TTLG|Thief|Bioshock|System Shock|Deus Ex|Mobile
Page 6 of 10 FirstFirst ... 2345678910 LastLast

Thread: T2 FM: The Chain Project (3/31/2007)

The teleport should work, but if it doesn't for some reason, you can still do this: http://www.ttlg.com/forums/showthrea...23#post1573223

Wow, still on the front page You would think I would be more interested in a FM I coordinated for over two years. (Its your turn next, no its not your turn "Slyfoxx" has it, you are fifth in line Ill let you know....... )

And to my surprise the original link that started it all is still online

Quote Originally Posted by john9818a
    Here is a small mission I threw together in about 30 minutes. It is intended for those who need something to do during the 16 seconds or so before the next FM is released.

You can download it at this link.

btw Jason please don't post this at thiefmissions unless you really want to.

Quote Originally Posted by Vlad Midnight View Post
    And to my surprise the original link that started it all is still online
    I've always been disappointed when a page or thread contains links that are no longer working, or pictures are missing, so I just left everything on my web site.

Quote Originally Posted by prjames View Post
    Yes it is an option. You jump in the water from the lower bridge, the current sweeps you downstream, and suddenly you are teleported to the "beginning" of the broken bridge. If the teleport doesn't work, that's a bug.

- prjames
    OK. I've got the BUG!!! I tried a lot, but it's só frustrating, rading such a great mission ..... and come up with nothing!!!

The bug seems familiar to the forumplayers! ???

Gloria Creep
    There're angels who playThief and angels who don't ........ both go to heaven ............
    Dare to join .............

No No

I've spend hours, really!!! to get out of the Open Bridge part!
    I got what I had to get ..... tried swimming: That's a bug, I read! but roping up isn't a solution!

THIS shouldn't happen on a mission like this!!!

NO BUGS!!! NO BUGS!!!

It's very frustrating NÓT to be able to go along .....

Gloria creep

Sorry for the second post, but I really am QrT^5%T#$#@!!! right now!
    Last edited by Gloria Creep; 10th Apr 2007 at 00:54. Reason: two posts!

I am unable to produce a bug where your at. I'm 0-10 on getting stuck. There is nothing I'm seeing that could possibly cause this. I can get myself up against the wall without teleport, but I can always continue down to the very end of the rushing river to get sent back to the top by moving to the right.

Gloria-

I had the same bug, too. I spent an hour trying to teleport and probably another hour trying to arrow up. No matter where I swam or how-I was never able to teleport.

Fortunately, my roommate (who is always better at this type of thing) was able to get to the top of the bridge. He and I both encountered that mantling straight on did nothing but push you back.

He did this: shoot rope arrow on both rails. Jump from rope 1 (closer to building where you got crystal) to rope 2 (closer to wall). Then he jumped from rope 2 to opposite rail.

I hope that made some sense.

Bug is Real, but great mission.

Sorry again about the bug, and even more sorry that I didn't provide an alternative way to get out except for the rope arrow trick. I was actually trying to speed things up for the player by letting fast currents carry him around. But I really can't explain what's causing the problem ... since a teleport is such a common thing and I did it by the book. If there's ever another version, I'll stick in a ladder for this situation (or maybe someone will figure out what's going wrong).

Don't let it ruin the rest of your experience, though. Think of it this way: it will only get better from here. By the way, the_dude left something just for you, Gloria, so hopefully it will cheer you back up.

Vlad Midnight: It REALLY IS THERE!!! Belief me

Loki2: Thanks you so much for your friends advice: It worked!!!

Still, I think: this shouldn't happen on a mission like this.
    It's great BTW!

Gloria Creep

Thanks Demagogue.... I just read your reply ...... I already posted mine .......
    I'm not mad or frustrated anymore!

A surpise for me .... ???? ..... could it be a Dewdrop dolly?!!! YES YES YES!!!????????????
    Last edited by Gloria Creep; 10th Apr 2007 at 02:45. Reason: noticing a new reply

Awesome!

So glad it worked! (Especially since we were trying to provide a screenshot that wasn't cooperating).

Have fun!

Thanks for the mission, you guys.

de ja vu lava area on Hard?

spoiler:
    I read the spoiler saying that you can shoot a rope arrow into the ceiling after jumping over to the far left side. This does not work as the ceiling will not let a rope arrow stick. I've tried this on both sides of this area and nothing works. What have I missed?
    Thanks

Was shooting the rope arrow at the vent instead of the small frame around it. DAH! Roped up
    2 doors here, one opens with note saying don't trust me. Now to get thru here...if I can.
    Last edited by coreyb2; 10th Apr 2007 at 04:05. Reason: change

By the way, the_dude left something just for you, Gloria, so hopefully it will cheer you back up.
    I did?

Originally, there was no wood on the ceiling of that area in the_Dude's bit, and there were vine arrows. But if the player picked up rope arrows first, they took precedence, so the player could get stuck! A small wooden frame was the answer! Sorry if it confuzzled anyone!

algebra problem

Okay, I have tried to get into the safe
    spoiler:
    with the xy palindrome, I used 5335;3223 and the only other numbers I see that would work for the algebra is 13 and 7, but the combo only takes 4 numbers, sooo....someone please give me the answer, either here or email.
    Thanks

tafferjim, check this posting and the two that follows:
    http://www.ttlg.com/forums/showthrea...41#post1574941

bikerdude
    Quote Originally Posted by SinisterShadow View Post
    Biker, check the objects on the desks.

hmm I thoought I thoroughly checked that area.... hmm I shall check again..

biker

Quote Originally Posted by The_Dude View Post
    I did?
    Only in a manner of speaking. You put in something. When Gloria finds it, it won't matter for what reason; she'll be happy.

I'm still wondering if anyone has found my third secret yet.

Sorry folks im blind

I have read all the posts about the lava room with the ladders. There is supposed to be a switch to the left of the door but i cant find it.........please help me.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by maloo View Post
    I have read all the posts about the lava room with the ladders. There is supposed to be a switch to the left of the door but i cant find it.........please help me.

Thanks
    Maloo: Look to the left in a small niche. Good luck from there on.

dudes area part 2

i need some help - i'm in dudes part 2 area and i'm stuck

ok i've found it
    Last edited by blow; 10th Apr 2007 at 16:02.

More info required. Stuck where?

Quote Originally Posted by maloo View Post
    I have read all the posts about the lava room with the ladders.
    That switch has to do with another lava room. The room with the ladders doesn't have any trick to it really. You just have to jump from one ladder to the next before the first one disappears.

bikerdude
    er Im trying to open the wardrobe on the r/h side, iver already opened the one on the l/h side with
    spoiler:
    the coat hook on the wall

Quote Originally Posted by Bikerdude View Post
    hmm I thoought I thoroughly checked that area.... hmm I shall check again..

biker

Biker, there is a pen holder on one of the desks that you can turn, that opens the wardrobe and the painting.

bikerdude

bloody hell like...

Jesus you have to really be sitting on of that for it to frob.....

Quote Originally Posted by SinisterShadow View Post
    Biker, there is a pen holder on one of the desks that you can turn, that opens the wardrobe and the painting.

Page 6 of 10 FirstFirst ... 2345678910 LastLast