TTLG|Thief|Bioshock|System Shock|Deus Ex|Mobile
Page 4 of 10 FirstFirst 123456789 ... LastLast
Results 76 to 100 of 231

Thread: T2 FM: The Chain Project (3/31/2007)

  1. #76
    Member
    Registered: May 2002
    Location: Texas
    You probably need to climb higher because once you're up there it shouldn't be a problem to access the castle.

  2. #77
    Moderator
    Registered: Jan 2003
    Location: NeoTokyo
    The way you describe it, I think you are exactly where you need to be. For that final jump, the idea isn't to jump on top of the platform, but to just hit the side of it so that you mantle up on it. It's a little tricky getting the angle right, but if you aim so that the side hits around the middle of the screen, you should get the mantle eventually. You don't need speed potions at all, and they can even mess you up, because you aren't trying to jump very high as you might think. Just aim to hit the edge head on, and it's not actually that big of a jump.

  3. #78
    Member
    Registered: Apr 2003
    Location: here in the USA
    Quote Originally Posted by joanieS View Post
    you don't need to know algebra or follow the formula. Knowing prime numbers and what a palindrome is will do it. I flunked algebra 100 years ago and got the number in about 2 minutes.
    Doh! That was easy. Even for a non math genius like me.
    Well done everyone, lots of fun.

  4. #79
    Member
    Registered: Apr 2001
    Quote Originally Posted by demagogue View Post
    The way you describe it, I think you are exactly where you need to be. For that final jump, the idea isn't to jump on top of the platform, but to just hit the side of it so that you mantle up on it. It's a little tricky getting the angle right, but if you aim so that the side hits around the middle of the screen, you should get the mantle eventually. You don't need speed potions at all, and they can even mess you up, because you aren't trying to jump very high as you might think. Just aim to hit the edge head on, and it's not actually that big of a jump.
    Indeed, shortly after I wrote the question above, I tried not using the speed potion and suddenly it worked for me. Thanks!

    - prjames

  5. #80
    Member
    Registered: May 2002
    In nicked's area, I have
    spoiler:
    Found a series of switches that moved walls, leading to an area with bones and a diary, but I can't find anymore switches. Where do I find the next switch?

  6. #81
    Moderator
    Registered: May 2000
    Location: Thunder Bay, On., Canada
    Just read the book.

    I had a great time playing this and I plan to go back and do it again as soon as I can. It turned out very well and I'd like to thank everyone who contributed!

    Now I REALLY need to find the other secrets as I only came up with 2.

  7. #82
    Member
    Registered: May 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by Nightwalker View Post
    Just read the book.
    I did that as soon as I left the pool. Unless the next switch is in the living guy's rotted lungs, it doesn't give any hint as to where to look.

  8. #83
    Moderator
    Registered: Jan 2003
    Location: NeoTokyo
    antialias, search the floor in front of the ledge with the bones, before you even rope arrow up there. Nightwalker was talking about the last, last area that you'll see, well, last.

  9. #84
    Member
    Registered: May 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by demagogue View Post
    antialias, search the floor in front of the ledge with the bones, before you even rope arrow up there. Nightwalker was talking about the last, last area that you'll see, well, last.
    Thank you. And thank you too, Nightwalker, you're the guardian angel of all fan missions.

  10. #85
    Member
    Registered: May 2004
    Need help getting out of torture room with pool!

    spoiler:
    OK, this is where I am so far.....I have read the book by the pool, gotten all the stuff out of the toolboxes and went as far left through two hidden wall doors that I can into a small room with a skull and some bones. The I got ONE door to open on the right side, but that is as far as I have gotten.....where is the switch that opens the SECOND door on the right side of the hallway facing away from the pool?

    Also is THAT the exit?

  11. #86
    Moderator
    Registered: Jan 2003
    Location: NeoTokyo
    Interesting coincidence, this is the same question that antialias just asked a few minutes ago, and the answer is sitting in the very post above yours: http://www.ttlg.com/forums/showthrea...05#post1574505

  12. #87
    Member
    Registered: Oct 2002
    Location: UK
    Good fun so far. Took some damage though. I've just got the ring of Vlad. Should I now return back up the way I came (think it was blocked before) or find some other route? Might have to boost my gamma or use this flare if it's underwater! I did find one route down below where that spider is but couldn't see any way up.

  13. #88
    Member
    Registered: May 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by Fidcal View Post
    Good fun so far. Took some damage though. I've just got the ring of Vlad. Should I now return back up the way I came (think it was blocked before) or find some other route? Might have to boost my gamma or use this flare if it's underwater! I did find one route down below where that spider is but couldn't see any way up.

    I know thise one (just played that level)

    spoiler:
    If you are at the bottom of the tower,you have to rope arrow up several wooden ledges until you come out to the top where there is some grass and a fence. (at the end of the fence you can squeeze through and go back down if you have forgotten something...but you will have to rope arrow back up) There should be a small cave with a book inside....simply go in and read the book and you will be teleported back over to the rooms at the beginning.


    At least, that is how I did it!

  14. #89
    Member
    Registered: May 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by demagogue View Post
    Interesting coincidence, this is the same question that antialias just asked a few minutes ago, and the answer is sitting in the very post above yours: http://www.ttlg.com/forums/showthrea...05#post1574505


    LOL! Thanks...I guess I am not the only one having trouble with that last one.

  15. #90
    Member
    Registered: Jun 2004
    Fun in a goofy disjointed way. I managed to save a human egg and a robot egg for later. 5 archers to kill, I have 6 arrows--you do the math. It was a bit tedious but it helped getting them to kill each other until there were only 2 left. Still mired in The_dude's little piece of hell but I should finish this evening.

  16. #91
    Member
    Registered: May 2004
    Need help! Again....


    spoiler:
    How in the world do you get across the room that has two doors on either side and a switch that when you flip it, sends you straight into a LAVA PIT???

  17. #92
    Member
    Registered: Mar 2006
    Location: Germany
    Look for another switch in a small niche.

  18. #93
    Member
    Registered: May 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by SinisterShadow View Post
    Look for another switch in a small niche.


    Yeah I found it, seems I did not look hard enough for it the first time, thanks!

  19. #94
    Member
    Registered: Feb 2002
    Location: Go is to the fountain.
    For all my skills in algebra and generating primes, I'm stumped on how to unlock the safe behind the painting. I've looked all over the place for a key, but no dice.

  20. #95
    Member
    Registered: May 2004
    I am stumped on:

    spoiler:
    THE EXIT?? I have done everything else and just want to get back to the starting room. I found a scroll that says the exit is where the angel asends into heaven...I am assuming it means the water tunnel when you flip the secret switch...but all that does is go between the room with the lava trap and the church....so exactly where is the exit??

  21. #96
    Moderator
    Registered: Jan 2003
    Location: NeoTokyo
    Mortal Monkey: Do you mean that you can't solve the math problem or that you haven't even opened the painting and closet to see the safe and code-machine?

    If it's the second then: http://www.ttlg.com/forums/showthrea...75#post1573075 (There's no key involved.)

    If it's the first, then you just type the answer on the code machine. The math problem is maybe easier than you think once you actually sit down and think about it.

    webe123: http://www.ttlg.com/forums/showthrea...82#post1573082

  22. #97
    Member
    Registered: Feb 2006
    Location: Syracuse, NY
    Math problems? We don need no steenking math problems!

    But seriously folks, could someone please reveal the code for us who are math-challenged?

  23. #98
    Member
    Registered: Apr 2005
    Location: Coal Country Pa.

    Help in Vlad's area?

    This is my second area to visit after
    spoiler:
    The Towers of Morax
    I have used the switch
    spoiler:
    in the west room and the switch behind the gate that it opens. What does this switch do?
    It must be obvious because I dont see it in the thread anywhere! Also,do the areas need to be done in any certain order?

  24. #99
    Member
    Registered: Feb 2002
    Location: Go is to the fountain.
    Quote Originally Posted by demagogue View Post
    Mortal Monkey: Do you mean that you can't solve the math problem or that you haven't even opened the painting and closet to see the safe and code-machine?
    Neither. I've opened both closets, entered the code "3773" which appeared to move the painting out of the way, but the safe is still quite locked.

  25. #100
    Moderator
    Registered: Jan 2003
    Location: NeoTokyo
    Garrett's Landlord: That switch just opened the entrance/exit of Vlad's area so you can get out of Dodge.

    Also,do the areas need to be done in any certain order?
    Explore as you like. The locked doors will let you know when you need to do something first.

    Mortal Monkey: Edit, like SinisterShadow says below -- you might want to check that number again.
    Last edited by demagogue; 6th Apr 2007 at 04:42.

Page 4 of 10 FirstFirst 123456789 ... LastLast

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •