TTLG|Thief|Bioshock|System Shock|Deus Ex|Mobile
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread: Fan Mission Updated Apr/07: Mysterious Invitation V2

I'm not 100% sure but I think I found a bug.
    Can't get this objective to work.
    If you enter Cripplewood's room before you find out that they are not meeting at the mansion, if you then go back to C's room to get the new meeting place, the chest is empty - no scroll.
    Which would kinda break the mission.
    Wouldn't it be better if this one scroll also just appeared on his desk like the ones about Osgood?

Assuming, of course, this is a bug and not just me being blind.

And one question about something that hasn't been answered in the threads yet:
    How do I open the secret door in the labyrinth? It's marked on the map with a "?"
    Last edited by Meisterdieb; 7th Apr 2009 at 14:02.

About your 2nd question:
    you can open it from the other side only. Just before you leave the water at the end of the mission, examine the underwater walls closely.

Blackjack

Where do you find a blackjack?

Hello Lynx67
    If you play on expert, there is no blackjack. Otherwise look in guard's room in the prison.

BJ

There is no blackjack in the guards room in the prision. Where else to look for it?

I believe it's tucked away in a corner. Are you sure it isn't there?

wth?

Duncan's diary is a bloody mess!

could only make out about 60% of what it had to tell me!

i hope this was your first FM man, then i can excuse the boo boo's - like an almost dis-jointed plot (or at least one that's loosely jointed in the extreme!), and the afore-mentioned diary, or putting an arrow in Nestor (just an experiment mind you!), watching him fall in the "surprise kill" animation, then immediately get back up and run out of the room! (damn, are they making the high priests freakin tough now or what?!)

and i can't seem to find the damaged painting that was mentioned!
    also totally lost on the "evidence about Osgood" objective - HUH" wth is that all about? (who the heck is "osgood"? and what did he do?)
    and i got the "asset", was it just loot????? (why give it any special name tho?)

another thing - why did the map of the labyrinth not do anything? i picked it up but no map was added to my map key and i could'nt "use" it with a right click!
    Last edited by Garrett's Shadow; 14th Nov 2009 at 17:54.

d. Dec 2017

In Lord Duncan's room, behind the bed, is an outline of a door. A book on his desk refers to the bed as a secret. Does a door open behind that bed?
    Maybe it is to be continued in Ultima Ratio?

I have a key but don't know what it is for. All rooms have been opened.

Anyone?

There is definitely not a door by this bed, I think you're misinterpreting the book. The key you've found is not for a door, but for a window.
    It opens the windows in Nestor's room as an alternative route to Cripplewood's Room

help

Im replaying this mission on "Expert" mode this time, one of the goals tells me i cannot be seen, so i tried to find a blackjack, what i found was a unfrobable door wich belongs to the armory room, so how am i suppose to get a blackjack? or is there no blackjack on expert mode?

Master Builder 2018
    Sorry, Pedro. There is no blackjack on Expert.

Quote Originally Posted by Tannar View Post
    Sorry, Pedro. There is no blackjack on Expert.
    Ohhh...thanks Mike

Quote Originally Posted by SinisterShadow View Post
    About your 2nd question:
    you can open it from the other side only. Just before you leave the water at the end of the mission, examine the underwater walls closely.
    Cannot find anything.........
    Before entering the area, Garrett says something "that is the way out, but I've something more to do..." but the only objective left apart from finding the exit is not to kill any servants......

Quote Originally Posted by maga View Post
    Cannot find anything.........
    Before entering the area, Garrett says something "that is the way out, but I've something more to do..." but the only objective left apart from finding the exit is not to kill any servants......
    Ciau Marissa, this is a pure stealth mission where you have to be very patient if youre playing on "Expert" mode, i can give you some strong hints, in the garden outside near the tables wait untill you see a maid opening doors, this is an opurtunity to go after her quickly and stop the door from being closed, get inside and take the chance to follow her to the upper room where you will have to hold another door (wooden door), go upstars to the owner of the mansion in order to read important scrolls, once you read them a noble will patrol a nearby corridor carrying a key

let me know if i can help you with something more since i still have this mission fresh in my mind, i finished it recently...took me 2 hours

Hi Pedro, I am at the end of the mission, just before entering the maze where the "secret door" is. SinisterShadow said that in order to open that door you have to look underwater, but I cannot find a switch or anything to open the door.........

Quote Originally Posted by maga View Post
    Hi Pedro, I am at the end of the mission, just before entering the maze where the "secret door" is. SinisterShadow said that in order to open that door you have to look underwater, but I cannot find a switch or anything to open the door.........
    humm, i dont recall any door to open in the maze, have you passed the mazed already?

No, not yet............
    OK......I didn't have to open it..... Finished!!!!
    Last edited by maga; 19th May 2012 at 13:34.

dml courtesy Unna. Fixes phantom banner and a couple of misplaced items.

Code:
    DML1//Mysterious Invistation//miss20.mis.dml

-ObjProp 1641 "PhysType"
    +ObjProp 1641 "PhysType"
    {
    "Type" None
    "# Submodels" 0
    }
    -ObjProp 1641 "PhysControl"
    +ObjProp 1641 "Position"
    {
    "Location" 7.378, 33.815, 34.0
    "Heading" 0
    "Pitch" 0
    "Bank" 0  
     }
    -ObjProp 608 "PhysType"
    +ObjProp 608 "PhysType"
    {
    "Type" None
    "# Submodels" 0
    }
    -ObjProp 608 "PhysControl"
    +ObjProp 608 "Position"
    {
    "Location" 221.37, 597.7, -74.31
    "Heading" 0
    "Pitch" 0
    "Bank" 0  
     }
    -ObjProp 792 "PhysType"
    +ObjProp 792 "PhysType"
    {
    "Type" None
    "# Submodels" 0
    }
    -ObjProp 792 "PhysControl"
    +ObjProp 792 "Position"
    {
    "Location" -89.52, 328.21, 13.925
    "Heading" 0
    "Pitch" 0
    "Bank" 4000  
     }
    -ObjProp 1326 "PhysType"
    +ObjProp 1326 "PhysType"
    {
    "Type" None
    "# Submodels" 0
    }
    -ObjProp 1326 "PhysControl"
    +ObjProp 1326 "Position"
    {
    "Location" -7.27, 33.815, 34.0
    "Heading" 0
    "Pitch" 0
    "Bank" 0  
     }

Hey, I got this mission on the site Thief Guild and I have installed the .dml here made by Unna and kindly provided by fortuni, but I have one thing that bugs me...
    In the prison area when I get "knocked out", I look behind me and I see a window, but with no rails or cover or anything, I can simply escape through there. Is that intentional or it's a bug/oversight?

Well spotted.

Just checked, you couldn't mantle out of that window using Olddark, thus the reason for no bars needed. Will get the dml amended.

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234