TTLG|Thief|Bioshock|System Shock|Deus Ex|Mobile
Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 12345678 ... LastLast

Thread: Thief 2 FM: The Skygem Connection (27-12-2006)

TAFF IT! I just finished the mission but I missed a bit the bit just after the water tunnel .. I was mapping the tunnels found it and decided to come back later but the way I went the mission finished

oh well luckily I still have the save from before that point

just have to kill all the spiders again .. it's a hard life

real nice mission, the training area really took me back and the squish with the crate was a hoot .. in a sickish way LOL

I cleaned out Talanvor's mask collection ... then I noticed the switch to turn off the gas trap as I went for the apples and goblet duh! I really must open my taffin eyes more, I found the room before I found the readables and ... well ... all that loot .... just lying around ..... dammit I'm weak OK!

excellent job, you have a devious and imaginative mind, I'm looking forward to your future missions
    Last edited by Esme; 5th Jan 2007 at 12:45. Reason: the spoiler tags I used had stopped working for some reason

Great mission, I have done everything except save the girl. I can not find a doll anywhere. Where is it?

Sting

Stunning
    Quote Originally Posted by Stingm View Post
    Great mission, I have done everything except save the girl. I can not find a doll anywhere. Where is it?

Sting
    spoiler:
    It's on the floor in the last bit of the tunnels before the ladder that leads into the hollow tree.

Found the crash problem, For some reason dromed thinks the picture of the woman with a spear is a door without door properties. there was nothing in the properties that explains this that I could see. I just deleted it then put it back in. Until I upload the fix keep a few feet from that picture(on the wall next to the armchair).
    Don't know how we missed this in beta testing. I wil upload it soon.

Clearinghouse
    Finished. I like this mission. Excellent, Dyald. And this its cool

Found the crash problem, For some reason dromed thinks the picture of the woman with a spear is a door without door properties.
    Yes. Crashes the game to desktop.

Just thought I would mention I am having identical problems to Fire Eater.

The zip file is corrupted according to Windows. Darkloader 4.1 doesn't like it at all. But 4.2 is quite happy.

So the updated darkloader works fine? Do you know if the same is true with the smaller file? I am of a mind that the problem with darkloader is the vid. if you could check the smaller file it would help me in finding the problem. Now that I have confirmation that there is one.

Dyald...I had reported that I did download the smaller vid file just to see it but did not open it in Darkloader to view. I just opened the file normally with my player so I don't know if I could or would have been able to set it into Darkloader to get it into Thief's game to view? Just watching it the way I did it worked fine but I don't think that would answer your question. As far as getting another version of Darkloader (4.2) I had seen no reason for it as everything I have or have gotten recently (with some limitations as to what I would prefer to play) have all worked just fine. Even those with mp3 files which Darkloader has converted to play them as per the requirements of a particular Mod to do so.

If I get the 4.2 ver. (I have no interest in Garrettloader) would I be able to just overwrite my current version with it or would I have to delete it first and put my Mission folder elsewhere temporarily as it is a subfolder to Darkloader? Thanks for assist.

Quote Originally Posted by The Fire Eater View Post
    Dyald...I had reported that I did download the smaller vid file just to see it but did not open it in Darkloader to view. I just opened the file normally with my player so I don't know if I could or would have been able to set it into Darkloader to get it into Thief's game to view? Just watching it the way I did it worked fine but I don't think that would answer your question. As far as getting another version of Darkloader (4.2) I had seen no reason for it as everything I have or have gotten recently (with some limitations as to what I would prefer to play) have all worked just fine. Even those with mp3 files which Darkloader has converted to play them as per the requirements of a particular Mod to do so.

If I get the 4.2 ver. (I have no interest in Garrettloader) would I be able to just overwrite my current version with it or would I have to delete it first and put my Mission folder elsewhere temporarily as it is a subfolder to Darkloader? Thanks for assist.
    I really don't know the oficial answer but that is what I did, then redid the setup and id worked fine

p.s. I keep all my fm's in a folder and drive seperate from thief or darkloader in case I mess something up.(and I will mess something up, always do)
    Last edited by dyald; 4th Jan 2007 at 16:27. Reason: caint spael

dyald, the movie did not play in 4.1 but it did in 4.2. Does that help?

Last edited by dyald : 4th Jan 2007 at 12:27. Reason: caint spael Unquote LOL

Hmmm...you don't have Missions subfolder to Darkloader. Well that might make a difference for me as I don't want to lose it if I try to delete Darkloader since I think it would take it with it. Darn...that is such a large folder/w missions don't know where I could put it in the meantime...heh

Maybe I'll wait and see what anyone else might be able to tell me that does and just be able to overwrite w/o any problems doing so? It's just been so long ago since I did last upgrade can't remember how I should do it.

UPDATE: I just read the thread again about Darkloader 4.3 with some newer postings and it appears that I'd better wait for a bit yet. Seems there are some problems that need to be looked into and fixed. Oh well, I still have some others to play in the meantime
    Last edited by The Fire Eater; 4th Jan 2007 at 17:01. Reason: New info added re: Darkloader stuff

Finished the mission - it's great!

Unfortuately, I'm 0/2 on secrets. Anyone wanna give any hints?

- prjames

dyald, the movie did not play in 4.1 but it did in 4.2. Does that help?
    It sounds like the movie is the culprit. But I couldn't guess why.

The Fire Eater:
    Keep a look out for an update on cheapthiefmissions I'll be uploading a new version soon that fixes the crash bug, since it will be a new file maybe that will help. I can't remember, did you try to play the version without the vid?

prjames:

Finished the mission - it's great!

Unfortuately, I'm 0/2 on secrets. Anyone wanna give any hints?

- prjames
    In a spoiler, give me a hint on which one you found and I'll give you a hint on the one you didn't

oh and something I forgot to praise to to the builder

maps

..holy taffin cartography garrett we get actual MAPS! THAT TELL YOU WHERE YOU ARE I had completely forgotten how useful the maps can be as they were so rare in FM's

HAAAAAAAAAAAAALELUJAH *cue angelic choir*

thank you yet again for making an old taffer very happy

Dyald..no I haven't gotten the file w/o movie yet. I'll see about getting that one perhaps a little later on and see if it will load, etc. Right now though I'm playing a couple of others (it's a two-parter) so I'll be tied up with those for awhile yet. Thank you for trying to be so helpful anyway.

Embarrassingly enough, I'm stuck towards the beginning of this FM. I can't find a key to open the door to the lower archives stairs; I also know that I'm going to have to find a way to the town where I need to obtain the key to the one locked bedroom, but have no idea where to go to find a way to the town.

I've been through the training area up to the point where I have to make the leaps, but decided that part of the FM must be just for fun. Am I correct in assuming this?

What am I missing, please? Thank you.

spoiler:
    The leaps are not just for fun. This will lead to the town.

Thanks Dude. I'll go back & try again.

Very nice mission, Dyald.

I didn't ghost as far as I usually do. Normally I'll ghost for an hour or so before I get annoyed, but I had to start plonking Keepers. The maps were fantastic and I love not having a loot requirement.

Funny, just the other day, I was thinking of
    spoiler:
    the glowing creatures
    but I couldn't remember what mission they were from.

Wonderful mission, Dyald...

I love the keepers training area... and again this whatever-it-is-beast made my heart beat much too fast...

I had a lot of fun with this one.

Entertaining FM, to say the least. Never did get the 'find the girl objective'; guess I must have missed Dewdrop somewhere along the way.

Good work, Dyald!

Is your next one ready yet?

[QUOTE=Dia;1543804]Entertaining FM, to say the least. Never did get the 'find the girl objective'; guess I must have missed Dewdrop somewhere along the way.

Dia, you can find Dewdrop
    spoiler:
    in the caves, right in front of the ladder that takes you up in the hollow tree. Did you find the girl then? If not, she's in the building in one of the jails.

Gloria Creep
    There're angels who playThief and angels who don't ........ both go to heaven ............
    Dare to join .............

I just wanted to say that I really appreciate all the good comments, as well as the criticisms, and that I am glad the fm was well recieved.

And to show my appreciation, maybe I'll get started on the next chapter.

Thank you all.
    Last edited by dyald; 6th Jan 2007 at 21:56. Reason: added something

Just wanted to add my thanks & congrats on a terrific mission, Dyald - really enjoyed it!

Actually, I had somehow missed "Damsel In Distress" until you stated it was the prequel to this one in the readme, so I d/l & played that first. Whilst I enjoyed DiD almost as much as this one, I too thought it had a few 'not-so-good' aspects (some oversizing, some unnecessary areas & a bit low on detail) as several people posted.

But you seem to have eliminated these little flaws as part of making an even better 2nd mission, without losing any of the best aspects of DiD -- e.g. the many different types of area logically strung together, excellent & evolving plot & really interesting gameplay.

So, whilst this has probably been said before, Dyald's work seems a very good example of why others should post both positive & (nicely-worded) 'not-so-positive' comments on a designer's first mission, rather than trying to tip-toe around his / her feelings &, thus, neglecting to give constructive feedback.

Just my 2 cents worth...

Unless I'm wrong, & Dyald broke down in tears after reading the DiD thread...

Again, thanks for a great mission !!!

Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 12345678 ... LastLast