TTLG|Thief|Bioshock|System Shock|Deus Ex|Mobile
Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ... 2345678 LastLast

Thread: T2 FM: The Mask of Agamemnon by Yandros (Updated to v1.1, 21 Nov 2016)

Quote Originally Posted by ffox View Post
    RoBk - see here.
    Thank you.. It shows I have my eyes wide open.

Very beautiful mission

last night i played this mission and can´t simply find the words to describe the greatness of this fm, i enjoyed alot playing this one, it´s like you were really playing a new level for tomb raider 1, those textures are well detailed compared to tomb1, and the ambient sound is wonderfull, it made me feel like i was dreaming, that´s why i think all the fms authors should add a new ambient sound like i said before, it gives a new enviroment to the fm and another beauty. the architechture is also explendid and the gameplay too, this was the best fm i played from Yandros.

Congrats Yandros you´ve got an excellent work here

Desperately Dodgy Moderator
    Quote Originally Posted by cardia1 View Post
    those textures are well detailed compared to tomb1,
    Glad you liked it! However, those testures ARE taken directly from T1 with no modifications.
    Someday I may retexture the whole mission with higher res textures just to see what it looks like.

Summer Vacation Contest Winner 2010

Yandros

Thanks for the Lara Croft Mission. It was Wonderful!
    Last edited by darthsLair; 17th Feb 2007 at 09:49. Reason: spelling error

I loved this mission! No problems with jumping and mantling for me, which is strange, because in Thief I normally have to try several times just to climb a simple ledge. Maybe I have more trust in Lara ... did the jumping even three times, because I grabed the torc like SlyFoxx "in flight"
    The only problem were the enemies, but I soon figured out, that this pedestal with the statue is very nice to stand upon and throw bombs down. Otherwise I would have been lost without my blackjack and the possibility to sneak upon everybody.
    It was great to see Lara again (nice picture of her in the load/save area) and I loved the atmosphere. Thank you for the fun!

Glad you enjoyed it!

Another great from Yandros! This has a completely unique atmosphere, and I've enjoyed it immensely. I think I need a small nudge to finish, though.

All objectives are compelte except "Find a way out", and I'm in the mask room. When I pick up the mask, the door to this (mask) room closes and I'm trapped in there with all the haunts with (apparently) no way to get out. Upon picking up the mask, I saw the cutscene showing a door opening which I assume will be the "way out", but I can't seem to find a way out of the mask room in order to get to it.

I actually found the mask/moved the blocks long ago, but thought grabbing the mask needed to be the last thing to do, so went back through the whole place 4 or 5 more times to get all the loot. Now, I'm trying grabbing the mask again, and am getting the same result as the first time: Trapped!

Would anyone please be so kind as to tell what I've missed? I suspect it must be something embarrassingly obvious.

CAn't get started

Quote Originally Posted by Yandros View Post
    The one you see in the first brief cutscene is pulled much later, as was sometimes done in TR (you see where you need to get to but take a long, circuitous route to get there). You need to look for a secret door near the portculli to get started.
    spoiler:
    I am going nuts. Have crept around the entire area around the portcullises and can't find a darn thing to frob or any secret door...am I an idiot?

MUNICH10,
    spoiler:
    watch out for a suspiciously looking torch.

Quote Originally Posted by SinisterShadow View Post
    MUNICH10,
    spoiler:
    watch out for a suspiciously looking torch.
    Thanks Sinister! I actually did look at that but didn't jump high enough to tell that it was frobbable.

Quote Originally Posted by bassmanret View Post
    Another great from Yandros! This has a completely unique atmosphere, and I've enjoyed it immensely. I think I need a small nudge to finish, though.

All objectives are compelte except "Find a way out", and I'm in the mask room. When I pick up the mask, the door to this (mask) room closes and I'm trapped in there with all the haunts with (apparently) no way to get out. Upon picking up the mask, I saw the cutscene showing a door opening which I assume will be the "way out", but I can't seem to find a way out of the mask room in order to get to it.

I actually found the mask/moved the blocks long ago, but thought grabbing the mask needed to be the last thing to do, so went back through the whole place 4 or 5 more times to get all the loot. Now, I'm trying grabbing the mask again, and am getting the same result as the first time: Trapped!

Would anyone please be so kind as to tell what I've missed? I suspect it must be something embarrassingly obvious.
    You need to move the block onto the floor thingie by the door to make it open again after taking the mask.

Quote Originally Posted by Yandros View Post
    You need to move the block onto the floor thingie by the door to make it open again after taking the mask.
    Thanks Yandros, but this doesn't seem to be working for me. I've tried moving the block onto the blue floor plate in front of the gate both before and after taking the mask, but that gate stays closed no matter what I do.

I'm out of time now, but will look into either opening in Dromed or restarting this weekend, as I really don't want to leave this incompleted. It's like playing a completely different (and very GOOD) game ...without spending a dime!

Great mission Its soooooo cooooll

Nice mission, except for (you guess it) all that box-pushing near the end. Lara just pushes boxes faster than Garrett does.

I had no real problems with the jumping sequence several people complain about, but I once played another mission where one was supposed to jump from platform to platform, and I could not complete a single jump, although I tried several techniques and used two or three computers with very different processor speeds. Of course, the mission info stated those jumps were easy and always possible... Perhaps such jumps should be reserved for optional loot or expert level.

Thanks, Yandros, and Gumdrop as well!

Quote Originally Posted by baeuchlein View Post
    Perhaps such jumps should be reserved for optional loot or expert level.
    I agree completely for any mission other than a TombRaider-style mission.

How do I get into the pool room with all the gates around it? I am only short 45 loot to reach my goal.

Iceblade: Question 2 in this post.

Thank you

Wooh! Took me half an hour to beat and a trip to the forums to find all the secrets, but I got it all and it was a blast. Even though its short, this is one of my favs now.
    Last edited by Peanuckle; 11th Dec 2007 at 22:43.

just came across this mission this morning and I realized I never finished it ( to be honest, I became stuck in the very first part...)
    but with a little help from here I finished it!!
    thanks Yandros, had a great time playing this mission

Thanks Yandros, but this doesn't seem to be working for me. I've tried moving the block onto the blue floor plate in front of the gate both before and after taking the mask, but that gate stays closed no matter what I do.

I'm out of time now, but will look into either opening in Dromed or restarting this weekend, as I really don't want to leave this incompleted. It's like playing a completely different (and very GOOD) game ...without spending a dime!
    Wow, I posted this 5 years ago! Being reminded of this FM by nighshifter's post, I revisited, and Yep, same problem. The gate doesn't open no matter what I do. Any chance that NOW (5 years later), anyone might have a suggestion? If not, I guess I'll leave it unfinished and ignored for another 5 years.

Wow, I posted this 5 years ago! Being reminded of this FM by nighshifter's post, I revisited, and Yep, same problem. The gate doesn't open no matter what I do. Any chance that NOW (5 years later), anyone might have a suggestion? If not, I guess I'll leave it unfinished and ignored for another 5 years.
    You need a Walkthrought. Just get the best, by Ricebug. Grab the 2006 (vol. 7)
    http://www.ricebug.net/thief/Thief.html

Quote Originally Posted by TaxAkla View Post
    You need a Walkthrought. Just get the best, by Ricebug. Grab the 2006 (vol. 7)
    http://www.ricebug.net/thief/Thief.html
    Thanks TaxAkla, this is exactly what I needed to know (from the walkthrough):

Push the big block
    onto one of the square patterns on the floor and you’ll hear a sound. Look up and you’ll see a
    torch high on the wall has ignited. Push the block around until you’ve got all 4 torches lit and the
    gate at the north end will open.

NOW, I can finally finish!

If the torches all come on and the gate doesn't open, it could be a problem with custom scripts not working on newer Windows OS machines. It's happened to several folks with my missions, including me. Let me know if that happens to you.

21 Nov 2016: Updated to v1.1

• Updated to NewDark v1.24
    • French translation by Apiai
    • Italian translation by Krenim
    • Updated to the latest script modules
    • Updated water and fire particles

Download Links
    Southquarter: http://www.southquarter.com/downloads/2006/MoA_v1-1.zip

The original poast has also been updated and additional mirrors will be added if they become available. Thanks to Brethren for the SQ hosting.

Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ... 2345678 LastLast