TTLG|Thief|Bioshock|System Shock|Deus Ex|Mobile
Page 6 of 9 FirstFirst ... 23456789 LastLast

Thread: Thief 2 FM: The Skygem Connection (27-12-2006)

dyald

Thank you much!

Quote Originally Posted by Gloria Creep View Post
    ftran999: The mission should end, going down to the tunnels again.
    Are you sure
    spoiler:
    the girl followed you to the hollow tree? Make sure you hand over her dolly to her. An objective should tick off then. Then go down to the tunnels again.

Gloria Creep
    Thanks for your response Gloria. I did get
    spoiler:
    the girl to follow me to the tree
    and the objective did check off.
    spoiler:
    Going into the tunnels does not end the game for me.
    The read the keeper's book objective is still unchecked.
    Oh well, if there's nothing else might as well quit here and move on to the next FM.

ftran999:
    It does sound like you finished the fm,
    spoiler:
    I can not figure out how you didn't get the check off for reading the keeper book and get into the tunnels since they are trigered by the same thing.

did you by chance save it right after reading the book and before the conversation? there was a bug (been fixed) that would break the sequence if you did this.

The mission was great I loved it. A lot of fun.
    I played on easy first then hardest. I had missed
    the tomb completly first time around

I loved the secrete with the dancing
    Real good fun. The Muck town was fun.I expected them to come to life at first

It's horrible weather here today - freezing fog followed by sleet - but I had a good time Mastering this fascinating FM. I'm really looking forward to the next one. Well done!

Congratulations on an excellent mission dyald! I'm embarrassed to say I'm stuck in the training area, at the end. I don't know how to get out!
    I have tried leaving the keeper alone, as well as knocking him out, but it doesn't seem to make any difference. My gamma is fairly low, even with everything turned up full, (and the lights off!) so I may be missing something fairly obvious. Hope someone can help.

Never mind - Found it! Went into the settings on the graphics card and was able to turn the gamma up further. Now I can see more than just shades of black! Looking forward to the rest of this mission!

Just wanted you to know Dyald...so far so good! Found my back way in and got through training area with a little difficulty due to lite area to get to stairwells on one side (one keeper still awake though)...eventually got it worked out...got key in jump room and have progressed over water area to next entry??? What a long way around to get to ultimate goal. LOL

spoiler:
    I hope I didn't have to go in all the rooms on the first floor...I did get treasures from round table in one and training room with dummy got equipment, etc. also other small rooms via the kitchen and hallway off from there. I just didn't get over to areas where guard was posted inside his little room. I guess where my travels leads me next from where I am will get me to 2nd floor as I didn't bother with the stairway where the one Keeper patrols into. So both of them are still patroling their assigned areas. There was a place noted on map about a large area titled DOWN? Should I have gone there for any special reason...if so that would be difficult since I'd have go a long way back and would take going back through training areas.

Oh yea...I have no loot amount to achieve...only saw a loot requirement in Easy..I'm playing Hard again. I also noted that the cost of Holy Water in shop did not show up either...only the amount deducted from my spending money told me how much it was? Since I don't have a set amount I need to steal...will this be any problem finishing the game..since there's nothing to check off in the first place??
    Last edited by The Fire Eater; 21st Feb 2007 at 21:46.

The SkyGem Connection

I'm in the archives & yeah I slashed the banner that covers up the "secret" door, but how do I open it? Where's the switch/book-whatever? Upper floor or down ?

Try the bookshelf to your right.
    I haven't lost my mind,
    I have it backed up on disk.
    Oops bad sectors! Damn floppys!
    ICQ#1747197

The SkyGem Connection

Thevlyn, what do u mean on the right? 1st floor? Probably... Can't find anything 2 frob...

The SkyGem Connection

Sorry Thelvyn 4 spelling U wrong...

The SkyGem Connection

Thanx, Thelvyn!! Found it!

The SkyGem Connection

Can I kill whatever that is roaming about in the caves?

No I don't think so.

The SkyGem Connection

What's the code, where "5" is under the dudes chair?

Lanfear or Dyald...anyone...I just ran into the same thing regarding 'how to get out of training area"? With a couple of reloads and getting inside all the bldgs. there and snatched keepers key with name (don't know where it's supposed to be used?) I have searched and cannot find anyway to let me out..darn it. So I'm here to ask "how/where" to find exit point? Thank you and hope someone comes to my rescue soon as I'll have to wait for answer before I can continue.

Acolyte6: It has already been posted somewhere in this thread I remember seeing it.

Quote Originally Posted by The Fire Eater View Post
    Lanfear or Dyald...anyone...I just ran into the same thing regarding 'how to get out of training area"? With a couple of reloads and getting inside all the bldgs. there and snatched keepers key with name (don't know where it's supposed to be used?) I have searched and cannot find anyway to let me out..darn it. So I'm here to ask "how/where" to find exit point? Thank you and hope someone comes to my rescue soon as I'll have to wait for answer before I can continue.
    spoiler:
    In one of the buildings there is a basement check that out

Specifics
    spoiler:
    there is a frobable torch (Not lit either usually a good indication to check) that opens a door on the floor above it. Theres a guard in the garden if you did not already take care of him. His name is marcus btw. The door to his room is where the key goes so you can get the key to the archives from his room.
    I haven't lost my mind,
    ICQ#1747197

Oh thank you very much...and I did get down there but saw nothing except the lamp up on ceiling and checked around barrels, etc. OKie dokie...will get back over there again and try to find unlit torch...not sure what guard your talking about but guess I'll find out soon enough and where ever this key finds the right door to put it in. I'm very happy you were here at the right time to help!
    Last edited by The Fire Eater; 22nd Feb 2007 at 02:07.

Oh dear...I need help again already

For me the guard was never in garden but in and out of kitchen. He's still patroling but I finally got the other one upstairs, just couldn't deal with them both anymore! LOL Now I'm trying to figure out what I'm seeing in room down below and I don't like it very much as it's unnerving since I have Holy water/flash mine, etc. and what I should do or not do down here to make my way around??
    A guiding push would be welcomed...Thank you for any tips to help my courage factor.
    Last edited by The Fire Eater; 22nd Feb 2007 at 04:46. Reason: Original question revised for more current status

Quote Originally Posted by The Fire Eater View Post
    For me the guard was never in garden but in and out of kitchen. He's still patroling but I finally got the other one upstairs, just couldn't deal with them both anymore! LOL Now I'm trying to figure out what I'm seeing in room down below and I don't like it very much as it's unnerving since I have Holy water/flash mine, etc. and what I should do or not do down here to make my way around??
    A guiding push would be welcomed...Thank you for any tips to help my courage factor.
    spoiler:
    Marcus room is upstairs. You should have the key now. There is another key in his room to get you into the archives.
    Once you go into the archives theres two guards talking at the bottom of the stairs in the first room(Outside the stairwell) After they talk a bit about you of course they will go into the archive itself.
    There are some traps there so watch where they walk to go in the door.

After you go through that door they will be patrolling around the area. There is another guard(I believe I ghost this part at least)
    I go in turn left jump on ledge and jump onto a book case. Use a moss arrow and jump down.

Under the door that you came in at there is a tapestry. To the right of that is a bookcase. One of the books is frobbable. Frob it you will hear a door open.

Slash the tapestry the door was behind it.

Once you get in there you will need to rope arrow across a pit.
    You will see a barrel and some bones on the floor.
    Push the barrel into the center of the room between the trap and the doorway into the next room. Now walk in and read the book.
    William will come talk to you. Another way out will open.
    There is another whole section after this if you get stuck ask here again.
    Have fun
    I haven't lost my mind,
    ICQ#1747197

Quote Originally Posted by Acolyte6 View Post
    Can I kill whatever that is roaming about in the caves?
    If you mean?
    those semi invisable Creatures?. You can kill them with a flash bomb.
    I got the one I saw

Really its that simple ? I thought they were like invulnerable.
    I haven't lost my mind,
    ICQ#1747197

The SkyGem Connection

AAAAAAGH!!!! Great!!! I finally crack the code and get in, but when I enter the room in the back the game crashes & I have to send an Error report to
    Microsoft... What's up with that??

Page 6 of 9 FirstFirst ... 23456789 LastLast