TTLG|Thief|Bioshock|System Shock|Deus Ex|Mobile
Page 8 of 10 FirstFirst ... 345678910 LastLast

Thread: T2 FM: The Chain Project (3/31/2007)

OttoJ55's Hammer (and other stuff)

I haven't seen my particular problem in this thread yet, so the solution is probably dopey simple.

I've managed to get back to the beginning after completing all the missions (I thought). The last one was Guardian Angel room. That brought me to the central hub? of this fm. But I haven't gotten the Hammer of OttoJ55. So I thouht I'd just retrace my steps. But I can't for some missions. For example, I can no longer access the prison mission. Also the mission with the lava drop is no longer accessable because the lower ladder had dropped off. So I need to know where/how to get to OttoJ55's hammer from the central hub.

While I'm at it, in the broken ladder mission
    spoiler:
    there is an article of loot standing beside a glowing mushroom way high above the bridge, above the tree hiding a secret niche. How does one get up there ???

Clock,

Go to the area with all the undead from the 'central hub', you know the area with seperate areas for mechanists, treebeasts and undead. From the entrance of the undead area go right and then you need to follow the instructions on the plaque to open the doors to get the hammer. I can't remember where the knife is though.

Clock, you can still get into Otto's area. It's inside of Flecha's area, the door next to the prison door. Take the right path coming from the central hub area, where the two archers were and zombies, haunts, etc, are. It's behind the right-hand-side portcullis (this really isn't a spoiler since everyone should know how to at least get to all of the areas).

Also, you found my final secret \/ (it's not in the_dude's broken ladder area, though, it's in my broken bridge area) although you still need to get it!

Hint 1: I will tell you this: It is possible to get that loot, and it is *not* a hidden way to get there. It's a clearly visible path to get there, once you see it anyway.

Hint 2: Think about any way you can get on a path to the loot and every where your path goes and see where they could possibly "connect", no matter how crazy it seems at first, and go for it.

Hint 3: See where the bridge gets closest to the cliff wall? Doesn't that slope look just gradual enough to climb up?
    Last edited by demagogue; 24th Apr 2007 at 21:36.

Quote Originally Posted by shadows View Post
    Clock,

Go to the area with all the undead from the 'central hub', you know the area with seperate areas for mechanists, treebeasts and undead. From the entrance of the undead area go right and then you need to follow the instructions on the plaque to open the doors to get the hammer. I can't remember where the knife is though.
    spoiler:
    Thanks...I had forgotten all about that area to the right in the undead section. Fortunately, I already have the knife in my inventory. Was one of the secrets in this crypt?

Thanks for the hints Demagogue.
    spoiler:
    I missed the contact with the cliff face because I always used the lower "rail" of the broken bridge (less distance to fall).

btw,
    spoiler:
    the chunk of lead I didn't pick up until AFTER I got the Bonus Objective of turning lead into gold. Technically, I guess that might be a bug. I don't remember what I did to trigger that objective.

Quote Originally Posted by Clock View Post
    spoiler:
    Was one of the secrets in this crypt?
    I didn't find any...

For the record (in case someone has this question) the object you guys are talking about, the knife, is (or in this case was) picked up at the end of nicked's area, the one where you fall into the pool.

Oh, and for everyone that noticed my bonus objective spontaneously-triggering, yeah, I guess it's a bug ... oops, sorry. I'll see if I can't track down the problem there to have a fix for the record.
    Last edited by demagogue; 25th Apr 2007 at 02:08.

No need to apologize Demagogue. It was more of a curiousity than a complaint. When I noticed it in my objectives as checked off, I just shrugged and continued on. It was at the end of the mission, when I was tying up loose ends that I came across
    spoiler:
    the chunk of lead at the end of the broken bridge nestled beside the water tube
    Then all became clear.

btw
    Thanks for not making the broken bridge a swing bridge, and double thanks for not making it windy.

Quote Originally Posted by Clock View Post
    btw
    Thanks for not making the broken bridge a swing bridge, and double thanks for not making it windy.
    Amen to that...

Ok, a wee bit frustrated here...
    spoiler:
    In the endless - or so it seems- lava pit area - I'm next to the one across from the white room with the crown in it. I cant seem to figure it out. I have a rope arrow stuck in the wooden part of ceiling grate, but I can't jump to it because the rope is not long enough. Also, I seem to hit my head on the light bulb in the doorway so I keep getting knocked into the lava pit... how do I get out of this area?

Thank you!

Well, there are windy sounds there, anyway.

@Ethne,

Like the other areas, there is a gimmick with this room, which is hinted at by the "Do you trust me?" scroll just before it. In this case, you're going to have to trust him! There is actually an invisible platform above the lava you can walk on that disappears after a few seconds.

You're going to have to actually very quickly walk out onto the invisible platform, shoot off the rope arrow, and jump onto the rope from the invisible platform before it "disappears", or ... whatever it does.
    Last edited by demagogue; 26th May 2007 at 18:43.

Fantastic FM chaps !

Really enjoyed getting
    spoiler:
    a good row going between haunts, iron beasts, mechs apes and tree beasts !

And thank god for the
    spoiler:
    speed potions.

Really big, well constructed map with a great blend of puzzles, sneaking, fighting and general mayhem. More please

I haven't actually played this yet! I've only seen a bit of it!

There was talk about having a Chain Project 2.

I suppose if we get a good queue of people ready to build for it going then it can be put into motion.

But most importantly, there has to be an administrator that will be the hub to keep the process moving along, keep each release bug free, etc. Vlad was the main guy for this one. He might be up for #2? I would be involved if I weren't so busy right now.

I suppose first is the question if people are interested in contributing to another edition?

What do i do now...

I just found the 3 eggs, but not sure what to do now.......i see a switch in the cage....shot a arrow at it but, nothing happened.....i don't see any other what out....can't get through the windows, where all the archers are....can anyone help.....marker98

This is a special puzzle.
    You should first save the game.
    You need to use one egg to kill whoever is behind the window.
    Just toss it through the window.
    When they all die, the cage will open and you can push the button to advance.
    The puzzle is, there are three windows (two more after this one), so you need to choose wisely with the three eggs, because one egg matches just one window.
    That's why you should save now, in case you make a mistake.
    I'll let you figure out which egg to use on your own; just reload and keep experimenting if one doesn't work.

I'm replaying this great mission again, but now I'm stuck. I'm in the lava part of the mission where I have to solve puzzles to NOT fall into the lava.
    Right now I'm on a platform with to doors right and left next to me and a lever in the middle.
    While falling down into the lava pit several times, I noticed a button on the right wall. I suppose I have to push the button, but I'm falling way to fast to push it in time.

Help me please?

Gloria Creep
    There're angels who playThief and angels who don't ........ both go to heaven ............
    Dare to join .............

@Gloria.

hint: There is one more lever you're not seeing.

spoiler: Walk in. DON'T pull the middle lever. Turn around and look back towards the entrance. There's another lever on the right side.

Thanks Demagogue, it helped. I just finished.
    WHAT A JOYRIDE
    I forgot about a lot of stuff, so it felt kind of like a new FM.

Gloria Creep
    There're angels who playThief and angels who don't ........ both go to heaven ............
    Dare to join .............

The Boss

What an incredible mission, really enjoying every bit of it, it's really a wonderful combo this one, great great work!!!!
    Besides thanking you guys for this great job, I'd also appreciated a (major) tip on how to destry the Boss, he always spots me........

Edited to say I found a way.........
    Now stuck in angel's room....

edited again...... can some good soul pm me the code that opens the safe? (already moved the picture

One more thing, I really had a good laugh at the knitting Mona Lisa and Miss Piggy
    That was a funny touch!
    Last edited by maga; 1st Jan 2009 at 15:35.

While Im here theres discussion about a possible Chain Project 2 in The Editors Guild.

Thanks a bunch, Vlad!
    Now my question is: I got 1700 and something, have to reach 2000, so I should find some more bucks before going back.......
    I opened a passage down in the pool room, there is an item on a pedestal, and another small switch at one of the corners. Every time I grab the loot, a number of mages appears and I'm done.......

Southquarter links to wrong mission.

After clicking on the "Chain Project" link in the first post, if you choose Southquarter for your download, you will get "Iron Butterfly" instead of "The Chain Project."

WOW, finished, what an outstanding mission, lots of fun!!!!!

Hi, I am inside two adjacent towers. I'm not able to find key to door on the top of the second tower. Help please !

I believe one of the pirate zombie downstairs is wearing the key.

Page 8 of 10 FirstFirst ... 345678910 LastLast