TTLG|Thief|Bioshock|System Shock|Deus Ex|Mobile
Page 1 of 11 123456 ... LastLast

Thread: The Night Watch. Mission 1: Infiltration Jan. 28/07

The Night Watch. Mission 1: Infiltration Jan. 28/07

The Night Watch
    A Gold Magick Story

The Night Watch is a 90Mb Thief 2 4-mission zip. Download here...

Post in this thread for help or to comment on Mission 1: Infiltration. (See other threads for other missions in this campaign)

What?
    Night Watch is a four mission campaign. Each mission exactly follows on from the previous one as one continuous mission. It might be described as a fiction-driven magical fantasy adventure romance household heist so there should be something in there for everyone. It can mostly be ghosted but you might have to bully your way past the odd creature. The start is undercover so bring your nightwatchman's disguise.

Where?
    Takes place in an ancient retreat half built into the rock high on a mountain.

When?
    During one strange night when all the omens foretell something dreadful, else something wonderful, is about to happen. Wooooo!!!

Who?
    The evil arch-villain Lord Drakon not played by Christopher Lee but he could be. You will have one or two friends to help you ... and to be helped. And behind the scenes? Well, you will have to find out. Or not.

Why?
    To steal plenty of loot of course. That's all. If anything else happens it's not your fault is it?

How?
    The texts are choked with clues so if you get stuck then read again before asking as the odds are that the answer is in a readable. The brief story/snap briefing at the start of the readme is essential but the fuller intro and history of Gold Magick will help you better understand what's happening and help you enjoy it more.

There is no 'Normal' difficulty level, but everyone should finish it with help. You miss nothing much on any difficulty level. Hard and Expert levels have extra in-game help while Director's Cut has virtually no in-game nudges and guidance other than the story readables. If anyone (first time) finishes any or all of the missions on DC then let us know. You will be a star and can make yourself a tee-shirt.

Night Watch is relatively dark with strong contrasting light and shadow so best not played on a sunny beach. The average player should allow at least a few evenings to play through it all first time.

Enjoy!
    Last edited by Fidcal; 25th Jun 2007 at 07:48.

Someone's been busy - Four missions? Looks like I'm going to be busy shortly too! HOORAH!

Having a spot of bother...

spoiler:
    After dropping down into the small pond area, and taking the coin from the fountain, I start losing health. Going out of the gate, I'm still losing health. I even tried dropping the coin, but alas, I'm still losing valuable health. (Playing on Hard)

Am I missing something there? I'm not one for hints so early on, and I try to go without them, but when I start losing health...

It's looking like a very nice mission so far, with some nice touches. (Have you been playing UT2004?)
    spoiler:
    That sky reminds me of one of the levels, where things are falling from the sky. I was going to do the same thing in The Good Samaritan but decided against it.

PS. Is there a Blackjack somewhere later on? I'm missing it.

Sluggs Replace the token on the fountain to stop taking damage. As for equipment, you have to go find it but it doesn't include a bj. You don't need it in this mission. Try having a look around not far from the watchman's hut where you started the mission.
    Last edited by Nightwalker; 29th Jan 2007 at 00:53.

Oh right. Sneaky stuff! Thanks NW.

Edit: Woah! I just got a nice surprise when throwing the drunk over the edge!

This has some pretty neat stuff in it!
    Last edited by Sluggs; 28th Jan 2007 at 17:26.

Cool FM so far - but found a place folks might get a lil stuck....** edit, nevermind that must be the
    spoiler:
    attic area takes you to the next level after the objectives are complete I believe
    - since I gots a way to go myself still.....

OK - two places I can't seem to get into - the
    spoiler:
    East Gate (says the keys on the wall but can't see it) and the display room off the munitions room
    .....clues anyone?
    Last edited by Garrettwannabe; 28th Jan 2007 at 18:00.

GarrettWannabe:
    spoiler:
    The trapdoor in the floor of that room leads to the next mission (see notes in your inventory if on Hard or Expert and final objective)

Garrettwannabe You need Gwendoline to get into the East Gate house. Have you found her yet? You can't get the Display room key until after you're inside the gatehouse.

Ok thx - so now where do I find
    spoiler:
    this lil book? didn't find it in the garden and don't remember seeing it....

It's also in the East gatehouse.

OK - next problem - I have
    spoiler:
    no blackjack (is there one anywhere?) - so how do I carry gwen next to the guard standing at the gate over to the east gate? Is that correct? I tried that once and he obviously went after me.

I'll prob just control&alt&shift&end to the next level here pretty soon...haha

GarrettWannabe:
    spoiler:
    You need to rouse Gwen somehow - check the sick room potions. Forget the BJ for now - you can look but you can't touch! Yet!

Is there a blackjack in this game?

TafferJim:
    spoiler:
    BJ - you can see it but can't get it yet till later mission.

Well I am in
    spoiler:
    the area past the guard at the spiral staircase, thru the crawl space with all the yellow clad guards.
    Is that where I find Gwen?

Dude - put some more guards in here w/o a BJ available...lol -
    spoiler:
    it's almost impossible to get Gwen thru the garden there to the east gate.
    ....Congrats on the FM though....

TJ - she's
    spoiler:
    buried in the back part of the garden - but you see her head - so just frob her and you'll pick her up...

This mission is AWESOME!!! Thank you Fidcal!

Though stuck at the very end (I believe) of 1st mission.
    Objective "Get someone to help Gwendoline..." Whom and how should I bring?

I haven't figured out yet:
    spoiler:
    1) if any hint could be learned from Gwendoline's little book
    2) how to lay hands on trapped moaning mask in display room
    3) should I do something with cursed fountain or item in it

This far I got without any help from here
    Fidcal has made unbelievable complex puzzles though every little tiny detail somehow guides you into right direction.
    This feels great!

I got a lil confused there too. You need to
    spoiler:
    wake her up (find some medicine) - then need to get her to follow you to the east gate (something in your inventory will let you lead her). Then you'll be able to move on. Also, there's a key in the east gate room - that's behind the door - I had a heck of a time finding that one until I closed the door..haha

GW, that's done.
    spoiler:
    Gwendoline is in her bed. Found the key. Been to display room.

What I am missing to complete the "Get someone to help Gwendoline..." objective?

Under her desk is a
    spoiler:
    dusty lil book - you need to drop that book down something to get the nurse to then go to her (you don't see it happen though - it just checks off)....

GW, thanks It's somehow strange
    spoiler:
    to call a nurse you have to drop strange personal item (lil book) into laundry schaft

this does not get to me. no wonder i got stuck.
    now on to the 2nd
    4 more hours until work. haven't slept yet. maybe i should?

how are you supposed to
    spoiler:
    get rid of doggett?

spoiler:
    i read something about throwing the drunk over the edge but he isnt frobbable for me. ???? thanks!

Nice looking mission but I have no idea what to do. I have
    spoiler:
    the salts
    and have read my notes. I also have a key and have gone out the south gate and up a ladder, found some gold. I have also been up in a tower and killed a spider, found a secret.
    Whats next. Please help ! I also have a rope arrow and am trying to go up in the tower but that ladder is in the way !

OK..I got the stuff And took care of the drunk and
    spoiler:
    found the passageway under the stairs
    I guess im on my way.
    Last edited by Lightningline; 29th Jan 2007 at 00:25.

Guess I can't figure out what to do either,
    spoiler:
    I have the salts, arrows from the tower, scouting orb, been in the garden with the ring,frog,coin,key; opened the gate, tried going in the hall with the running guard didn't see anything to do, went out door with wood bar across didn't see any thing to do there, made it into the back hall of the room with the grey beasts with red eyes by following a guard, couldn't do anything there either, went up on catwalk between new tower, got builders note, nothing else to do there, where is Gwen, key to display room, etc... been to top of block with the large flag dropped down where the idiot is with the sign on butt, saw rope arrow going further down, also saw a metal grate up there with barrels on it couldn't get in, saw the gold mask behind a glass with someone in there sleeping.
    WHAT do I do NEXT please.

I'm stuck outside
    spoiler:
    the old tower. I found a coin on a small window silll, but I jumped down to an area with a large single locked door. I am unable to get back up.

Page 1 of 11 123456 ... LastLast