TTLG|Thief|Bioshock|System Shock|Deus Ex|Mobile
Page 7 of 10 FirstFirst ... 2345678910 LastLast

Thread: T2 FM: The Chain Project (3/31/2007)

Hi, I'm back again
    I'm in the corridor
    spoiler:
    near the space with a frogbeast. It has a light green colour and I can't get in there. The gate in front of me is locked and my gues is the button to unlock it is in that green space. I can see some blue guards down below. I spilled my robot egg to finish off those 5 broadhead guards behind me.

How do I move on here?

Thanks for a reply. Gloria Creep
    There're angels who playThief and angels who don't ........ both go to heaven ............
    Dare to join .............

Gloria, you need to kill the frog.

Thanks Demagogue, ....again .... I thought about that, but wanted to spare my arrows

I'm in the lava area now and better stop!!!
    It's not working for me yet, so I better look up all the answers here on the forum about that item!

Man, did YOU ALL made this difficult!!!

It's such a game!!! Thanks!!!

Glroria Creep
    There're angels who playThief and angels who don't ........ both go to heaven ............

Well, I seem to be the only one having troubles here ...

OK. I'm in the area
    spoiler:
    with the lava pit where I suppose to shoot an arrow somewhere in the ceiling?!!!
    spoiler:
    I DON'T SEE ANY SPOT on the ceiling where I can use a rope arrow ..... nor do I have the time to check it out.

It's a bit annoying now. It shouldn't be this hard! I'm a pretty well trained Thief, but this one is getting on my nerves. I restarted a saved gameplace for about 30 times !!!
    ..... and all of this for such a GREAT MISSION!!!

I'm done for now.
    Please help!?

Gloria Creep

If it's where I think, there's a wood rim around a small grate in the ceiling.

secrets

i've completed the mission (great by the way) but with only 1 secret, can anybody post a list?

There are two in my second area (I think):

spoiler:
    Both are in the crypt area of the church. The first is dead easy to find. The second is a secret within a secret.

I'm at the end of the Dude's area
    spoiler:
    near the angel above the waterpart.

How do I get out of here?

BTW: The Dude: You did leave something that makes me happy ... a Dewdrop dolly!

Gloria Creep

spoiler:
    Look for something to frob.

Thank you!!! I made it!

This was SOME rollercoaster trip into Thief!!!

I didn't get all of the loot, only found 1 secret ..... but I'm glad to be alive So ... no worries.

This must be the really best "f..k..g" screwed up FM I ever played!

It was tough, but playable (sometimes ) but you're forgiven!

Everyone did his bit!
    That was very ennovating!

I missed some "obvious" items for a FM to play, like picking up stuff in further empty rooms a.s.o., but that's OK!
    This FM compensates on several levels!

Please authors of FM's: DON'T USE MATHEMATICS INTO THESE GAMES!!!! PLEASE ???!

Thank you AUTHORS for this great game, but also thank you TAFFERS for helping me out!
    I wouldn't have finished this one without you !

Gloria Creep
    Last edited by Gloria Creep; 12th Apr 2007 at 21:51.

Far too sluggish, unplayable

Anyone else having this problem? John Denison's area to start with has nearly zero framerate going for me...can anyone send me a copy of the game that's saved past that, just so I can get started with the rest of it? Thanks!

Just past the first room, that is...

Quote Originally Posted by crowemagnon View Post
    Anyone else having this problem? John Denison's area to start with has nearly zero framerate going for me...can anyone send me a copy of the game that's saved past that, just so I can get started with the rest of it? Thanks!

I had a simular problem a bit later. Didn't know what to do. Don't expect me to give you a technical answer here, because I don't know about this.

What I did was: clean up my computer with the Clean disk programm and I than rebooted my computer. It was allright then, but I must admitt I also had some troubles with this during the whole playing time. I'm not really sure why.
    So try this ... it might help!

If not: Tell me how to copy my save and send it to you. I'll do that! You shouldn't miss this one ...

Success, Gloria Creep.

Quote Originally Posted by crowemagnon View Post

That's really strange because there is nothing unusual in there. If your framerate is slow in a nothing room then it will probably continue elsewhere.

Got past that first room...

Really odd, tho, that it (and the area just beyond that) is very sluggish, yet a giant and highly detailed FM like The Power of Suggestion runs perfectly fine. Could be custom graphics existing elsewhere in the Chain FM, which I think I read is true...I remember some customized fountains or some such object(s) running slow for me as I "pass my eyes" over them in another FM or two.

I also just freed up a bunch of previously used space on my computer, and should probably defrag A.S.A.P. as Gloria C. suggested... afterward, onwards and upwards! It did run a little better after a fresh re-boot, as it turns out.

as long as this thread is up...

Man, this FM has so many inexplicable this's and that's; it's part of its weird charm. Whenever it mysteriously slowed down for me, I rebooted and it usually helped, so I guess that's the best advice to start with, and maybe shut down any nonessential stuff from the task manager (cntl-alt-delete).

As long as this thread is up, I looked back through this thread and noticed that there were enough hints that should be good enough to find all 5 secrets/bonus/easter egg stuff (well, at least now after a little ninja editing, and only the ones I know about ... there could be even more hidden things for all I know), but I don't think anyone has claimed finding all of them yet. I'll give an icecream cake to the first person that can post the location for all of them (in spoilers, of course).
    Last edited by demagogue; 16th Apr 2007 at 00:29.

Quote Originally Posted by john9818a View Post
    That's really strange because there is nothing unusual in there. If your framerate is slow in a nothing room then it will probably continue elsewhere.
    I get awful slowdown in that first room. I think it's because the mission has just started. If you run around avoiding the gaurd for a few seconds, the framerate tends to pick up a bit. It gets back to normal after the guard is dead. The only other place I had slowdown is where you're chucking spider eggs/human eggs/robot eggs about, and that's the point where it tends to not regain speed again afterwards.

So... who's up for chain project 2 yet?

This FM was great fun. What a ride, nice of all you authors to put in the time. I had a ball, playing cat and mouse with the mech beasts, tree Ents, Hammerhaunts, zombies, all whaling on each other. Massive fight scene, hehe. It was such a kick to see the tree ents fight the mech beasts. The top were the haunts just kicking the crap out of a mech beast, and watching it explode apart! What a ride.

Loved going into each area, exploring, figuring things out, so many good things with this FM it's just full of taffin goodness with every turn, too many to name. Thanks so much guys for all your hard work!
    Definitely worth a replay.

Lave trap

Who the hell decided to put a timed sequence in a thief game and such a short one at that. When climbing the ladder there is not enough time to turn around and jump to the other ladder!!! How about somebody giving me a save right after the ladder climb.

Me. There is enough time but it is tricky, I will grant you that.

I only found it to be a problem with slowdown, then it was impossible.

If it wasn't for the slowdown this FM would have been enjoyable but it was really starting to become a chore. I agree with the above sentiments that the slowdown meant difficult maneuvers were made extremely difficult.

Out of interest why is this FM so slooow?

The problem is tracking the problem down. Each person worked independently, so future people working on it really don't have any good idea about what's going on in that area, especially when they are very complex as a lot of areas are (and any little, buried piece of the complicated puzzle could be contributing). So when a problem comes up, you're not sure where to start looking as you might be if you built everything yourself. The slow down was actually worse before some things were found buried in other people's parts that were fixed (by Vlad, I'm sure; he was usually the super-fix it guy for these kinds of problems) that made it better.

The other issue is that the slow down may be a holistic problem, so it's not any one area per se but elements coming together from multiple people's areas, which is all sorts of a bag of worms that's hard to deal with.

Actually, though (to put things in perspective), at some points this FM had so many mission breaking problems that it was wondered if it could make it out in one piece at all. It's sort of a miracle that it did and slowing down is about the only issue left. Again, Vlad deserves a big pat on the back for sticking to it and doing the lion's share.
    Last edited by demagogue; 24th Apr 2007 at 17:33.

Um, I'm getting some lag here guys...

Seriously though, I didn't have any real slowdown problems in this FM. It was good stuff.

Only serious lag issue I had was when I threw the spider egg into where the archers were. Great fun, lagged like hell, didn't care! I soon found out I had to reload anyway, since that was not the correct combo. When throwing the egg *elsewhere* if you will, no lag, or very little. I had no lag issues after that. It was indeed a blast.

since that was not the correct combo.
    I don't think there is a correct combo really. I've used different eggs in different places. Well there's only two options actually.

Quote Originally Posted by The_Dude View Post
    I don't think there is a correct combo really. I've used different eggs in different places. Well there's only two options actually.
    Interesting you say that. When I did it the first time, and you are suppose to
    spoiler:
    *take care of the frog*
    if you will. He wasn't there. I could hear him, but, not see him. I even tried to get up in that little passage way, too small to get in. I did everything I could, no frog. So, reloaded, switched eggs, like I mentioned before. Used the mech beast egg the first time, went into the other area, I had a frog this time. So, I assumed I didn't have the right sequence of events in order. Strange? Was it supposed to play out like that? Who knows.

Page 7 of 10 FirstFirst ... 2345678910 LastLast