TTLG|Thief|Bioshock|System Shock|Deus Ex|Mobile
Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast

Thread: Thief 2 FM: The Skygem Connection (27-12-2006)

Dyald .......thank you for a FUN mission.

spoiler:
    I loved the training session , dodging ! the fake
    people , and especially the inivisible beasts !![ delightfully
    frightening !! ]

I hope there is another one to come .
    Last edited by Nightwalker; 28th Dec 2006 at 16:36.

I hope there is another one to come
    could be

Well I downloaded the movie seperately so I could at least see that part and I must say I think it was very well done. I like the way it was presented and I also like the way Garrett looked...maybe a small scar could have been added for a little more mature look? I also liked the music choice..very good Mozart! Now I'll have to see about the game

hmm, stuck in the library... I cut down the dragon banner, but now I can't find a trigger to open the door. help?

also, what was the music used in the video? it seems so familiar, but wasn't credited in the credits!

Quote Originally Posted by MrMunkeepants View Post
    hmm, stuck in the library... I cut down the dragon banner, but now I can't find a trigger to open the door. help?
    clue: read a good book lately?

outright giveaway: right bookcase, frob book 'lever'

Another FM?!! I think my head just exploded!

Am downloading now. Thanks Dyald!

Dyald...I do not use a download accelarator...I have DSL so no need for one anymore..therefore it just uses Windows downloader. How can I possibly unpack/repack when I cannot open the zip file. I cannot see the other method either...since it calls for the unzipping and rezip type method as well? Again I'm not able to do anything with the file...puzzeled

Dyald...I do not use a download accelarator...

The Fire Eater:

Boy, that sure doesn't make sense to me. If you haven't tried already, maybe you should check to see if other zip files work, I'm wondering if the problem could be in your zip utility. try re-installing winzip and see if that is it. Since nobody else has reported a simlar problem I assume that the file is good.

Maybe someone out there who also has dsl could send it to you(I'm on dial up )

If anybody else has an idea please let us know.

crashes to desktop

when i walk in to the wall by the padded chair in the bedroom just after the combo lock
    the game crashes to desktop
    and i am at a loss as to where to go from their
    i think i have been everyelse
    and assistance would be helpfull thanks
    Last edited by jimm1; 29th Dec 2006 at 18:13. Reason: i goofed

@dyald...all other files work fine...I have no problem with the install into Darkloader to play games. I have always just installed thru Darkloader then use my desktop shortcut for Thief to actually play the game(s). As was said this is the first time I have experienced any problem with a Mod that I've dl'd (and I use cheap as main and really only source for Mods). In fact, I was going to try and get your Mod from Komag's to see if that would make a difference but he apparently doesn't have it (or at least when I looked the other day). I can't figure it either, so I'm stumped as to what to do since I cannot open the zip file to try anything due to error message. Forced to close, so I don't know how anyone else would be able to either when getting that same error message?? Thanks for reply

Quote Originally Posted by jimm1 View Post
    when i walk in to the wall by the padded chair in the bedroom just after the combo lock
    the game crashes to desktop
    and i am at a loss as to where to go from their
    i think i have been everyelse
    and assistance would be helpfull thanks
    I had that problem too. It's only a small area, so i stayed away from it and the game carries on fine.

As to what to do next, have you got the teleporting thingies? it's in that room, you need to find a switch though

Question

In the crane room
    spoiler:
    there seems to be a secret door... but I can't seem to find a switch, am I blind or is it not a secret door?

telport thingies

if ya mean
    spoiler:
    the switch by the bed and the 2 statues than yes

So you finished the mission? Good to hear that.

Ethne, yes it's a secret door, that would have been the alternative way to enter the facility. It can only be opened from the other side as far as i know...

Keep it up, Dyald, I like what I'm playing!

spoiler:
    Overall, the architecture needed a bit more variation, but the layout worked well (no snagging on geometry or super-precise jump points). Technically, the Dromed gizmos all functioned pretty well, especially the Dewdrop "beacon". Content-wise, the Keeper training facility was a nice homage to the tutorial in TDP, although the security was pretty shabby for such a place. Mind you, keyhunts and death-traps would have slowed things down and are annoying, anyway. Finally, those background shenanigans during the intro were a nice dash of humour.

Quote Originally Posted by SethAC View Post
    @SirFreddieM:

spoiler:
    The red button is deactivating a trap! After you hit it, you can cross the room without danger. (Do you not read all the scrolls and books? One of the readables is talking about it. ).
    I read the scroll. I didn't see anything different when pushing the red button, so I just jumped over the blue lines.

I couldn't get the crate to release though.

I felt bad about leaving Sara there all alone. Will she be rescued in the next FM

Archivist
    I've followed the underground tunnels to the crypt, but I don't know what to do there. I found the way out by climbing the rope but that's it.
    What's the function of the sarcophagus with the moveable plate?
    Last edited by The Phantom; 30th Dec 2006 at 16:06.

What's the function of the
    spoiler:
    sarcophagus with the moveable plate?

You can move it just enough to peek in and get some loot.

Thanks for a really, very fun mission... I thoroughly enjoyed myself the whole time. Loved the
    spoiler:
    nearly invisible creatures
    and the
    spoiler:
    training facility.

Thanks again and congratulations.

just got to tunnels infested with lightbeasts and having a whale of a time, gonna call it a night for the mo but I'm loving this mission

Archivist
    Thanks lemniscate.
    And now I also noticed that i overlooked a junction in the tunnels, leading north.

jimm1:

Once you have everything, all that is left is to
    spoiler:
    go back to the tunnels
    I'll have to check out that crash.

The Fire Eater:
    some questions/suggestions
    You can't open the zip file in winzip (not darkloader)? Have you tried both versions? Try control-clicking on the link which will force explorer to download from scratch. sometimes it will use what is in the cache instead.

john9818a:
    I felt bad about
    spoiler:
    Do you mean in the temple? because if you lead her to the hollow tree, that rescues her. I was going to have her vanish before you return, but actually. .I forgot.

I couldn't
    spoiler:
    You have to press the buttons at the proper time, wait until the crate stops moving before pressing the press before release button. The crate just squishes the mask guard so if you already took him out there is no point.

I read the scroll.
    spoiler:
    I didn't see anything different when pushing the red button, so I just jumped over the blue lines.
    spoiler:
    Try that without hitting the button

I'm glad everybody is enjoying it.

mickey70
    hehe, during the intro mission i loved
    spoiler:
    the guy chasing the girl by your window, then swiftly being chased back by the guard.
    brilliant. i don't 'lol' too much playing, i did then.

very enjoyable mission overall, always nice to see the keepers get some play!

In Talenor's (forget his name) bedroom. When I jump or walk towards the walls then the game crashes to desktop. Are there loads of complex objects on the other side of the wall that overwhelm the D.Engine ?
    So if the solution to getting any further is contained within the bedroom then i'm buggered.

GREAT mission though, I loved it. That Fire Demon in the tunnel was scary as hell !

Quote Originally Posted by malau View Post
    In Talenor's (forget his name) bedroom. When I jump or walk towards the walls then the game crashes to desktop.
    Same here. I crash as soon as I approach the picture on the wall opposite from the bed.

Very nice mission, dylad. I liked it better than Damsel in Distress. Diverse locations and some fun challenges.

The Fire Eater:
    Do you have a current version of darkloader? I just remembered that the sound in the vid is mp3.

Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast