TTLG|Thief|Bioshock|System Shock|Deus Ex|Mobile
Page 12 of 13 FirstFirst ... 278910111213 LastLast

Thread: T2 FM: Lord Alan's Factory (10 May 2007)

This Holy Hammer

"This Holy Hammer has been donated to Lord Alan Augustus De Marcantonius
    as a symbol of gratitude from the Hammerite community."

Is the Holy Hammer good for anything, or is it just atmosphere? Just curious. I just finished my first crawl through the mission. Great fun. No records worth mentioning, but I did manage to have no alerts. My next run will be a try for Perfect Thief.

Just decoration. Have fun.

Bloody brilliant level design!!!
    Superlatives do not go far enough.

The attention to detail is amazing.
    The scale is breath-taking.
    The logic is flawless.
    I loved the puzzle-like construction of this enormous mission.
    The twist in how the mission develops is immensely satisfying.

How the hell do you get out? Don't answer that. I'll go back and read the previous posts.

I just had to get my praises in immediately.

WOW!

Lord Alan's Factory is one of the most impressive missions I have ever played. I mean, one of the most impressive missions, not just missions for that game called Thief.

Sadly, I can't find the key to 2200. I found the note about the location of the key but none of the workers there had it. I searched for hours. I guess I earlier dumped to body somewhere where I cannot retrieve it. Looks like I'll have to restart.

Quote Originally Posted by View Post
    Sadly, I can't find the key to 2200.
    No need to restart. The note is inaccurate in Expert / Timed skill, and I think perhaps Hard/Garrett skill. Look here:
    spoiler:
    Go to the lowest possible level of the electrical generator room, where you can walk under the flywheels. Find the key on a patrolling worker wearing a white suit.

There appears to be several bugs in the french translation of this mission. There is one geodynamic map missing, and another one is incomplete, compared to the english version. Also, one of the deactivation codes is wrong, making the mission impossible to finish in a first try: 0637 is written D B D D, while it should read D H D D. Excellent mission otherwise Very inspirational!

Quote Originally Posted by all View Post
    .... making the mission impossible to finish in a first try
    How do you finish it on the second try? Or the third? Do you just guess at the code by trial and error?

I will send an e-mail to Andrea about the errors.

Fortunately, I quicksaved before entering the code. After realizing something was wrong with the text, I opened the english book file (the one entitled 'code') to find the right code. I also did this for the maps... It was the first time I died in that mission

Thank you for let me know, Peter.
    All, please could you help me finding the missing and the incomplete map?
    I can fix the above and make a new package.

Meanwhile, I have checked all the codes in the French version and I did not find any mistake. The code 0637 is D H D D.

I checked it too, and like you, found no mistake. How strange. I'll try it ingame again, and let you know.

all, please check the maps too, I can't find the missing one you mentioned.

Help!!!

i cant find the key 1177 to enginee paul harcarcant, is the codes that i need to find there? im playing on "tips" difficult and need to find the codes, where are they? im tired of walking for hours in the same areas

I know the answer on the top two difficulties, but not tips. The key is on a person, probably a white suited worker. There is a note somewhere that tells the reader that the bearer of the key is to be found in some specific area. That is the place in Tips. In the higher difficulties, the location of the guy is inconsistent with the note. He is at the bottom level of the electromechanical (rotating) machinery area. Tips is according to the note, as I understand.

Quote Originally Posted by smithpd View Post
    I know the answer on the top two difficulties, but not tips. The key is on a person, probably a white suited worker. There is a note somewhere that tells the reader that the bearer of the key is to be found in some specific area. That is the place in Tips. In the higher difficulties, the location of the guy is inconsistent with the note. He is at the bottom level of the electromechanical (rotating) machinery area. Tips is according to the note, as I understand.
    And where can i find the bearer of the key? be specificly, this is a huge mission

I think Peter has the keys mixed up. It's easy to do since they are all numbers. To get key 1177 you first have to find key 2200, which is the one Peter was thinking of. Do you have it yet?

If you do then you have to head down into the elemental levels (Water, Earth) to find Harcant's working office. The 1177 key is found there.

If you haven't yet found key 2200, on Tips it's found on a scientist who patrols around in the Physical and Chemical Treatment area. He always goes through Door 4422 into a side room so if you have trouble finding him, you can always wait for him there.

I love this mission, it's one of my favourites.

If I had to choose between the Art of Thievery or Lord Alan's Factory - my head would explode.

Nightwalker is right, of course.

Quote Originally Posted by Nightwalker View Post
    I think Peter has the keys mixed up. It's easy to do since they are all numbers. To get key 1177 you first have to find key 2200, which is the one Peter was thinking of. Do you have it yet?

If you do then you have to head down into the elemental levels (Water, Earth) to find Harcant's working office. The 1177 key is found there.

If you haven't yet found key 2200, on Tips it's found on a scientist who patrols around in the Physical and Chemical Treatment area. He always goes through Door 4422 into a side room so if you have trouble finding him, you can always wait for him there.
    Thanks Nightwalker, i never thought that the key 2200 would be to the earth area, then i had the objective to defuse all the seven bombs and i did it, i heard the sound of the objective complete being played as the letters being displayed as well in the screen then the new objective came up, when i went to check the objectives board there was no new objective and the objectives of the bombs didnt tick off, am i facing a bug? or do i need any specific script?
    then i tried to exit the factory through the door 1155 (underground electroduct station) through a hidden hole with a ladder that leads to the outside...still nothing happened also tried the other two ways out, the first where i started the game and the other in the cooling system...but nothing.

I don't know if any particular scripts are required for this one, I'm afraid. You'd have to ask Lord Alan. He pops in once in awhile. If you're SURE you defused all 7 bombs and the objective didn't check off, you may have hit a bug though I don't think it's been reported before. You may just have to count the mission as completed.

Just a thought but have you checked out this: Thief 2: (Many thanks to SinisterShadow for supplying the following information!) In some instances, the patch does not properly apply itself to the GEN.OSM and CONVICT.OSM files which results in problems in certain T2 FMs. This problem also appears with the 1.18 version of the SoldOut T2. If you are experiencing problems, download this. Open up the file and you'll see a T2 folder. Extract the new copies of the GEN.OSM and CONVICT.OSM files that you find inside and drop them into your Thief 2 game folder, allowing them to overwrite the ones already in there. If you want to check your files, you can use MD5 sums. Check yours against these checksums, which are the correct ones:

That problem has been known to cause objectives to not complete properly.

If this is a bug, I have not heard about it before, unless I missed something.

You may need the usual collection of standard scripts but nothing special for this mission itself. My scripts are:
    tnhScript.osm 5/11/2005
    script.osm 12/29/2006
    NVScript.osm 3/16/2007

What objectives do you have that are still unchecked? Do you have any objectives that are marked as failed (red X). Are you absolutely sure you defused all seven bombs? They may need to be checked, laborious as it is. Did you defuse them all within the required time? If you run out of time, the objective should fail, not be blank. As I recall, the last objective that comes up, after defusing the bombs, is to leave a note in Lord Alan's Office. Do you see that objective? I think that is optional in Tips.

EDIT: as usual, Nightwalker seems to be onto something.

Quote Originally Posted by smithpd View Post
    If this is a bug, I have not heard about it before, unless I missed something.

You may need the usual collection of standard scripts but nothing special for this mission itself. My scripts are:
    tnhScript.osm 5/11/2005
    script.osm 12/29/2006
    NVScript.osm 3/16/2007

What objectives do you have that are still unchecked? Do you have any objectives that are marked as failed (red X). Are you absolutely sure you defused all seven bombs? They may need to be checked, laborious as it is. Did you defuse them all within the required time? If you run out of time, the objective should fail, not be blank. As I recall, the last objective that comes up, after defusing the bombs, is to leave a note in Lord Alan's Office. Do you see that objective? I think that is optional in Tips.

EDIT: as usual, Nightwalker seems to be onto something.
    i did fused the seven bombs i heard the objective complete but the box of the bombs objective was blank. Mission complete

@smithpd:

re "script.osm 12/29/2006"

Q: (you got me curious); what is size in bytes of this file and where have you got it from? Normal version for thiefmissions.com for example (1.2 BugFix) is dated 2003 - is this some newer version or merely messed up time stamp?

btw: where the newest version of GayleSaver's custom scripts (if newer than v1.2 exist) can be d/l'ed? Does he have any website etc?

I am not sure where I got that script.osm. Judging from the date I reported, it may have been included with a FM. I just checked my script dates again to answer your questions, and now both script.osm and tnhscript.osm are dated 5/24/2008! I checked, and I found that they arrived in the ZIP file of a mission I am testing and just downloaded today. So, these things seem to have a life of their own. I checked the file properties of my updated script.osm, and it is 2.0.0.0, Copyright (C) 2007 Tom N Harris. Its size is 567 KB.

I remember that there were problems with Dracula 4, and a new version script.osm was created so solve those bugs. So, the bottom line is that 1.2 BugFix seems to be out of date, and I don't know where to get the latest, unless it is included with Dracula. I don't know who keeps up to date versions or where they are stored. I saw in the FM FAQ the following note: "The lastest version of Darkloader (4.3) includes these scripts in the installation file." I don't know what versions Darkloader has. I still use 4.2.

Maybe this information is available at the Editor's Guild.

I am no expert in this. I just use what they tell me to. And sometimes they get delivered in FMs as if by magic. Some expert at the Circle should sort this out.

smithpd:

1. why are you using DL 4.2 and not 4.3 - just curious?

2. re this note in FM FAQ - I think it's misleading because AFAIR DL 4.3 contains standard scripts only (like convict.osm, gen.osm) and NOT custom scripts.

3. some FMs seem to contain versions of custom scripts not found anywhere else (at least not in popular places) as separate downloads - for example Hammerite Deathmatch by Yandros (take a look what it contains). Dracula 4 contains this "script.osm 12/29/2006" as part of W2k/W9x compatibility patches for the mission from what I've seen.

4. "updated script.osm, and it is 2.0.0.0, Copyright (C) 2007 Tom N Harris. Its size is 567 KB." - it's "Public Scripts Thief2 OSM" and seems to be an updated/expanded version of Telliamed's custom scripts 1.5.4 (tnhScript.osm from 2005). Looks like this 2.0 version (or versions - as I've seen different file sizes and even file names (pub.osm) in use in different FMs) is not available as separate d/l anywhere (at least not popular FM hosts). Maybe it's some sort of beta - that's why?

5. I agree it's a bit of a mess when it comes to custom scripts and versions some FMs contain/install (there appear to be some "unofficial" versions included in some FMs as pointed out above).
    Last edited by Hiatus; 27th May 2008 at 07:23.

Page 12 of 13 FirstFirst ... 278910111213 LastLast