soon be moving anyways, to some more reliable hardware in a faster datacenter, so we should see some new^H^H^Hactual content and features for the diehard SS fans coming semi-soon.

-CR
    Code:
    /* Cortex Reaver
     */

Thread Necromancy? Yes.

However I just wanted to report problems with the mail.trioptimum.com URL. The link in this thread works, so I'm assuming its something of the same sort of error.

Yeah. . . that POS server. I'm trying to get ahold of the guy that needs to kick it in the head. Thing has un-diagnosable hardware issues. Mail is still flowing, however, you'll just have to access it via the above link, 'til I get something back-up.

-CR
    Code:
    /* Cortex Reaver
     */

It's back - I'm going to speed-up getting moved off it too.

-CR

Wow, that was fast....wish comcast worked that quickly when things go wonky.

You know, given the level of service we're getting, maybe a donation button(paypal, or whatever service you have) on the login page wouldn't be a half bad idea.

Quote Originally Posted by William Dojinn View Post
    You know, given the level of service we're getting, maybe a donation button(paypal, or whatever service you have) on the login page wouldn't be a half bad idea.
    That's for the sentiment, but it wouldn't really be appropriate since my hosting's provided for free by friends.

-CR
    Code:
    /* Cortex Reaver
     */