TTLG|Thief|Bioshock|System Shock|Deus Ex|Mobile
Page 8 of 9 FirstFirst ... 3456789 LastLast

Thread: Thief 2 FM: The Skygem Connection (27-12-2006)

Thanks Gloria but I've done all that and finished the game. Dyald and I were speaking of other things related to the game.

OK.
    Sorry to have interupted , I just picked up the last few posts and thought you were in some kind of "need".

Gloria Creep
    Last edited by Gloria Creep; 3rd Mar 2007 at 01:34.
    There're angels who playThief and angels who don't ........ both go to heaven ............
    Dare to join .............

Switch in mask room

I need a little help. In the temple at the top of the elevator, I've located the switch at the other side of wall of the mask room, but when I try to hit it with an arrow, nothing happens. I even threw a wooden bowl against it and the switch make a clicking sound, but nothing happens. How am I supposed to activate the switch? I'm assuming it'll turn off the blue light trap.

Verak,
    spoiler:
    The switch shuts off the gas to the trap. if you haven't hit the switch, then gas would come out of the front of all the pedestals when you try to cross the floor, if you heard the click, then it should be safe to cross.

Yea, I was kindof fooled a little thinking the
    spoiler:
    beams would disappear when button frobbed. I really didn't understand that it turned off gas till I just read dyald's post. After I clicked the button a couple of times, once again to make sure I had it in the correct sequence I first frobbed it to, I just went ahead and walked thru it to see what would happen. If I did the right thing or not...not die in other words. Found it was OK and proceeded the rest of the way. Personally, I felt the beams should have disappeared to let you know you had deactived them altogether. IMHO

Thanks dyald,
    I'll give that a go again.

btw, there is a readable about that in the game

Nice mission! I liked the training part a lot with the fake town and the frozen people - that reminded me of "FBI"-training in films and books.
    And those nearly invisible beasts with the heartbeat sound really spooked me. I was so glad after I figured out that there's only one in the cave - I would probably have sat glued to the spot otherwise.
    Thanks for the fun!

Completely stumped!!!!

Where is Talvanvor's bedroom???? We don find any room with masks or tiles on the floor. and no gas trap. Somebody point me in the right direction. PLEASE!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Lynx67 View Post
    Where is Talvanvor's bedroom???? We don find any room with masks or tiles on the floor. and no gas trap. Somebody point me in the right direction. PLEASE!!!
    spoiler:

In his temple office there is an elevator that will take you there IIRC.

Quote Originally Posted by Thelvyn View Post
    spoiler:

In his temple office there is an elevator that will take you there IIRC.
    spoiler:
    Look for a switch in there

I didn't want to be tooo specific
    I haven't lost my mind,
    I have it backed up on disk.
    Oops bad sectors! Damn floppys!
    ICQ#1747197

Yeah, I should have let Lynx67 ask for more first.

Well the complexity of that room...I don't think any headsup is toooo much! I had to give up on it myself and went on to the next level. Of course he can choose not to read what he doesn't want to know and that wasn't that big of a hint IMHO.

Okay, this is the THIRD time I've attempted this mission, and yet again I can't find any way to progress past the first major section. I have three locked doors, and can't find any keys at all to open any of them.

PLEASE can someone give me some hints?

A bit more detail would be nice. Have you been in the Archives yet? Can you describe where the doors are that you haven't been able to unlock are?

I think I know what he's talking about, and if I do then this should make sense
    spoiler:
    There is a door with a candle next to it. beyond that is the testing area in here is a key that unlocks the upstairs door.

That should get you going again.

I forgot to add:
    spoiler:
    lockpics work on the test area door

Thanks for replying, both. I've progressed - for whatever the reason I'd convinced myself that the door to the tests wasn't pickable, when it is.

Nightwalker, could you possibly take a look at my query with Last Caress? I'm stuck there and no-one has answered.

I just got around to playing this, and couldn't live with myself if I didn't give proper thanks and congrats for how much I enjoyed it. The shenanigans outside the window of the introductory conversation was CLASSIC! I found the "direction" provided in readables as to where to go and what to do extremely clear and concise. I happened to have the house to myself while playing (very rare) and so had the sound turned up obnoxiously loud, and the sound the
    spoiler:
    invisible tunnel beast
    made was creepy as hell! Also, the "save Sarah" objective was original, unique and VERY well done!

Excellent work, dyald! Thanks again!

Thanks, I'm glad you liked it.

Gotta say,

I LOVE FMs that start off with such a great intro vid and then have such a professional cutscene to boot!
    BRAVO!
    (What was the powerful music in the intro movie?)

But why does the lowest difficulty have a loot obj and the next two do not?

I decided what the hell, I'd take a run thru the keeper testing course, just to hone my skillz a bit ya know! And what do I get for passing testing?

A Copsicle!
    (That keeper in the background is the only one moving, besides me! No wonder they can go where they want, they can stop time!)

and just a bit farther:

Copsicle should'nt have said "Freeze"!

Up close:

Man of tweed, COMPLETELY of tweed!

Oy, how I get back now? Dammit, this "mock town" is a dead end???
    Last edited by Garrett's Shadow; 10th Dec 2009 at 22:11.

Keep in mind it's an obstacle course: those are just puppets used for training (except the Keeper). Your exit is in one of the houses (look for a frobbable torch.)

Thans P guy!

And here I was runnin around lookin for either a bloody door or a bloodier teeny tiny itsy bitsy witsy switch and there's a torch just a laughin and a laughin at my dumb arse!

Wellllll, damn, just, just damn! Grey torch on grey wall + dark gamma setting (as per mission maker's instructs) = No wonder I did'nt frikin see the bloddy torch! And the way it opens - wow! those key guys, sure know to make it invisible! oy!

Oy vey! In the tunnels, at the spider pit, "Me not tarzan, this is a pain"!
    At least, thankfully, Viktoria was busy re-decoratin the place!

O M G !!! That is freakin HILARIOUS! Karras and his date dancing to an old Doors classic!
    And that date of his, wot a babe! Karras and her make such a nice WHITE couple!!
    Karras says "Yes, I love her, she's better than erotic, she's necrotic!"
    ------------------------------------------------------------

Um, what's the one brick wall in Talanvor's room all about?

Although I loved the "save sarah" part, I did'nt like the idea of leaving her all alone out there! And was that her mother dead in the pit with the invisi beast?
    If so, damn man, these FM's keep making me wanna cry!

YOU REALLY REALLY GOTTA DO PART 2 NOW!
    I NEED to kill that gd SOAFB!
    Last edited by Garrett's Shadow; 11th Dec 2009 at 10:45.

cannot find Marcus

I cannot find marcus who has a key for a room up the stairs. The hint book says he in the training room. Is it the room with a dummy and a tiny pool of water with water arrows in it?

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by bigalexjones66 View Post
    I cannot find marcus who has a key for a room up the stairs. The hint book says he in the training room. Is it the room with a dummy and a tiny pool of water with water arrows in it?

Thanks
    Look a couple of posts earlier in this thread

Page 8 of 9 FirstFirst ... 3456789 LastLast