TTLG|Thief|Bioshock|System Shock|Deus Ex|Mobile
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: T2 FM Freedo Finds One (12/26/06)

I don't know if anyone else has experienced this problem since dl'ing this game, but I can't get it to run in either GL or DL. I even went through the trouble of unistalling both & then reinstalling them, even deleted the 1st time I dl'd the game & re-dl'd it from CheapMissions. I can get to the objectives & then to the weapons shop, but once I click on "Play Mission" it shuts down. I tried to play another mission, but when I install the other mission, the title comes up for this game, but the objectives are for the newly installed game. When I try to play the newer game, I have no sound. I tried to install the OMs, but neither GL or DL will let me get past this game.

I just wanted to see if anyone else had complications playing this mission, and if so, how they fixed it. Thanks for any help with this problem.

Ghost
    Thanks, SirFreddieM; I found it right after I posted the question... as it happens, I had been there before; I just didn't know that was the park!

I've completed every task (including two bonus objectives) except loot: I'm still about 300 short of finishing and 1,200 short (!) of the max.

I think I have all the secrets: it only shows 3 out of 4 possible, but I came into the president's office through the secret -- which doesn't seem to trigger it.

I must have missed some huge caches of loot... can anyone suggest anything?

Thanks,

Dafydd

Well I have done everything except find the hand that feeds. I know its
    spoiler:
    somewhere in the room with the haunt. Opened the chest and found the parchment. Even looked for any switches and in the broken chest.
    And I have searched everywhere, and looked closely. Any help is appreciated!

Sting

P.S. Can not wait for the sequel.

Quote Originally Posted by Stingm View Post
    Well I have done everything except find the hand that feeds.
    spoiler:
    Did you look in the small, walled in section in the park? If you're standing by the ladder in the canal, just look past the canal a little to your right & you'll see it. Go round the half-wall & you'll find a small opening that you can crawl into. Go to your left and on the left wall you'll see a small secret door that opens into another crypt area. I chose not to explore that area, but if the hand isn't in with the haunt, it's probably there. Maybe.

I never got that objective; maybe because I 'd already met all the objectives except finding a way out, so
    spoiler:
    I decided to consider the haunt/crypt areas optional and steered clear of them.

All in all, it was extremely good for a first FM! I only experienced one little bug: the water in the canal disappeared from sight when I went back there a 2nd time; it was still there when I jumped in - I just couldn't see it. But it didn't distract from my overall enjoyment. I especially liked the fact that you could do a a fair amount of exploring, even if it did take you to
    spoiler:
    some rather spooky areas. So I don't like haunts, ghosts, or the undead - so what!
    Once again, these were optional for me, so I chose to ignore them.

Good work, Todd! I'm really looking forward to your next FM.
    Last edited by Dia; 3rd Jan 2007 at 11:29.

I have been in there, thats the right area I just can not find the hand. Anyone?

Sting

Stingm

spoiler:
    Go up the slope, Hand in wall on left.

Love this FM it had just everything needed. Just wish I had found that secret
    spoiler:
    switch behind the barrel at the beginning, had to finish without any water arrows or gas arrows.
    Thanks for all the help I found on this forum.
    Coreyb2

Thanks I needed that bad. Great mission!

Sting

Quote Originally Posted by Dafydd View Post

Note to john9818a uptopic: using water arrows is not per se a ghost bust, so long as you don't alert anyone. You're thinking of "Supreme Ghost."
    Ok thanks, I'll have to go back and try the pub again.

@ CloakedInDarkness

Sometimes the water will disappear if at one point there are too many objects or explosions on screen.

Oh, the gas arrow in the store had a purchase price of 600, but still had the default 500 in the text.

Quote Originally Posted by john9818a View Post

Oh, the gas arrow in the store had a purchase price of 600, but still had the default 500 in the text.
    That's amazing John, as I never had a store in my mission?
    Do to my Noob ignorance, I only had a "false store" showing your starting items, but nothing you could buy!
    Regards,
    CID
    "Methinks the times, they are a changin".
    CID

Fantastic first effort - aside from a few cosmetic issues (and one rudely hidden hand) the mission was very fun - I especially enjoyed the underground areas! Thanks!

I had no loading problems or trouble finding
    spoiler:
    secrets
    , H
    however I can't find the
    spoiler:
    security key. It is supposed to be in vault room.
    how about a hint?

Quote Originally Posted by Slingblade View Post
    Anybody know where the
    spoiler:
    ring
    is?? I think it's in the
    spoiler:
    basement
    , but where??

Never mind! I found it.

This is a very good FM!

I can't find it! Can you tell where I should be looking? Thanks!

Clearinghouse
    I can't find Rebecca's Ring

I think it's (don't hold me to this, my memory is really bad) under the elevator.

Clearinghouse
    Thanks, JACKofTrades! I've completed all objectives except loot. I have found 3974 from 4000.

GarrettsLandlord - There are two security keys. Read the note on the Sgt's desk upstairs in Bank guardqtrs.
    spoiler:
    1. is behind and under desk where note is
    2. Is in vault room head high, left side of vault, slot in wall.

Bobber - Rebecca's ring;
    spoiler:
    look in water under elevator in vault room, basement.

Clearing - Loot; there is a total of
    spoiler:
    4014 dollars
    that you can find on the main level without going into bank basement or down into caverns or into sewer. Most items are placed in plain sight, and all will frob.
    spoiler:
    You can find 4949 total, but dromed reports 4997 for some reason.
    I stated this in my readme.

Regards,
    CloakedInDarkness
    CID

4329 loot out of the total, 4 secrets 2 and a quarter hours play time

that was a damn good effort for a first attempt, you have a nice line in barely visible hiding places for loot , I would suggest a metal door on the alarm room though as I just bashed it in before I found the key

did get stuck on one tiny step coming back to the sewer room with the spiders from the haunt room up the little tunnel to the wooden platform there's a bit that you have to kind of back up and run up the side of the wall to get past, overall pretty good though there were a few floating items but not so many it became a distraction and that was the only place I got stuck on the scenery. I was a little surprised to find an empty loadin store as well but thats not really part of the mission

well impressed here, I await the next instalment with eager anticipation

Great job for a first timer! A tip of my hat to all of you folks who make these missions for us mere mortals to enjoy!

I missed most of the mission. I went underground trough the drain, and then into the bank. Fining the cameras, I went back outside and searcher. Garrett says he can climb up to the roof but I didn't find the way (was it too obvious?). In the end I stormed the bank, killed everyone in there, took all the loot I could. Only then I found the crypt. After that, I looked for a way out and that's it...

Apart from the bugs and design flaws, I enjoyed a lot the crypt, the use of Karra's children, and the woods to which you escape in the end.

NeKoeNMa

Why didn't you use your ropearrow to enter the roof?

Thank you very much for this mission, CloakedInDarkness!

For the first effort this mission is just great! I had a thrilling time with it!

Quote Originally Posted by Dinksmallwood View Post
    Thank you very much for this mission, CloakedInDarkness!

For the first effort this mission is just great! I had a thrilling time with it!
    Thank you very much! I'm glad you enjoyed it. I'm honored that you, who has helped Christine with her missions enjoyed it!! I know that I'll never rise to her level, but it is sure fun trying.... Thank's Dinksmallwood, you've made my day!!!
    CloakedInDarkness
    CID

*blush*
    Oh, you flatter me way too much...
    I'm just Christine's girl Friday - and have no idea of DromEd (except that I know that it's taffin' difficult and nerve-wracking ).

And I will never compare missions of different authors. That's just not fair. Each author has an own style, and that's really fine this way (imagine how boring it would be if all missions were the same style). So - if I have fun with a mission I think it's my 'leastwise duty' to tell the author (= you) about it.

Anyway I hope this was just your first FM and many will follow?

and have no idea of DromEd (except that I know that it's taffin' difficult and nerve-wracking
    Das is nicht richtig!

Dromed generally is very simple to use. All it takes is time and more time. Sure, to produce a Temple of the Tides or a What Lies Below, you need a mixture of talent and expertise but to produce a bog standard mission you need neither.

Have a go..... You will learn much even if you never release a mission.
    Last edited by The_Dude; 7th Jan 2007 at 15:26.

Fun

it was fun...the only thing I couldn't find was the key to open the footlocker in the basement area.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast