TTLG|Thief|Bioshock|System Shock|Deus Ex|Mobile
Page 9 of 10 FirstFirst ... 45678910 LastLast

Thread: T2 FM: The Chain Project (3/31/2007)

No, I should use lockpicks...

NewDark 64³ Contest Winner
    This might be pretty random,
    but I didn't read in this thread where this was ever actually discovered.

For the Gold-Lead bonus objective:

if you bring the piece of lead back to the sleeping mage's room, you can frob the steaming frying pan with the lead and make a gold nugget appear in its place.

I think that was how the bonus objective was really meant to be triggered.

This mission was actually pretty wild, almost surreal in places. It'd be cool to see another one of its kind.

stuck in water under broken bridge

Hi there

I am having a problem after getting the crystal the one in a window under the broken bridge in the Demagogue area when we jump back in the water i get stuck the current is to strong for me to do anything. it keeps pushing up against a wall.

Please help

It's supposed to teleport you to the entry cave as soon as you reach that tunnel at the end of the water current, but for some reason on some systems the teleport fails. I don't know why; it's odd and never happened in beta testing.

Aaaanyway ... The way we worked out how you can get out is to use a rope arrow you got from Shadowspawn's area on the lower bridge up to the upper bridge, mantle up, and you can get out.

Hope you're having fun with it. Took a lot of work to get this in a releasable state, but we did it!
    Last edited by demagogue; 31st Mar 2011 at 16:42.

d. Dec 2017
    What fun to replay this again after several years.
    I'm in the area of spinning faces to open doors. After going through a door and seeing a lever directly across from me that opens a lave pit, which I didn't open. I managed to open the door on my left; returning through this door I must lean around to highlight a lever in a niche to my right. Problem is, it will not highlight so I can't frob it. I can see a button below and across from me, but does me no good to hit it.
    Confused yet?; me too!

Never mind..I couldn't see the ladder.....
    Last edited by Dawggon; 31st Mar 2011 at 22:50.

Quote Originally Posted by bigalexjones66 View Post
    Hi there

I am having a problem after getting the crystal the one in a window under the broken bridge in the Demagogue area when we jump back in the water i get stuck the current is to strong for me to do anything. it keeps pushing up against a wall.

Please help

Thank you the problem is only with thief 2 1.07 it works after patching to 1.18

Trying to play the FM and I'm having fun, but I'm experiencing some technical (and unusual) problems.

Firstly, I get cumulative lag. After about half an hour the game becomes unplayable. Restarting fixes it, but leads to the second problem. Several save files becomes corrupted and cause a CTD when I try to load them. One or two saves are good, but it sucks to have to go back and redo it all.

The other problem is very strange. When I was getting the circle of Vlad, I shot a rope arrow to climb back up the tower. Instead of a rope arrow, the image in my bow was a expanding glob of red dots, as if I had been hit from the side. When I fired the "arrow", there was no rope, but a constant dripping of blood. I couldn't climb it, so it's not just a graphics thing. Another time I shot an arrow and it turned into a skull when it landed.

So: What the hell?

Quote Originally Posted by Peanuckle View Post
    So: What the hell?
    Sounds like you need an Exorcist for your Thief-installation instead of technical advice.

Sorry, I never heard about such weird problems.
    What you describe is not part of this mission (like shooting skulls, odd arrows, ...)
    Maybe a cleanup of your Thief-installation might help.
    Last edited by gnartsch; 23rd Apr 2011 at 18:29.

We knew about the slow downs. The mission was cobbled together by dozens of people with messy seams and overlaps, and it was a marathon just to get it running without rendering errors, to say nothing of getting it anywhere approaching optimized. (Even if I could see things that could be optimized, could I change another author's work? If so, how far is too far? I felt bad changing stuff that was necessary.) So I took it as sort of the nature of the beast.

As for the spinning red blood globules and skull thing, that's a known bug that has a definite fix, but I can't recall it now. But I know it's in these forums if you do a search because it's come up a lot. It's not a problem specific to this FM but a more general thing, like a hanging bug from Thief 2 or a script or something.

I replayed this mission. It´s wacky but lots of fun. I especially like the 'gang wars' you can arrange.

Two questions:

* Is there a key to the locked toolbox in The_Dude's first area? (cozy room with a single Mechanist and a Mona Lisa painting in the metal/lava part)

* Where is the rest of the loot? I have read this entire thread. I have all the secrets (The_Dude was sneaky when he put a switch to another secret within a secret area!) and loot pieces that are mentioned in the thread, but I still have only 4201/4773. WTF? Is there a large stash or some mighty valuable piece I could have missed?

Quote Originally Posted by jiansonz View Post

* Is there a key to the locked toolbox in The_Dude's first area? (cozy room with a single Mechanist and a Mona Lisa painting in the metal/lava part)

I'd also like to have the answer for this......found it!
    Last edited by maga; 23rd Aug 2012 at 14:33. Reason: solved

BANNED
    Heck, after reading this thread, I have a strong urge to replay this mission.
    Original download link is broken, it seems... I'll try googling for it.

Desperately Dodgy Moderator
    It's at Thiefmissions here: http://thiefmissions.com/m/ChainProject

BANNED
    Quote Originally Posted by Yandros View Post
    It's at Thiefmissions here: http://thiefmissions.com/m/ChainProject
    Thanksies, so very much.

I remember all the work me and Vlad had to go to to even get this to run! I might have put more work into it than my actual own FM fixing up all the loose ends and making a playable FM out of it. One of the most chaotic & least optimized FMs ever haha. But that's its beauty.

Thanx!!

I just replayed this and I have to say that it was as much fun this time as it was back then!!!

Thanks to all the authors again for this gem!!

I really enjoyed replaying it a bunch!!!!

I am in the area from The_Dude .... after the tricky switch at your left side and now I am in a mechanist office/bedroom with a toolbox ..... but I have no key for that ... so can anyone tell me where I can get it ???

Look under left side of bed

Quote Originally Posted by john9818a View Post
    I've always been disappointed when a page or thread contains links that are no longer working, or pictures are missing, so I just left everything on my web site.
    As I read this I realize my link is bad!

just replayed mission and enjoyed it,but what is the statues on part 2? i see a couple post on editing about it,but wondering if was still going to be made

Desperately Dodgy Moderator
    Chain Project 2 is dead. I don't think it ever got that far along.

kinda stuck myself.... in the alchemists room. is there something I'm supposed to do???

^later in missionyou find a piece of coal go back there and place it in smoking dish

I am stuck....In the cathdral....I read someplace that if you want to exit from there ...."go to an angel ascending?" I do not understand what that means? Can anyone tell me what I am supposed to do here? ALSO....where is the piece of coal you are supposed to use on the dish in the alchemists room? I have not found that yet???? (Playing on easiest setting)
    Last edited by meyou123; 20th Dec 2017 at 18:07.

Page 9 of 10 FirstFirst ... 45678910 LastLast