TTLG|Thief|Bioshock|System Shock|Deus Ex|Mobile
Page 4 of 11 FirstFirst 123456789 ... LastLast

Thread: Engage nerd frenzy: HBO does Ice and fire

My guess is king robert will a sot used as comic relief.

Lots more casting with photos at Martin's website. (Arya, Sansa, Robb, Dany, Jorah Mormont, Theon, and Jaime.)

They're starting Dany off as older so they can keep the sex in.

Interesting choices there.
    Although this made me smile:

As Daenerys Targaryen...

GRRM: when Tamzin Merchant came on screen as the fifteen year old Katherine Howard, Henry VIII's fifth wife. I sat up at once, thinking, "Hmmm..."

A lot of the choices for the females haven't visually worked for me (in terms of looking like their descriptions), but whatever, it's how good they are at acting that counts...

Lena Headey from Sarah Connor Chronicles (Cersei)? Awesomeness. That show was great even though everyone else seemed to hate it... hopefully she's not cursed so that she could do well here.

Peter Dinklage is not how I envision Tyrion. And isn't Jaime blonde?

Is there any kind of official update as to when this thing kicks off?

Jason Momoa as Khal Drogo is loltastic. Dude can't act his way out of a box.

I keep trying to tell myself I'm gonna boycott this show because I'm SO MAD at Martin, but it's all a lie and really I'm giddy like a little girl.

They've cast Sandor Clegane but not Gregor, so casting can't be THAT complete.

Quote Originally Posted by Fafhrd View Post
    Jason Momoa as Khal Drogo is loltastic. Dude can't act his way out of a box.
    Don't think the sexpot obviously cast as Drogo was ever going to be an acting heavyweight imo.

Hell, I give all of them a survival rate of ten minutes in the middle ages. I expected all the men to be more manly and less prettyboy dim but Momoa as Drogo has the swarth at least and I don't see a lot of acting required in his part. Is Rory McCann even big? From his face he appears a bit thin. Sean Bean and Peter Dinklage seem about right and Lena Headey has the evil eyes but Mark Addy and Alfie Allen are a poor fit. Kit Harington? That little boy lost as Jon Snow? A lot of shiney chrome but no steel beneath most of the actors.

Eh. They might pull it off. How are they going to end it when the books have none though? How the books should have ended perhaps?

Tocky, Jon Snow starts off as a whiny little kid.

Besides, browsing stock photos of actors isn't the fairest way to see if they'll fit the bill

Yeah. I'm not the mountain of mayhem and scar tissue I see myself as either but I expected the rougher looking sorts I pictured when I read it. As I said, they might pull it off. If they can act.

George RR Martin is at the London branch of Forbidden Planet on 11th November signing books.

Anyone else want to come with me, stand in a long queue and each take turns asking him when Dance of Dragons will be out?

Quote Originally Posted by thefonz View Post
    George RR Martin is at the London branch of Forbidden Planet on 11th November signing books.

Anyone else want to come with me, stand in a long queue and each take turns asking him when Dance of Dragons will be out?
    Can't make it, but I'll record a little clip you can put on your phone asking the lazy bastard to sit down and finish what he's started.

For a more subtle touch, make a fake copy of A Dance with Dragons and ask him to sign THAT.

Quote Originally Posted by Starrfall View Post
    For a more subtle touch, make a fake copy of A Dance with Dragons and ask him to sign THAT.
    Haha, I like that idea.

On the title page where he will sign have it say "Everybody kills everybody-the end."

I envy you a bit though I can't make it. Get drunk and insulting for me will you?

Guys, McCann is the YARP NARP man mountain in Hot Fuzz, so with a little make-up and some weight-lifting I reckon he could be a reasonable Sandor.

Greenlit!

I debated whether or not to bump this old thread but I figured we need more to talk about than killer whales and the Olympics.

Also: check out the first released photo, THEY GOT IT ALL WRONG

FUCK YEAH

Winter is coming on your tits

Winter is coming

Even for a teaser, that's utter shit - give me one single scene that I can clearly see! COME ON! That was the equivalent of starting to fondle my balls only to grab a patch of nearby hair and yank it out.

I've finally got around to reading the books, just finished the third one (or part I of it anyway) need to track down a copy of the second part. They are indeed excellent books, and I hope this TV series is well done.

I think the scene in Ghis where Danarys buys her slave-army would make a great episode.

[Edit] The hair colours of all the Lanisters are wrong, aren't they all supposed to have blond hair?[/Edit]

Martin's blog shows that he's very involved in casting, so my guess is that they'll be altering the actors to match unless he's decided he doesn't care, which would be a bit odd (especially since coloring and lineage are part of the mystery that makes up one of the first major plotlines)

ps here's a pic of future Arya with future Needle (also more here)

pps FINISH THE BOOKS YOU BASTARD

Page 4 of 11 FirstFirst 123456789 ... LastLast