TTLG|Thief|Bioshock|System Shock|Deus Ex|Mobile
Page 8 of 9 FirstFirst ... 3456789 LastLast

Thread: T2 FM: Sisterhood of Azura Part 2 - The House (Dec. 18, 2006)

Basement

I know the sword is supposed to be in the crypt in the basement but I can't find the basement. I have completed everything else except the Sarah thing. I just need to find the basement.

Quote Originally Posted by Kczul View Post
    I know the sword is supposed to be in the crypt in the basement but I can't find the basement. I have completed everything else except the Sarah thing. I just need to find the basement.
    You need to go back to the prison area you started in. You left the cell block via a door to the right that lead to a small room with a prison log, etc..
    Continue through the door straight ahead instead.

You get back to this part from the forest clearing, via an underwater tunnel (at the end of the water tunnel, there is a switch that opens the grate you may have seen in the sewers).
    Last edited by jiansonz; 14th Jul 2009 at 17:07.

How do I get back to the prison? When I backtrack I get to the area that I transported to with the gate where you have to shoot an arrow to open. I can open the gate but get no further - is there another way to get back?

I found the way back. I didn't realize you had to be transported to the Forest. Thanks.

Um,

is it possible to free Sara and John? Or any of the other prisoners?

I don't think so.

Bummer,

I hope Sara don't die in here, seems dying in here means you become an "insta-zombie"!

Hmm, okay, just what did the hidden switch in the kithen fireplace do?
    Last edited by Garrett's Shadow; 28th Nov 2009 at 11:53.

Quote Originally Posted by Garrett's Shadow View Post
    Hmm, okay, just what did the hidden switch in the kithen fireplace do?
    It opened something out in the hallway NE of the kitchen (E of the double doors).

ooooh!

ty Jiansonz!

Kinda hard to know when the secret is not in the same area! oy!!

Hehe Jiansonz - yah, it opens a secret to a switch for another area that I have no idea about! Urk! lol

Aw crap! Them with their treebeasts and me with no big bang capability!
    (are there any big bangers in this one? you know, like mines or fire arrows, Rambo rapelling down from a chopper with a .50 cal SAW blazing away???)

What the heck? So, I get into the library, and the assassin meets me and mumbles something I don't quite catch (sound half dropped out) about a tower and leaves, then I bj the two civies near the fire and all of a sudden a black clad guy appears looking for someone. me? I run, come back, and there is the assassin back near the library door (no interaction this time) and a non hostile black clad guy pacing near the two civies! This supposed to happen?

If I can't free Mr. and Mrs. Deavant, why were their cell doors even frobbable? Very aggravating to have it that way! It's like a kid on a playground saying "Nanny nanny na na, you can get them but I won't let you!"
    Last edited by Garrett's Shadow; 29th Nov 2009 at 10:04.

Some remarks concerning your observations Garrett's Shadow...

The treebeasts are not hostile to you. They are useful to kill guards if you get them to chase you into the garden. Jump in the pool to avoid your pursuit.

Same for the assassins in the library. They are your friends so use them to thin out the guys upstairs. In fact, it is possible to wipe out nearly all the hostiles without ever raising a weapon of any sort, other than to make noise, if you employ the factions wisely, and get some luck. Drown melee guards in the pool, and use the undead and rogue bots against archers. Lure combat bots into places where they blow themselves up trying to kill you. I always contrive to stroll leisurely out of the North Hall at the end of the level. This mission is one of the very best ever because there are many interesting approaches to it, and you always get different situations and outcomes that call for creative thinking.

Quote Originally Posted by Nightwalker View Post
    The doll is Millie. You find her in an area off of the Library. Look for a cord hanging from the ceiling. You'll need to either push the ladder over or bring in the footstool from the sitting room to reach it.
    Um, Nightie, hun, were you tippling a bit too much of that ole Night Train? I can't find any "cord hanging from the ceiling"! (Nor any ladder that you can push, nor any frobbable footstool that you can carry!) Not to mention And saying he does'nt recall even putting a doll in the FM!)

Quote Originally Posted by yuggothian View Post
    Some remarks concerning your observations Garrett's Shadow...

The treebeasts are not hostile to you. They are useful to kill guards if you get them to chase you into the garden. Jump in the pool to avoid your pursuit.

Same for the assassins in the library. They are your friends so use them to thin out the guys upstairs. In fact, it is possible to wipe out nearly all the hostiles without ever raising a weapon of any sort, other than to make noise, if you employ the factions wisely, and get some luck. Drown melee guards in the pool, and use the undead and rogue bots against archers. Lure combat bots into places where they blow themselves up trying to kill you. I always contrive to stroll leisurely out of the North Hall at the end of the level. This mission is one of the very best ever because there are many interesting approaches to it, and you always get different situations and outcomes that call for creative thinking.
    Yeah, I saw that much later! (the treebeasts) lol! Was great to watch em tear apart those two guys, of course I killed the poor things afterwards, did'nt know then that they were on my side! I got a few laws I follow in Thief. (tho I prolly should'nt! )
    One of them is: If it's a big strong creature, and has proven hostile to the G man before, don't trust it - kill it, for tis better to err on the side of covering one's own arse!

And though I did use the assassins, not as much as I used the Tippled Burrick group (though I feel bad about getting all but the thiefy type guy in there deaded! ), I could'nt help the two assassins that got killed down below in the North wing, was busy aiding the fighters up on the higher level (LOVE the archer that ran up right into my gas mine!), so accomodating! ), but I tried to help em as much as I could, they should'nt die just cuz they owe me a fave!

I always try to get those big dumba** bots to blow themelves to hell! Hilarious, but tricky to do! I tried to get one to follow me into the repeating cannon's line of fire, but the damn thing kept balking as if it could'nt fit thru a doorway the same size as the ones it had already gone thru! argh!(is a riot to hear them say "Error, Error..." when they have commited seppuku! I always go "No sh*t!" )
    (side note: reminds me of the "Area 51" mission in Deus Ex, one time I got two of the big bots who patrol opposite sides to come towards me from each side, when they fired their guns and rockets I hit my speed enhancement, and let them go boomify each other! FUN! and did'nt need a scrambler 'nade either! hah!!)
    Last edited by Garrett's Shadow; 29th Nov 2009 at 10:15.

Guys, I am stumped!

I have Sarah, and Malky's skull, am in the glade after going thru the portal, am I sposed to put the skull and Sarah both on top of the center tomb?

Edit: nevermind - I figured it out!

And man, it's THIS one that needs the revamping, for example, one of the readables leaves off the rest of a sentence, the two tombs that you use for the ritual NEED TO LABELED AS WHO'S WHO'S! And it needs to let the player know he has to free the kids before the area with the 2 tombs is accessable! (so how in the 9 hells did others finish all objectives except for freeing the kids???)
    Last edited by Garrett's Shadow; 29th Nov 2009 at 11:11.

That WAS confusing! Millie isn't in this mission at all, she's in The Nightwatch ones. I must have been playing this one at the same time and mixed them up. I've edited that out so it won't mislead anyone else.
    Last edited by Nightwalker; 29th Nov 2009 at 21:34.

That's ok hun,

I am generally con-fu-sed as a rule, so iz all good! lol!

Where is the BLACKJACK?

I'm allmost finished (I guess) and I was forced to kill every soul that I encounter in the mansion.
    I didn't even considered the fact that it might exist a blackjack somewhere, until I read it on the first pages of this topic.
    I don't think I'll need it anymore, but curiosity kills me (even though I'm not a cat ):
    Where is the blackjack (on "easy level")?

later edit: I've finished it. Of course, some questions:

- I have a blue key taken from a fat guy in the library that doesn't seems to open any door.
    - I found some doors that I can't open, for example the one in the hallway near the music hall. It's supposed not to open on the easiest level?
    - I have a skull in my weapons list that I didn't get the chance to use it? I've used the mechanist spell (beautiful thing by the way!). Has this any connection with the skull from the weapons list?!

I have only 4995 loot found. And I've discovered all of the secrets (8 by myself and one with the help of this topic, the one from a room of the Azura sisters, with a switch behind a window curtain. I checked every curtain, in my play, but the fact that it was put very sneaky exactly under the curtain, deceived me.
    Any ideas for hard to miss loot?
    Last edited by Simbad; 5th Mar 2010 at 14:46.

Bear in mind that I have only played on Expert difficulty, so some of the things I write may be wrong.

Quote Originally Posted by Simbad View Post
    - I have a blue key taken from a fat guy in the library that doesn't seems to open any door.

How about the door to the upper part of the library?

About that door in the hallway close to the music room: after you´ve done certain things in the mission, a Mechanist engineeer (or was it a mech priest?) will spawn on a balcony overlooking the garden with the treebeasts. He has a key to one of the rooms in the hallway.

I have only 4995 loot found. Any ideas for hard to miss loot?
    Loot list is here. It´s not complete for Normal and Hard difficulties, as there is one loot item in each difficulty that differs from the other two (plus Normal and Hard have a Mechanist that isn´t there on Expert - he has a purse).

I think the hardest piece to find is the nugget on the beam in the White Hall, because it´s really not obvious that rope arrows stick to this ceiling.
    Last edited by jiansonz; 6th Mar 2010 at 05:41.

I'm allmost finished (I guess) and I was forced to kill every soul that I encounter in the mansion.
    I didn't even considered the fact that it might exist a blackjack somewhere, until I read it on the first pages of this topic.
    I don't think I'll need it anymore, but curiosity kills me (even though I'm not a cat ):
    Where is the blackjack (on "easy level")?

later edit: I've finished it. Of course, some questions:

- I found some doors that I can't open, for example the one in the hallway near the music hall. It's supposed not to open on the easiest level?
    - I have a skull in my weapons list that I didn't get the chance to use it? I've used the mechanist spell (beautiful thing by the way!). Has this any connection with the skull from the weapons list?!

I have only 4995 loot found. And I've discovered all of the secrets (8 by myself and one with the help of this topic, the one from a room of the Azura sisters, with a switch behind a window curtain. I checked every curtain, in my play, but the fact that it was put very sneaky exactly under the curtain, deceived me.
    Any ideas for hard to miss loot?
    Been a while since I played this but I think this is right. Get out of your cell, turn right, go through a door turn right again into a little room. Exit this room, to the left is the door to the sewers. There is a dead guy there with the blackjack. Can't remember where the sewer key is, but it's somewhere on the prison level.

Quote Originally Posted by canetoad View Post
    There is a dead guy there with the blackjack.
    I know this guy. I've searched his pockets for cash or something good to eat, but, because of the fact half of the black jack was under the wall, it didn't highlight for me to see.
    Very clever hidden!!
    Thanks for the tip! As I said I was near the finish line, didn't need the blackjack anymore, but I was curious where it was...
    Last edited by Simbad; 6th Mar 2010 at 02:39.

Quote Originally Posted by jiansonz View Post
    How about the door to the upper part of the library?
    Indeed, I have lockpicked that door. Didn't realize it might have a key. And, in the cells zone, there were two doors unhighlightened, on one corner, that made me curious, and I wonder maybe the blue key it was for that doors.

About that door in the hallway close to the music room: after you´ve done certain things in the mission, a Mechanist engineeer (or was it a mech priest?) will spawn on a balcony overlooking the garden with the treebeasts. He has a key to one of the rooms in the hallway.
    I've done everything but no one appeared with a key. I've checked all the dead bodies in that area, but no success. Maybe on easy it's not supposed to open those doors. I will get back to the circle area and make a little order down there and hopefully I will found some key there.

Your suggestion regarding the hard to find loot was very adequate. Indeed, seeing the marble ceiling, I didn't even think it was something goodie there.

The problem with finding the rest of the loot is that immediately after picking the nugget, or the tiara from the 9th secret, I get the "mission complete".
    Last edited by Simbad; 6th Mar 2010 at 02:56.

I just replayed this mission, on the easiest setting. Turns out I was wrong in my earlier post.

The door you mention here opens with the 'Azura bedrooms' key.

(The Mechanist priest that spawns after certain things are done has the strongbox key, not the key to this room)
    Last edited by jiansonz; 7th Mar 2010 at 11:37.

The door you mention here opens with the 'Azura bedrooms' key.
    Odd! I went several times on that door, and tried all the key in my inventory. I can't be absolutely sure that I tried also the "Azura bedroom key" at the door. I will load again the saving and I will try the Azura key.

Help needed please

I´m stuck in the beginning of the mission, i´m repaying this one on expert mode, i can´t leave the cells area, i´ve been already into the crypts, but i can´t find a key to the sewer door or any other locked door, what am i missing?

Quote Originally Posted by cardia1 View Post
    I´m stuck in the beginning of the mission, i´m repaying this one on expert mode, i can´t leave the cells area, i´ve been already into the crypts, but i can´t find a key to the sewer door or any other locked door, what am i missing?
    On Expert, the guard patrolling outside the cell you start in (and soon gets killed by a Keeper) should have this key.
    Last edited by jiansonz; 10th Apr 2012 at 04:07.

On Expert, the guard patrolling outside the cell you start in (and soon gets killed by a Keeper) should have this key.
    Thanks Jiansonz

I just finished this nice mission on "Expert" mode, i just want to know who sings the music "Blame on the bossa nova" in this mission, i know the original version is sang by a woman, but i would like to have this version for men..."i was at a dance when SHE caught my eye..." so do you know who´s the artist that sings this version?

Page 8 of 9 FirstFirst ... 3456789 LastLast