TTLG|Thief|Bioshock|System Shock|Deus Ex|Mobile
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Fan Mission Updated Apr/07: Mysterious Invitation V2

Ghost
    SinisterShadow, thanks; I got inside and finally managed to check off a couple of objectives (why I was captured and where they're meeting).

I now have Nestor's Key, but I have no idea what to do with it. I searched on the thread for the previous version, but nothing came up. I was hoping it would open the security office on the third floor; but actually, I don't think there is anything behind the watchers but eye candy (I took the invisibility potion just to check and see what there was; I only looked in one).

I tell ya, there are not many clues in this mission as to what to do next...!

Dafydd

You've probably missed another key in the Captain's Office or in his bedroom. And it's not only eye candy in the area on the top floor. IIRC Nestor's key just unlocks the door to the bedroom he is standing in.
    spoiler:
    Also, you should go and visit some places you've already searched before, because some things might have changed in there.

Ghost
    SinisterShadow, I rechecked the Captain's office and bedroom and every other room in the mansion, from basement to third floor. I don't see anything different. Can you be a little less discreet and more specific?

The keys I have are: the cells key, the prison key, Büro Hauptmann (the Captain's key), the window key, Nestor's key, Cripplewood's key, and the Sleeping/Study Room key. Where should I go look for another key? And what would I use it on, seeing as all the doors I've found except one (third floor, all the way at the end) are either opened or unopenable in the game?

I'm just wandering in circles, totally stumped as to what to do next.

Dafydd

Key locations for the camera control room (3rd floor) for the different difficulty levels:
    spoiler:
    Easy: on top of the Captain's desk in his bedroom
    Hard: on top of the bookshelf in the Captain's office
    Expert: below the stairs from the Captain's office to his bedroom

There is a bonus objective if you leave one or two of the readables about this guy in the basement at a certain location.

When you've completed everything in the mansion, there still is this chasm you came across after escaping from your prison cell. There is another passageway across the broken bridge. Check your inventory. If you've got some rope arrows, head for this passageway.

Ghost
    Can't find my asset with both hands.

spoiler:
    In the previous version, it was atop the bookshelf in the second-floor room, across the hall from the Captain's room, with the white door leading to the balcony; but I roped up there and cannot find it at all in this version.

Has it moved? Where is it now (on Expert)? It's the only thing I have left to do before returning across that bridge thingie and taking another route.

Thanks,

Dafydd

Ghost
    I also checked all the rooms around there. Didn't anyone find the "Asset?" (I don't even remember what it was from last version.)

Dafydd

The asset is on the third floor. It's a heart shaped casket located behind a portcullis. You'll have to find a way to open it first.

Hint: search the room for a hidden switch.

Spoiler: look close to the floor behind the collumns.

Captain's Room: 2 keys? (Expert)

I only found one key in the Captain's Office
    spoiler:
    underneath the stairs on the floor

Is there a second one?
    spoiler:
    I found one key upstairs in his bedroom

Problematic missions are ones where you have to return to rooms that you already scoured because items only appear there after you did something or read something. This makes sequencing important. If you go through the mission in the wrong order, it gets very confusing. This is my first attempt at this mission and I really should have played it on an easier level first. To basically have to ghost it makes it hard to learn the lay of the land.

Another Question

Is there a way into the armory on the first floor? I suspect that is where I will find a rope arrow, apparently needed for later on.

Nope, the armory is not accessible throughout the mission. IIRC you'll find rope arrows in the explorer's bedroom next to Nestor's one.

Ghost
    Thanks, SinisterShadow; I finished the mission. I kind of thought that was the "asset" the first time I saw it; but I wasn't sure... and since I didn't find a way to get at it right off, I wandered away to do something else in the mansion.

Is there an English translation for the sequel mission, Ultima Ratio, yet?

Dafydd

Thanks for the rope arrow info, but what about my previous question regards the 2nd? key in the Captain's room.

Ghost
    Clock, I think there are only two keys in the Captain's rooms, period -- not two specifically in his office, as opposed to his bedroom. At least, that's what I remember...

Dafydd

ahhhh....ok. I misinterpreted. Thanks.
    spoiler:
    I found the one key downstairs and another one upstairs.

Here's another question......which one is Lord Duncan? If I have to kill him, I need to find him.

Lord Duncan isn't at home at the moment. Maybe you can find him in the sequel "Ultima Ratio"...

This mission objective will be disabled at a certain point in the mission.

Oh, ok.
    Just on a hunch, I went to the end of the mssion to see what would happen and all the objectives ticked off except the first one, which was supposed to happen.

Also, after playing the mission for a while, I noticed that it didn't fail when someone noticed me. So I was able to run around all over the place, letting guards chase me and not have to worry about mission failure. Good thing too, because I don't see how I could have gotten into Guest Room #2 without being spotted.

Lastly, I seem to be missing significant loot. My total before using the rope arrow to leap over the broken bridge was 2505. I know there was some underwater nuggets on the way to the end, but it still left me less than all the loot. Was there something in the maze??

Looks like you ran into a bug.

No, nothing in the maze, but on several different (well hidden) locations. One gem is placed onto one of the beams across the chasm for example.

I made a loot list while beta testing this one. I can send it to you, if you like. It's in German though.

Thanks but I'll wait until an english version is made available. I did miss that gem you referred to. Close enough for me to consider mission accomplished. I'll tackle the sequel now.

Hey, It was a really neat FM and also very good looking. I am a little disappointed though that I only had 2330 loot. So, really good hidden as well!! =) But at least I finished it without any help... :P

What's that asset you are talking about? Is it an expert objective. I went there to pick it up, but couldn't frob it.

Sinister, I'd be happy if you could sent the list to me instead. I understand german fairly good, since I live there...

I just sent you a pm, STiFU.

Silly question..............

...............No Blackjack in this fm??????

I believe the blackjack is
    spoiler:
    in the corner of the guards room after you get out of the cell.
    It may change on higer difficulty settings.

Sting

Stingm,
    you saved my life................

Location of blackjack on Expert

On Expert, I can't see the blackjack anywhere in the guard's room near Garrett's cell. Where is it on Expert please?

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast