TTLG|Thief|Bioshock|System Shock|Deus Ex|Mobile
Page 7 of 9 FirstFirst ... 23456789 LastLast

Thread: Thief 2 FM: The Skygem Connection (27-12-2006)

Thelvyn

Now you REALLY have me confused. I don't think you understood my post.

spoiler:
    I originally went in kitchen via the back cave entry. On my second trip through there after completing the training tests, I took care of the one guard, the one that goes upstairs to Marcus's room area) and the other is still patrolling from kitchen to training room. I have entered the stairwell that goes down to Lower Archives and I'm currently in the open doorway looking at what appears to be non-moving charcter (I'm guessing a Zombie or maybe something else and has a life potion to pick)? I don't have any idea what tapestry or bookcase your talking about in my area. I'm playing "Hard" mode. Now what traps are you talking about...are you really saying in my current area or some other rooms further on??? I saw no guards at my entry door to go down stairwell or even inside Lower Archive room...perhaps in my game they're somewhere about already?

Please explain????? Thank you.
    Last edited by The Fire Eater; 22nd Feb 2007 at 22:27. Reason: type O

Quote Originally Posted by Acolyte6 View Post
    AAAAAAGH!!!! Great!!! I finally crack the code and get in, but when I enter the room in the back the game crashes & I have to send an Error report to
    Microsoft... What's up with that??
    That was a bug that if you looked at a certain painting, the game would crash, the newest version should have fixed that

spoiler:
    Marcus room is upstairs. You should have the key now. There is another key in his room to get you into the archives.
    Once you go into the archives theres two guards talking at the bottom of the stairs in the first room(Outside the stairwell) After they talk a bit about you of course they will go into the archive itself.
    There are some traps there so watch where they walk to go in the door.

After you go through that door they will be patrolling around the area. There is another guard(I believe I ghost this part at least)
    I go in turn left jump on ledge and jump onto a book case. Use a moss arrow and jump down.

Under the door that you came in at there is a tapestry. To the right of that is a bookcase. One of the books is frobbable. Frob it you will hear a door open.

Slash the tapestry the door was behind it.

Once you get in there you will need to rope arrow across a pit.
    You will see a barrel and some bones on the floor.
    Push the barrel into the center of the room between the trap and the doorway into the next room. Now walk in and read the book.
    William will come talk to you. Another way out will open.
    There is another whole section after this if you get stuck ask here again.
    Have fun
    I am amazed at how observant you were at seeing some of the little tricks. but you missed one,
    spoiler:
    there is a rock in the wall, just before the turn in front of the pit it is almost outside of the light press it to get across

The Fire Eater:

You are in the area that was mentioned with the conversation with two guards. it sounds like a link got broke somehow, if you saved it recently try reloading to see if that fixes it or walk past and see if you can continue.

Dyald

The only conversation about Garrett that I can recall was when I first entered game and the two guards were out in front of the Main door, when one went back inside and the other stayed outside...which I ultimately put to sleep. I have seen other messages related to not letting me get inside Archives, etc. I can't remember at the moment where my more recent HS was done but I think before entering door on Main floor to open and start down stairwell to Lower Archives. The QS may be later part the way down as I used a couple of water arrows in particular places in stairwell not knowing if I really needed to do that or not so I could recapture them with a reload should they not be wasted otherwise. So I guess I'll have to try HS and redo whatever I did after that point (which might have included using a water arrow in area of guard near front entry room, etc. I eventually BJ'd him and went inside room across to get loot on table.

spoiler:
    You still haven't explained where this tapestry is to be found...instruction said "under" door I entered...that doesn't make sense to me. And what is that character I saw that looked like one of those Mocktown characters...is it or not due to some kind of problem with the game not playing the way it was supposed to?
    Thanks a bunch!

UPDATED: 2/22 6:15 PST...I reloaded HS and that took me inside the chamber after entry from main floor...before going down stairwell. Got to the bottom and no guards at the door at the bottom...have not opened that door yet...made QS in that general area and came back to post. I guess at this point...is to see if guards are somewhere inside but if not does that my game is trashed? Was there any purpose other than harrassing me involved with them?
    Last edited by The Fire Eater; 22nd Feb 2007 at 22:22. Reason: New information added

If I'm reading your posts correctly, The Fire Eater you need to go through that door that you quicksaved at. There should be two guards in the hallway beyond that have a conversation then one goes on patrol, I think. One of them is wearing a health potion so that's probably the one you mentioned. She stands with her back to the door. You need to continue on through the door past the guards (they're not hard to deal with) and into the Archives proper. You'll find the tapestry mentioned later on, down on the lowest level if my recall of this part is right. I've only played the mission once so far.

The Fire Eater:
    spoiler:
    If your at the door at the bottom of the circular stairs that you entered via the archives door(The one you needed the archive key for) When you open that door there are two guards who will talk about you and how you have no chance of getting that far and the one guard says how come she doesnt have a sword and basically how pointless it is since your NEVER gonna get that far :P Yea right. After their conversation they will both go through the next door. Watch where they walk as there are traps there. When you enter that area you will hear garret mention that there may be traps as well. Go through that door. Your on a high walkway in the archives proper. There is another floor below this one. The tapestry is BELOW where you enter at on the floor below.
    I haven't lost my mind,
    I have it backed up on disk.
    Oops bad sectors! Damn floppys!
    ICQ#1747197

OK...here's the glich

Those two guards you all spoke of...well that part didn't really work right for me. Firstly...I mistook where I was...actually it was the Upper Archive when I entered doorway inside from stairwell.
    spoiler:
    The guard I saw, to the right side of me had a life potion. It just stood there like a statue with arms outstreched, picked the potion, attempted BJ, guard said Ouch but didn't fall, even on a second hit. So I traveled onward...spotted trapped hole in column under light and crouched through to other side (Garrett did say his piece about traps). Opened the next door, and spotted a guard to the right of me and again stood like a statue with arms outstreched holding a bow. So no guard conversations took place and guards were not active. Didn't go over.

So I went to the left and followed directions except I missed dropping down on bookcase and landed on the floor instead...LOL After a few seconds, the guard down there (whoever it was) started a patrol in the center area back and forth. Proceeded with the rest of the way to read book. I am now down in the caves...sure am glad I can frob mushies.

Now I'll try and see how long I can survive this next part... !

Quote Originally Posted by The Fire Eater View Post
    Those two guards you all spoke of...well that part didn't really work right for me. Firstly...I mistook where I was...actually it was the Upper Archive when I entered doorway inside from stairwell.
    spoiler:
    The guard I saw, to the right side of me had a life potion. It just stood there like a statue with arms outstreched, picked the potion, attempted BJ, guard said Ouch but didn't fall, even on a second hit. So I traveled onward...spotted trapped hole in column under light and crouched through to other side (Garrett did say his piece about traps). Opened the next door, and spotted a guard to the right of me and again stood like a statue with arms outstreched holding a bow. So no guard conversations took place and guards were not active. Didn't go over.

So I went to the left and followed directions except I missed dropping down on bookcase and landed on the floor instead...LOL After a few seconds, the guard down there (whoever it was) started a patrol in the center area back and forth. Proceeded with the rest of the way to read book. I am now down in the caves...sure am glad I can frob mushies.

Now I'll try and see how long I can survive this next part... !
    Sounds to me like you have either a bad download or a corrupted thief2 install for the guards to be doing that. Can you play other FM's OK ?

That really is weird. That guard behaves normally for me. Are any of the other guards standing like that or just the one?

Thoughts about the Frozen guards:

spoiler:
    In the game, I used an ai watch link on an invisable object to get the guards to wait, then I used a bounds trigger in the stairwell that would set off a destroy trap that would destroy the inv obj and get the guards moving. I did it this way so the conversation would happen just as you open that door (or as near as I could get). I would bet that somehow the trigger didn't get triggered and the invisable obj didn't get destroyed, so that would leave the guards standing there like that.

This is the very first time I've heard of this happening so I'm not sure if the bug is in my design or in the game itself, so if anyone else runs into this please let me know (I can't duplicate the the thing)

As far as playing other FM's...they work fine (all the ones I have anyway). My T2 game has always worked fine and it's been on my HDD for years.

Dyald...don't know why it didn't trigger either...maybe the way I approached the area...creeping slowly...not standing...maybe the distance or angle I frobbed the doors...who knows???

I remember a long time ago in Deus Ex, if I didn't go through a certain area in the game standing up, the trigger for that part wouldn't work. I originally went through in a crouched postion, and that trigger would fail. Perhaps it's something similar to that?? I know it isn't the same game but the circumstances might have a common denominator in some fashion? Since I don't know a tick about programming, I can't offer anything in that regard.

The rest of it, once past those areas and into the Lower Archives...everything else seems to be working. I didn't play over the weekend but intend to continue today from the cave shortly after first entering where I made my last QS. Hoping the rest plays out without further strange happenings.
    spoiler:
    After William spoke to me, I watched him for a few seconds and he started to leave but then he turned around and came back, stood near the doorway and started making various kinds of noises, perhaps as a method to let me know the location of the hole/ladder to get back up since I'm frobbing mushies and making it pretty dark should I need to return out that way?

There's something else I wondered about, when I read the note about Mother/Daughter getting lost, etc. I got no added objective to find them? Was that for the next difficulty mode and so I didn't get it included? The same thing happened when I read note about finding a Hammer when in Training Test area, it didn't trigger an objective in my log either to find it?
    Were those things supposed to happen as well? Again, I'm playing Hard mode.
    Last edited by The Fire Eater; 26th Feb 2007 at 16:46.

spoiler:
    There's something else I wondered about, when I read the note about Mother/Daughter getting lost, etc. I got no added objective to find them? Was that for the next difficulty mode and so I didn't get it included? The same thing happened when I read note about finding a Hammer when in Training Test area, it didn't trigger an objective in my log either to find it?
    Were those things supposed to happen as well? Again, I'm playing Hard mode.
    spoiler:
    Those two things do not trigger any objectives, by the time you reach the other area,(past the tunnels) you should have a new objective. but if you don't get it you can still win the game

you do not have to return to the archives

Don't know about the will thing
    Last edited by dyald; 26th Feb 2007 at 17:11. Reason: added stuff

Yes I did get those new objectives. Can't exactly remember what they said now, but I did get some. Later.

Time for some new helpers...please

spoiler:
    I ended up using my flash bomb to get past monster in cave. Then found my way accidently into tomb areas. After working my way out of that situation, I eventually found my way to spider hole, tried to use my arrows, couldn't seem to get it done well enough...so I ended up using my two froggies which did the job. I did not go down to floor as I was concerned about length of ropes..so I just continued across. I now have dollie and got objective to find her.

I have read earlier in this thread, an approximate location to look, which has now answered that question. I thought I read she got lost in a forest and was trying to find a possible area after I got up ladder to Temple area. Consequently there was none to be found, so I needed help where to look. I have been in water tunnel and found that secret. I used my gas arrow on the two patrolling guards...put out some torches near Watcher and went downstairs, opened door and didn't like what I saw. So I closed door and went back outside, save is there. I recounted this part of the scenerio to give you an idea of where and what I've done so far.

Now the questions are: I've read a couple of posts and one speaks of an alternate way into the Temple? I have no idea what that thread was trying to say where to go to push somekind of red button to open a door somewhere? She spoke of a water tunnel...is that the same tunnel where I found my way to secret area? Then wherever this other doorway is to be found, this would get me to where this crane area can be found?

When and if I can get the girl out...am I not going to have to leave out the front door anyway? If so, then I'm still going to have to deal with Bot/torches and possibly a guard I spotted near there? Or is there an easier way, such as this other alternate way inside? How is this doll thing supposed to work...if I'm holding it out, she follows...and if I put it back in my inventory...will she stop and wait, so that if necessary I could leave her and then return to continue on? Such as I might have to deal with an enemy while in transit???

If you would read through this post and guide me through these particular situations I have tried to explain what I need to know so I can proceed a little further and try to figure out how I can get through some of these next stages. Thank you!

The Fire Eater,

Just sent you a pm with detailed directions for that part, should be a cakewalk

:confused: again

Got it but I need a little more explaination about a couple of things...sorry. I'm replying to your PM so if you'd wait a bit I'd appreciate it. Thank you.

Edit: Apparently you left before seeing this message...so again I'll have to wait till you return or maybe someone else might see my post above where I am trying to find the location of the alternate way in and other questions I need further help about. I did get a pretty good idea about leading girl with doll but not which way to take her out?
    spoiler:
    I guess if I get in somewhere through water steam (re: my question about that location specifically) I have only one other way apparently (through front door and out where Watcher overlooks that area)...correct?
    Thank you again.
    Last edited by The Fire Eater; 27th Feb 2007 at 18:45. Reason: Updated message cause I still don't have answer where this darn other way in is?

check your pms again

OK..got answer to location

spoiler:
    Is my assumption about leaving through front door the only way back out with girl? If so, then I'll need to put out torches in that main area in front and take care of Bot that patrols there, etc. anyway it would seem. Maybe I should do that before going in the other way??? It would appear to be easier to do first from doorway since I can get a better shot from there...would this be a good idea first before attempting rescue and all the other things I'll still need to do before that?

This part would be helpful to determine the choices I need to make before going inside. Whew! Hope that's it for awhile! LOL

spoiler:
    Is my assumption about leaving through front door the only way back out with girl? If so, then I'll need to put out torches in that main area in front and take care of Bot that patrols there, etc. anyway it would seem. Maybe I should do that before going in the other way??? It would appear to be easier to do first from doorway since I can get a better shot from there...would this be a good idea first before attempting rescue and all the other things I'll still need to do before that?

This part would be helpful to determine the choices I need to make before going inside. Whew! Hope that's it for awhile! LOL
    I think you got the right idea,

I gotta go now so will try to check in tomorow.

I took care of guard with crate (heh, that was a sneaky trick and sure made getting rid of him easy for a change) considering all the rest of the various difficulties you put in for us poor Taffers!
    spoiler:
    However, when I went around the catwalk...I took care of the patroling guard up there first with a BJ but then was forced to put out torch in order to get guard inside room. No way otherwise due to other lights around, so stayed in hall and used an arrow. Then I got inside and into second room, etc. I thought about going up elevator but then decided I'd try to get downstairs first. So I got to the stairwell down and what do I see...???? A ghost or something I didn't understand. I thought at first it was a guard on the floor but then on closer look (zoom) the darn thing was up in midair with half a body...I didn't know if it would pose a danger to me so I went back to elevator and went upstairs.

Sure glad I did read about button and since I found two numbers, and again from reading thread I kindof knew the other two, so I cheated a bit, just so I could get on with it. I assume the switch for Watcher must be down there cause I haven't found it, but then since I've put out all those torches in that room where it is, etc. I mantled rail, shot moss arrow down near large crate, dropped down and BJ'd guard, then went down that stairwell to encounter the two guards near cells. My save is there, trying to figure out how to get timing figured for first guard...eeeeyaaah!
    I just hope I'm in the right location for the girl.
    spoiler:
    But why for heavens sake did you make her both blind and deaf? How would she logically be able to follow doll or even me (my footsteps)? That was a neat idea to use doll but rather a streach of reality, LOL

So I'm about to open game soon and see if I can finish the rest. I hope nothing more than another number on crate was of importance in that particular room I didn't go to or that note you said I'd find? C'ya later sometime or other.
    Last edited by The Fire Eater; 28th Feb 2007 at 15:45.

spoiler:

But why for heavens sake did you make her both blind and deaf? How would she logically be able to follow doll or even me (my footsteps)? That was a neat idea to use doll but rather a streach of reality, LOL
    She isn't blind and deaf as far as garrett is concerned, only as far as the editor is concerned or she would freak out every time she passed a watcher.

I still think you are still on the right track keep going, you're bout done

spoiler:
    A ghost or something I didn't understand. I thought at first it was a guard on the floor but then on closer look (zoom) the darn thing was up in midair with half a body...I didn't know if it would pose a danger to me so I went back to elevator and went upstairs.
    spoiler:
    I think that what you saw here is a crossbow guard that is behind an opening in the wall at the bottom of the stairs, you can come at it from another direction or just put an arrow in it.

Don't see how that would have been possible dyald...he was NOT on the floor but fairly high up and again only saw half a body...really.

However, I missed the timing the first time but on reload got it done, then put out torch so I could watch other guard and when around corner tossed out my one and only gas bomb...goodnight. I went down there to investigate a bit but did not open door as I had no reason to...all I wanted was the girl. So we managed to get out without incident and happily made it to the tree. The only thing there was when we both got inside and I wanted to drop it for her, I didn't get the chance as I got Mission Competed.

spoiler:
    So was that door up there near Pit where you said switch was for Watcher or was that in another area...like where the roaming Bot on the main floor kept opening a door but not really staying in that room (just in and right out again) before continuing his patrol. There was another guard that came out from a hallway near that door but have no idea where he went on his patrol? Perhaps it was a deadend hallway but I don't think so cause I didn't see him very often...a long time between views.?
    Just curious.

Thank you for all your very appreciated help and patience with me so I could play this one through. Looking forward to installation of Part 3 and/or the Un-named one. Ta and Good Hunting!

with all the weird stuff you experienced, it sure looks like there is something wrong with your copy of the fm, there is not that many bugs. as far as I know, All bugs have been fixed. and those things would have definately been pointed out by now. However if any one else finds these same things, please let me know so I can make sure they get fixed.
    Maybe that half a person is one you knocked out and is sticking through a wall? Unless you actuall make a new ai, you can't have half a person.

spoiler:
    The switch for the cameras is in the north room in the hall the bot patrols.

the game should not have ended unless you got the statues from the bedroom I'll have to download and play it again to see if I can duplicate those things. My computer fried and my old backup can't read my HD so I don't currently have access to my own fm's

I didn't say I didn't have "statues"...I did and was ticked off. What I said (or implied) when we got into the tree, I didn't get the chance to drop it (the doll) before I got the Mission Completed message. Don't know how you got anything about not completing getting the two artifacts????

Unfortunately, I can't make a screenie for you but it wasn't lying down, it was in an upright position. Nor do I think it was anyone I had KO'd...I don't believe it could have been anyone for me to have done that to in the first place, primarily since I hadn't been down there at anytime. My only KO's inside were the guards with Watcher (one being the crate drop), the two guards upstairs near room I had to enter (both were put in hallway) and then the two guards outside (near my tree area). The hallway where patroling guard was, is still patroling and as I said, I never went over that side at all (therefore missing the room with the switch as well). I really had thought you put one of those "invisable" type guards there, where I would have only seen part of it? Aha...a ghost story!

spoiler:
    Did you by chance have a guard in the room with the switch? If you did, that might explain the location of what I saw, as perhaps a clip of it thru the wall? But then again, it wasn't on the floor, or he would have had to been pretty tall?? I don't know but I did see an "apparition" like character in that landing area at the bottom of those stairs. Maybe others did see it but thought nothing of it since there were strange goings on anyway thru this story/creatures, etc.?
    Last edited by The Fire Eater; 2nd Mar 2007 at 17:36.

The Fire Eater: As I can recall, you have to drop the doll in the girls jailroom. Then she 'll follow you. I picked it up again en went to the hollow tree.

Gloria creep
    There're angels who playThief and angels who don't ........ both go to heaven ............
    Dare to join .............

Page 7 of 9 FirstFirst ... 23456789 LastLast