TTLG|Thief|Bioshock|System Shock|Deus Ex|Mobile
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Fan Mission Updated Apr/07: Mysterious Invitation V2

Quote Originally Posted by Marbrien View Post
    On Expert, I can't see the blackjack anywhere in the guard's room near Garrett's cell. Where is it on Expert please?
    there is no blackjack on expert

Exactly, you'll have to ghost the mission on expert.

On Normal...

I'm playing on Normal. I seem to have been everywhere in the mansion except Guestroom 1, which I cannot access via its door or window. I've seen talk of Nester's key, but haven't found it. How do I get in there?

There is also talk in this thread of a topmost floor in the mansion, I haven't found any floor higher than the one which has the guestrooms on it. Have I missed something?

Make sure, you are infact playing version 2.0 of the mission. If this is the case, head for the balkony, where the frogbeast is/was jumping around. There is a circular staircase nearby that goes further up to the 3rd floor.

Yes - my problem was that I had downloaded v1.1 by mistake. I have now been to the top floor, been in Guestroom 1, and apparently fulfilled all objectives except the one about leaving, including the optional objective about Osgood. But I'm stll only on 2470 loot. There are references in this thread to revisiting certain places, because things might have changed. What else is there to do apart from go back to the chasm?

I remember playing this ages ago, nice to see it's been updated! Is there a sequel to this mission? I want to know if our intrepid Garrett gets away or not!

Ultima Ratio is the sequel to Mysterious Invitation.

I've just spent two hours replaying this mission and I had this thing happen to me:

spoiler:
    I blackjacked the person with Cripplewood's key and liftet him up and wanted to take him into the room and he vanished! I swear I had him on my shoulder and off he went. Did anyone else have this happen?
    It's so easy, but I can't do it.
    So risky - but I gotta chance it.
    It's so funny, there's nothing to laugh about

Why is it I can BJ some AIs without failing the mission, but not others? For example, whacking
    spoiler:
    the sleeper in the barrack room on the ground floor or the guy standing at a desk in the other wing
    always fails you.

Hey frobbin hood, you've got the best user name I've seen in a long time! Good one!!

most kind

Hi,

Stuck in this mission playing on Hard. I've BJ'd everyone so have the run of the place. but I don't know what to do next...
    I can't get in
    spoiler:
    the 3rd guest room. I've been in the one with the frobbable window, got the key from the Hammer guy, (key shows 'Masterminds Schlussel')and found the secret door into the next room.

I have the
    spoiler:
    Sleeping Room key, but I can't find another key in the Captains rooms - I've read all of this thread but doesn't help.Got all objectives apart from finding out where Cripplewood has gone. the other keys I have are Office Key and Cell Key - I didn't bother with the red prison one - I got out of the window.

Anyone tell me what to do next please ?

Oooops! just realised I was playing v1. Now downloaded v2 and started again.....
    Last edited by frobbin hood; 6th Nov 2007 at 19:36. Reason: Discovered error.......

SirFreddieM..

Yes, I had a similar problem. I BJ'd him, took his key and left him on the floor.
    When I came back he was gone !

HALP xD

Im stuck... I got into the office and stuff and I got thrown into jail.
    I have no lockpicks or anything...
    I've stolen the key from the patroling guard but then there's a gate wish I can't get passed.. the key I have doesn't fit...
    Help me xD

Check the guards' room, if my memory doesn't trick me, there is a key hanging on the wall.

Archivist

Mission complete

Great work on version 2, MH. Unfortunately the story about Garrett's father has been placed by that of a keeper, but it's more convincing overal.
    Visuals are better with the sky and new textures. The Ehancement Pack is a bit overused, though. Some updated textures don't fit the surrounding, while other new objects actually look worse/too different then the originals in my opinion. It could've been more selectively used.
    Most important are the bug fixes. The problem i wrote about here is no longer present, among others.
    I did find some other issues. Watch your pm box.

Playing on expert was a great challenge. Avoiding the surprisingly complex patrol routes of guards and servants, and finding your way through the mansion at daylight. It made it very hard on several occasions.
    It's been a long time since i had so much fun exploring room by room while staying undetected . Very cool to see AI's in a room turn the lights back on after you turned them out.

Didn't had any trouble finding the keys (thanks to the readables lying around) except for the grey key under the stairs in the captain's office.

I like the locations in the mansion where the sun is shining through the windows, like the swimming pool and art galleries.
    Regarding the gallery, it's fun to see various paintings of Vermeer on the walls there. Too bad only the artist is mentioned, and not the names. He lived in the city of Delft, which i visit very often .

The automap really came in handy. Seeing where you are, in combination with the compass, saves a lot of time.
    This, in combination with the layout of the mansion, reminded me a bit of Gervasius' manor.

Liked the story about Janosch, the giant of the woods, who's destined to dwell the labyrinth for eternity. Unfortunately, he is the only thing that makes the labyrinth interesting. The place isn't exactly the maze I expected it to be. Most side paths end just around every corner, which makes any map unneccessary

A few questions:
    - who ruined the painting of Lord Duncan? This would've been great for a second optional objective (finding evidence and drop it on the captain's desk)

- there's a scroll in 2nd floor bedroom, telling about the dissapearance of Ottwin. What happened to him? Is this part of the story?

Suprisingly, the number of downloads for this mission on the circle is quite low. I can recommend everyone to try it out. And when you played v1.1 before, give the update another go.

Thanks for a great adventure MH . Probably my favorite daylight mission ever. Looking forward to play the next parts in this series.

Statistics
    Difficulty played: Expert
    Time taken: 2 hours 14 minutes 7 seconds
    Loot found: 2805 out of 3245
    Last edited by The Phantom; 19th May 2008 at 16:57.

Phantom, you really should so some reviews for Southquarter. Realistically, you could just copy and paste the ones you post in the forums here.

Hello phantom!

Im glad to hear that you enjoyed my mission.

About the painting: Yes, this is just a joke. And who did it? I don't know...

You can find Ottwin at the end of the mission. And in the beginning of "Ultima Ratio", too.

And many thanks for the buglisting. I'm sure, this will help me.

Archivist
    You're welcome! And thanks for answering my questions.

Brethren: I've never considered my posts to be of review quality, to be honest. But i'll keep your suggestion in mind.

Quote Originally Posted by The Phantom View Post
    Brethren: I've never considered my posts to be of review quality, to be honest.
    I try not to take it so seriously - it's one taffer's opinion that others can read and learn from, and that's plenty good enough for me.

I think the answer to this is: You Can't, since there's no mention of it in this thread or the original, but I'm going to ask anyway.

Is there a way to get to the rooftop? I can hear a patrolling guard up there, and when in the art gallery, or the area where the asset is, he can hear me. In fact, when I acquired the asset, a guy dressed in noble attire came charging in to investigate. I was unable to track him, so I don't know where he went. I'm just assuming that he was on the rooftop, and heard the raising portcullis.

Quote Originally Posted by oneof4 View Post
    Is there a way to get to the rooftop?
    Definitive not. Are you sure that the person that you heared was not above but under you?

Yeah, I'm sure. You can also here them when out on the ledge that runs behind the guest rooms.

Maybe you can send me a savegame, where this happened. This makes me very curios...

Here you go. This is from the 3rd floor room with the portcullis.

I will say though, you may have been correct that it's the guards from the floor below and not above. If that is the case, it's a bug in my opinion, as someone on the 2nd floor shouldn't be able to hear you on the 3rd floor, and you shouldn't be able to hear them.
    Attached Files
    Last edited by oneof4; 5th Apr 2009 at 15:41.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast