TTLG|Thief|Bioshock|System Shock|Deus Ex|Mobile
Page 5 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789 LastLast

Thread: Thief 2 FM: The Skygem Connection (27-12-2006)

The Phantom:

A question:
    -There is a scroll in Mock Town that says:
    If someone borrowed my good hammer, please return it.
    Can this hammer be found in the mission? Sounds like a valuable artifact for Garrett to take with him.
    Yes.
    spoiler:
    It's in Mocktown, up high,
    but it is only treasure.

Another nice Garrett imitation, SlyFoxx (where would Garrett be in fm's without your voice!) and also compliments to the voice actor who did Keeper William.
    Oh yes he did a wonderfull job. When I sent him the lines for Garrett, I also sent Will's. I asked only for Garrett. But when I played the sound files and heard BOTH voices, best decribes my reaction.

BTW, I am working on #3

Gripper:

spoiler:
    Be sure to read all of Talanvors journal
    Last edited by dyald; 16th Jan 2007 at 14:12. Reason: Forgot something

Oh...I thought I was supposed to do both.

Quote Originally Posted by SlyFoxx View Post
    Oh...I thought I was supposed to do both.
    I am most pleased with the way that little misundersting worked out. I now associate that voice with William and can not imagine him with another. I hope you realise that I may have to use Will again just because of that.

It's all good...but next time I'll want cookies!

Archivist
    I didn't expect that
    Heh i couldn't have gave you a bigger compliment Sly

Dyald, thanks for the answer.
    Oh and there's a PM heading your way.

I'm entering in the code

spoiler:
    7523, and then tried 7524...

and it still won't open... why?

Gripper:
    spoiler:
    you had the third digit wrong in the second number

bug

In the room by the masks that you have to enter the code to get in, if you walk up to the picture across from the bed the game shuts down.

Quote Originally Posted by Gripper View Post
    In the room by the masks that you have to enter the code to get in, if you walk up to the picture across from the bed the game shuts down.
    There will soon be a new version available that takes care of that, along with a few other things.

version 102 is now up on thiefmissions.com

Fixed the problem with darkloader, the crash caused by the painting, and various other small bugs.

Hmmmm

Still haven't found one of the two secrets, the one found being
    spoiler:
    the underwater access to Karras & Friend dancing

There was a reference to some treasure in Mocktown being "high up". I think I know where it is, but I can't get up there.

Quote Originally Posted by Clock View Post
    Still haven't found one of the two secrets, the one found being
    spoiler:
    the underwater access to Karras & Friend dancing

There was a reference to some treasure in Mocktown being "high up". I think I know where it is, but I can't get up there.
    I'm sorry, but I don't think an fm author should give out a secret, but I did give a hint, vague though it is, in the archives

but the treasure, in the room right after the automatic gate is a window, you can't open it but look on the other side

Yes, I caught that vague hint...but it hasn't helped.

The treasure is indeed where I thought it was. How do you get up there ?

Ok, I got to the treasure...
    spoiler:
    very difficult positioning, but I had to stack a crate on top of an unconscious citizen on top of the steps of the door leading to MockTown. The door had to be closed for this to work.

Regards the hint....
    spoiler:
    I hate having to check every book in a library (archive). Is this what I need to do?

Quote Originally Posted by Clock View Post
    Yes, I caught that vague hint...but it hasn't helped.

The treasure is indeed where I thought it was. How do you get up there ?

Sadly I could not finish this one. Just too dark I could not find my way through the tunnels kept dying near the spiders.
    I haven't lost my mind,
    I have it backed up on disk.
    Oops bad sectors! Damn floppys!
    ICQ#1747197

The spiders can be avoided by crossing the "pit" using the vines. Perhaps it is too dark for you to see the vines hanging down from the roof ?

I used to have dark issues when I used my old crt monitor. The flat screen I have now is great for Thief.

Yea im on a viewsonic pf790 19" Flat screen. Was very expensive when I bought it but I have trouble playing thief too dark
    I haven't lost my mind,
    I have it backed up on disk.
    Oops bad sectors! Damn floppys!
    ICQ#1747197

Ok, I got to the treasure...
    spoiler:
    Did you try a rope arrow in the fake sky?

Regards the hint....
    spoiler:
    not a book or anything like that, it isn't anything like the other secret either.

I can't remember which om it was, but one time as I crouched behind a column hiding from a gaurd, I noticed a hidden door at the base of the column that I would have missed otherwise (it is not in a col.)
    Thelvyn:

Sadly I could not finish this one. Just too dark I could not find my way through the tunnels kept dying near the spiders.
    At the very begining, you start facing a tree, there is a split in the tree right in front of you, if you can get the gamma and/or brightness of your monitor adjusted to the point where you can barely see the split, then the rest will be fine. I put that in because I used to have a dark monitor also and not everybody sees it the same, also, try to play at night without the lights.
    Last edited by dyald; 22nd Jan 2007 at 16:21. Reason: need to learn how to spell

Oh no!....lol. I never considered that. It's so easy when you know how. I spent a lot of time trying to get to that
    ledge.
    The other secret I'm going to give up on. I got all the loot, so there is no reward for finding it.

Lights off and gamma at max still can barely see.
    I saw some rope arrows in that cavern but not enough to get across. Guess I just could not see them.

It's actually well placed apart so you wouldn't have difficulty getting across to the other side.

I forgot about Dyald's text message warning about the darkness level. What you should try is to "restart" the mission and follow his instructions regards the split in the tree. But if your Gamma is set to maximum and your brightness is cranked, then you might not be able to play. If you can make the adjustments, then quickload back to where you were before you quit.

Book

Where is the hidden Keeper book? Thank you.

Ok, I'm going to plead stupidity here. At the beginning the only objectives were to find and read the keeper's book and don't kill any keepers. Once I found the book in
    spoiler:
    the archives the Keeper appeared and had that conversation with Garrett after which he opened the trap doors to the tunnel.
    Since then
    spoiler:
    I have found and freed the little girl, found the code to turn off the security system in the face room, raided the bedroom including the two statues hidden behind the picture and raided the tomb.
    After all that I made my way
    spoiler:
    through the tunnels and back to the ladder leading to the trapdoor to the archives, but it is closed.
    Can anyone give me a nudge in the right direction.
    Thanks in advance

ftran999: The mission should end, going down to the tunnels again.
    Are you sure
    spoiler:
    the girl followed you to the hollow tree? Make sure you hand over her dolly to her. An objective should tick off then. Then go down to the tunnels again.

Gloria Creep
    There're angels who playThief and angels who don't ........ both go to heaven ............
    Dare to join .............

Quote Originally Posted by LeBaron View Post
    Where is the hidden Keeper book? Thank you.
    spoiler:
    in a secret passage in the archives
    you could get a clearer hint if you would give us a clearer idea of where you have looked

Page 5 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789 LastLast