TTLG|Thief|Bioshock|System Shock|Deus Ex|Mobile
Page 6 of 10 FirstFirst ... 2345678910 LastLast

Thread: The Flesheaters present: The Cabal (WIP)

This has piqued my curiosity. I just upgraded my graphics card. Time for some T3 mission! Looking forward to playing this one when its released. The screenies look great! Keep up the good work.

Quote Originally Posted by BrokenArts View Post
    This has piqued my curiosity. I just upgraded my graphics card. Time for some T3 mission! Looking forward to playing this one when its released. The screenies look great! Keep up the good work.
    As for now, The Bridge, Cabot and Valley await Flux is pretty quick builder (or a cyborg, with no need to sleep or eat ), so I'd expect another mission from him soon

Clearinghouse
    I've sent e-mail to Tiens...

She might not reply at once, I believe she'd be in hospital right now..

As far as I know, she's halfway through her work.

Clearinghouse
    Quote Originally Posted by Judith View Post
    She might not reply at once, I believe she'd be in hospital right now..
    As far as I know, she's halfway through her work.
    Tiens has answered me. Yes, she in hospital.
    She feels good!

About mission... ready only 50%.

What's wrong with Tiens? Is she OK? Why is she in a hospital?

Clearinghouse
    Quote Originally Posted by pwyll View Post
    What's wrong with Tiens? Is she OK? Why is she in a hospital?
    Tiens has done cool textures for NPC.
    Last edited by clearing; 14th Oct 2008 at 22:28.

I saw them today and I loved them. Absolute beauty. Tiens rulezzz!

Keeper of FMs
    These textures are really very nice. I can't wait to see how they look in an FM.

Any progress?

Sorry for such late response.

Speaking for myself, mission 3 is pretty much finished AI is finally responding how it should, all the keys are in place, scripts and objectives are working. Only the last location needs some more ambient sounds and/or music right now. After adding those I'll play both parts and try to break the game as much as possible I guess I should be able to do this within a week. After that I'm handing it over to testers and will wait for some feedback

That are great news!

Keeper of FMs
    Wonderful news!

Thanks Mission 3 was put on FTP for testers today, I can't wait for their positive feedback! I hope there aren't that many bugs to fix. After that the mission will be waiting until other team members finish their parts of the campaign

bikerdude
    Hi Judith

How many missions are there in this campaign and how close is it being finished

biker

Hi Biker,

There are four missions total. 1st - Tiens, 2nd - Ziemanskye, 3rd - me, 4th - Nomad. I don't know how long it's gonna take to put all the things together, but I think it's unlikely that we'll release it as one file, it would be too big. My mission alone is 390 mb (680 mb when installed! ). I guess that releasing it one by one would be the best idea. We wanted to finish this project at the end of this year (actually, a year later than we predicted ), but I can't really speak for other team members.

Clearinghouse
    My mission alone is 390 mb (680 mb when installed! ).

You're always crazy about hosting things, aren't you?

Quote Originally Posted by Beleg Cúthalion View Post
    You're always crazy about hosting things, aren't you?
    Well, hosting on my site shouldn't be a problem, I believe Flux could help here as well. I wish those .ibt files were smaller, but it looks like the textures are "baked" within them. When your mission is split into 2 zones, they're put within each file, even if you use the same set of materials for the whole mission.

When your mission is split into 2 zones
    Loading zones? Or that teleporter trick I was asking you about recently? How big is your mission compared to original DS missions?

SS

Quote Originally Posted by ShadowSneaker View Post
    Loading zones? Or that teleporter trick I was asking you about recently? How big is your mission compared to original DS missions?

SS
    No, there is a loading zone in my FM (it's split in two parts). But it's placed in such manner that it doesn't disrupt the gameplay, i.e. you won't have problems like in OM's. I'm afraid I had to do it, such map would exceed the vertex and shadowvertex limits, even if I raised them. Actually I had to raise those anyway

As it goes for stats and such things:

Part 1:
    2241 actors overall
    1319 static meshes
    313 brushes
    27 zones

Part 2:
    3075 actors overall
    1489 static meshes
    542 brushes
    92 zones

Now the size comparison (one square is 2048 unreal units):

-Part one
    http://farm4.static.flickr.com/3275/...b6d6d2fb_b.jpg

-Part two
    http://farm4.static.flickr.com/3237/...53744956_b.jpg

The biggest .unr file in the OM maps is The Cradle, maybe it's not the best comparison, but I guess we can assume this is the most expansive T3 original mission. Scale is the same - one square=2048 unreal units

-The Cradle part one:
    http://farm4.static.flickr.com/3020/...3107ecfa_b.jpg

-The Cradle part two:
    http://farm4.static.flickr.com/3289/...0140cc5c_b.jpg

Of course, size isn't everything, but I don't dare comparing gameplay in both missions, obviously Cradle wins here

[edit]

-One more thing, if you'd like to compare it to Dromed scale for some reasons:

On the first picture you can see the route Garret has to follow is about "6 squares", i.e. around 12300 unreal units long (I'm not taking diagonals into account for simplicity). If 1 Dromed foot is 16 unreal units then you get about 768 Dromed units. Is it much? I don't know, you tell me

The second picture shows that player will be able to traverse 10-12 "squares" (I'm not taking vertical movement into account to keep it all simple), so we get around 23000 unreal units -> 1437 Dromed units. As it goes for gameplay, I was able to complete it in 40 maybe 50 minutes, but I know this one a bit too well, so I guess it will take much longer for others to play - I'm still waiting for the results, actually
    Last edited by Judith; 3rd Dec 2008 at 12:12.

If you had to have a loading zone then it must be pretty huge/detailed.
    I measure my missions in 1024 ever since I saw an earlier picture of your Cabal map and that is what you had the grid size set to. I wanted to compare.
    My current mission is about 1 and a half big squares in 1024 (12x8 smaller squares) which adds up to around 4 DS OMs if you remove the loading zone, though this is not taking the height into account.

If 1 Dromed foot is 16 unreal units then you get about 768 Dromed units. Is it much?
    I wonder what some of the measurements for the T1/2 OMs are. I've been aiming for something considerably larger than DS OMs but the bigger and more detailed the mission becomes the slower it runs in the editor so adding more to it just gets tedious. I wonder how well it will fare sizewise to T1/2 missions.

'Lair' is an interesting name. I wonder whose lair it is...
    I hope the others get their missions finished soon.

SS

Quote Originally Posted by ShadowSneaker View Post
    I've been aiming for something considerably larger than DS OMs but the bigger and more detailed the mission becomes the slower it runs in the editor so adding more to it just gets tedious.
    This shouldn't be a problem, I just select everything but the section I'm working on and use "Hide selected actors". The same goes for rebuilding and testing, I use "Rebuild visible actors only" to save some time. Of course, before preparing the final package I rebuild the whole mission with all actors visible.

Oh, thanks I will try that then.
    SS

Keeper of FMs
    Well, hosting on my site shouldn't be a problem, I believe Flux could help here as well.
    I can upload them to Moghedian's site, Darklurker, as well.

Page 6 of 10 FirstFirst ... 2345678910 LastLast