TTLG|Thief|Bioshock|System Shock|Deus Ex|Mobile
Page 3 of 10 FirstFirst 12345678 ... LastLast

Thread: T2 FM: The Chain Project (3/31/2007)

I'm enjoying this mission so far, BUT...

Is anyone else having framerate issues? I forgot whose section it is, but it's the part with the spinning mask. My framerate has dropped so low to the point where the level is unplayable. This is after a reboot too.

It seems to start at the part where you either take a left to go to a small Mechanist office (with a locked toolbox) or right to the grassy area with two sets of spinning masks and banners. The section after this is where you have to rope arrow up before the floor drops out and my machine is so taxed that I can't even aim.

Anyone else get this?

Quote Originally Posted by Brother Renault View Post
    Anyone else get this?
    Yeah, this kept coming up during betatesting ... a few areas have the potential to do this. They actually fixed some of it so it's better than it was before, but there was just too much going on to figure out how to stop it entirely.

The best I could ever figure out is like the readme said, saving, stopping the game and restarting. Make sure you close all other applications. Stuff like that. In my experience, it doesn't happen everytime, just sometimes (although once it starts it seems to persist). So if you play it again, sooner or later you should be able to play it without the slow-up.

Unfortunately, everytime i go swimming, i get to the end of the tunnel and...

nothing happens!

As for framerate issues, the only time it became unplayable was when i got the pagan beasts, mechanists, guards and udead all into one big melee ..... Although it solved a fair few problems, the game refused to go back to normal speed. And after 5 mins my quicksave forced a crash to desktop each time. hence i start again.

Hello,

Can someone help me get out of the area after the blue flame. The gate is open and the only way out or maybe in that I see is to jump from some rocks going up a hillside past a castle, but I can't make that last jump.

Thanxs,

Hope Vincent

Quote Originally Posted by sbweightman
    Unfortunately, everytime i go swimming, i get to the end of the tunnel and...nothing happens!
    I heard about this happening one time, it even happened to me one time now that I think about it, but I don't have any explanation. There really is a teleporter trap there, and it really should teleport Garrett.

It's a standard tool, so I don't think you could be missing anything on your end. Maybe try entering the tunnel from another angle (jump from further out)? Or from a restart; keep trying. I'm not sure, sorry. I hope it works eventually because there isn't another way out, unfortunately.

Whatever happens, please tell me if it ever works or it stays permanently broken, though, so I know what's going on and maybe have a chance to fix it for a future update.

Quote Originally Posted by Hope Vincent
    but I can't make that last jump.
    Keep jumping.
    Last edited by demagogue; 1st Apr 2007 at 15:10.

well i never got the teleporter working.

But i did manage to rope arrow up to the bridge and climb out that way. Took a few goes, but im now back in the hub area.

Does this mean ive missed any part of the level out (any important, finishing requisite part)?

No, you didn't miss anything. That's brilliant that you found a way out of there, too. I didn't think about that.

Well i finally finished the mission, and it was a lot of fun i have to admit.

spoiler:
    I didnt get where i was supposed to use the 3 eggs... i only used 2 of them in the end.

Also,
    spoiler:
    the mechanists all kept getting stuck in the Church by trying to walk through the bannister to the ramp. and i didnt either of the 2 secrets

Quote Originally Posted by sbweightman View Post
    Also,
    spoiler:
    the mechanists all kept getting stuck in the Church by trying to walk through the bannister to the ramp. and i didnt either of the 2 secrets
    One of them
    spoiler:
    is in the crypt where you enter - examine the standing crosses.

Calibrator

Just for the record, there are 4 secrets in this FM. Three of them are credited on the stats screen, the other one is more like an easter egg, but you'll know it when you get it. And there's one bonus objective.

Has anyone found all of them? (Keep it in spoilers, though).

I accidentally triggered the alchemy bonus completely randomly in the_dude's area. I can't remember what I was doing now, but I checked my objectives and suddenly it was there and ticked off for no apparent reason.

Still, glad to see most of the bugs have been ironed out! And I love that new picture of Robin Hood!

Finished! I really enjoyed this or these? fms. I really liked the eggs. Used the human egg on the mechs in the church. I also got the big children to destroy almost all the zombies, treebeast, apes. I didn't dig the lava pits too much. They were a little annoying until I figured them out. I will definitely play again.

Thanxs,

Hope Vincent

spoiler:
    Robin Hood?

Huh?

Finally found my way into the ottoj55-area. Found one important item, but other than that, i assume, there should be more, but i cant detect anything...
    Did i miss something ??? (im short almost 1000 loot)

Quote Originally Posted by The_Dude View Post
    spoiler:
    Robin Hood?

Huh?
    Check the paper on the wall near the starting point.

Frame Rate Drop-outs

If you're having trouble with frame rates after the "big fight", try not watching any of it
    I know that's a real s**t, ( I love watching them too), but it worked for me after my rate dropped to almost zero.

Hope this helps.

OMG, I thought this had died !

Good to see it finally being released.
    The Honest Thief - FMs, screenshots, DromED, links

Zaccheus' hospital blog

Quote Originally Posted by UliB View Post
    Finally found my way into the ottoj55-area. Found one important item, but other than that, i assume, there should be more, but i cant detect anything...
    Did i miss something ??? (im short almost 1000 loot)
    Otto's area has the one obvious objective item; but I forget, though, there may be more tucked away.
    But if you are short 1000 in loot, chances are you haven't been past Sly's area, where there is more than enough loot to meet the goal.

I went back to Shadowspawn's area because I didn't pick up a required object. After quicksaving I realized that I didn't have any rope arrows. Luckily I found one hidden nearby.

lead to gold objective?

Same thing happened to me as nicked -- in The_Dude's crypt area, I frobbed the parchment beside the stairs and an objective ticked off for turning lead into gold!

This is a really fun (and funny) mission! Some of the readables are a riot -- I especially loved the ones in the doom room, the guy with the burricky cough and the one learning to play drums using his rotted legbones as sticks.

Lava pits were annoying, but I felt a nice sense of accomplishment when I finally made it through!

Can't wait to see what's coming next!

For the math problem ... This is the method to solve it, not the answer itself (for those that just need a nudge).

First, for those that don't know English very well, a palindrome means the number is the same forwards and backwards, for example the number 123321, or like the word racecar.

As for the problem, there are only so many prime numbers between 11 and 97 (21 of them to be exact). Google "prime number list" and you'll find a list of them (like this) if you don't want to figure them out. Then just look at one palindrome pair after another (e.g., 1111, 1331, 1771, 1991, 2332 ... etc) and you will see the answer sooner than you might think.

As for how "x-y=y-1" works, it's simple algebra. To take one example, for 3113, x=31, y=13, and to figure it out in three steps: (1) 31 - 13 = 18; (2) 13 - 1 = 12. (3) since 18 does not equal 12, you know it's not 3113. Keep doing that for each number you get above.

Not interested in the method, just someone please give me the number! Thanks
    Last edited by Nightwalker; 27th Nov 2007 at 12:55.

Did I miss getting a breath potion somewhere? I really don't want to re-do that lava area again!

Never mind. Didn't use my noodle!
    Last edited by joanieS; 3rd Apr 2007 at 16:19. Reason: figured out answer

Not interested in the method, just someone please give me the number! Thanks
    Ok, I can't quite bring myself to spill the beans entirely, but a massive hint for the mathematically disinclined: read an algebra book, man!! This is the_dude we're talking about; he doesn't want to make your life easy!
    Last edited by demagogue; 3rd Apr 2007 at 16:06.

you don't need to know algebra or follow the formula. Knowing prime numbers and what a palindrome is will do it. I flunked algebra 100 years ago and got the number in about 2 minutes.

Escape from prison - help!

Folks,

I've successfully entered the prison area, cleaned it out, and opened the gate by the blue flame.

Beyond that area on the other side of a cave is a huge castle door and a locked door standing incongrously in the middle of the grounds on "your" side of the huge castle door; there are archers and guards inside the castle which I can't get to, and a bunch of climb-ups that lead to an area on the east side of the room on "your side" of the castle where there's an opening in the wall high up. I've done the climb-ups but I can't seem to do the final jump to where the opening is, even using my endlessly repeating speed potion. Is this where I'm supposed to go/what I'm supposed to do at this point?

Thanks!

- prjames

Page 3 of 10 FirstFirst 12345678 ... LastLast