TTLG|Thief|Bioshock|System Shock|Deus Ex|Mobile
Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Thread: Thief Gold-campaign from Zontik: GOLDEN BOOK released May 30, 2007

I'm (finally) playing this, and stuck at Clockwise. I've been in all the places I can get in right now (I think), and only gained a hall key, and a map of the mansion. I haven't found the Lord yet, but being in the library's hiding spot where the map is, I see a hallway beneath me. I guess I have to open a secret door in the library, but can't find anything. Hint on what to do next?

You've missed one pickable door in south-east quarter of the mansion.
    I suppose you're in the library now. Well, go south via the bridge (over the garden), enter double doors, turn off one torch on the right (you will need a water arrow), hide in the dark alcove... then wait for the moment to pick a door right opposite you.
    And welcome to the next trap.
    Secret passage from the library should be opened from another side, but it is not necessary for walkthrough.

Ugh, I'm feeling stupid, but where is the tower? The doors (that I know of) that are left unopened on the first floor are the one after the long hallway, the one next to the bathroom, and the puzzle door.

Don't feel stupid, you just haven't recognized the clue.
    Clue:
    read a book in the library about architecture.
    Hint:
    Tower can be high or deep...
    Solution:
    Check the well in the garden.

Playing this incredible mission now.
    I could'nt finish part 1, since I never found the Keepers key (on easy)

I'm playing Clockwise now, entered through the fountain, made a forge key, entered the forge room, walked all the way through the rooms with gates, where the unseeable guard is walking, have no clue how to open the gate with the lock on the other side, tried to get out how I got in. That's impossible, so where do I go from here now?

There're angels who playThief and angels who don't ........ both go to heaven ............
    Dare to join .............

Part 1: IIRC, it's on Ice Keeper's belt.
    Part 2: can't understand where you are. Do you mean basement? Then one grate door is pickable (open it with picklocks). But I'm not sure about unvisible guard. There are no such a thing there...

Quote Originally Posted by Zontik View Post
    Part 1: IIRC, it's on Ice Keeper's belt.
    Part 2: can't understand where you are. Do you mean basement? Then one grate door is pickable (open it with picklocks). But I'm not sure about unvisible guard. There are no such a thing there...
    That's weird, I never saw Ice Keeper also, just heard him, as for almost all the guards in part 1 of the mission. Is this a bug then?

Yes, I'm in the basement in part 2, I picked the locked grate door, but their is an unvisible guard walking and it was very tough to let him not see me, since that was one of the objectives.

It's the other gate I'm having trouble with opening. The one which lock is on the other side of the gate.

There're angels who playThief and angels who don't ........ both go to heaven ............
    Dare to join .............

Your problem looks similar to known TDP bug.
    You probably have version/script troubles. Are you playing on Thief Gold? You hardly need it to finish the mission. Not TDP, only TG!
    If yes, try the following. Unzip file GEN.OSM from mission archive manually to your Thief Gold folder (replacing the existing one).
    As for keys, you should have no troubles with all the guards visible (and their belts too).
    Hope it will help.

I am enjoying Fire and Ice a lot, but Iīve been stuck for some time now. I need a little nudge as to what I have missed (as small as possible to get me going).

I have five keys: Hatch, Spiral Staircase, 1st Floor, Basement and 'Locked Room'. I have used them all somewhere.

There are four frobbable doors I canīt open:
    - In the starting room.
    - The Armory ('Ask Sgt. (forgot his name) ' I donīt think Iīve seen him or his room yet.
    - Room on 2nd floor, facing the side of the house that has a campfire outside. Iīve peeked into this room from the window (as I was jumping from a rope from the balcony above). From the quick glance I got, the room doesnīt look particularly interesting, but you never know...I thought I could bash in the door as it looks wooden, but it sounds like metal when I hit it.
    - Room on 3rd floor. Itīs the door next to the door to the sitting room that has a secret passage leading to the observatory.

There is also an unfrobbable door I canīt open: in the passage (the one with two talisman receptacles) past the 'locked room'.

Stange thing discovered: two red banners (one in the passage decsribed above, one in the observatory) that say 'Use the magic power of the elementals to destroy me' if I hit them with the sword. I suppose that means fire arrows, but I have none (I have a few water arrows, two moss arrows and a gas arrow). Getting into the armory might give me some fire arrows...

Another strange thing discovered: The second talisman receptacle shoots fire arrows into the stairs if I frob it. Also, at least one of the receptacles toggles the door from 'locked room' opened/closed. At first, I thought I was stuck in this passage, but I discovered this after a while, so I could get out again.

I have been up on the roof, and found my way up on all three of the open towers. The only thing of interest Iīve found in these areas is a silver coinstack.

jiansonz, the armoury key should get you moving I think. Need to search on ground floor room with bunks/chests (one furthest away from front door IIRC)

Armoury key: in sergeant's room. Blind frob the weapon display.
    Nowadays it seems stupid for myself. Sorry.
    BTW: There ARE fire arrows in the armoury. Just find them.

Quote Originally Posted by Zontik View Post
    Armoury key: in sergeant's room. Blind frob the weapon display.
    Nowadays it seems stupid for myself. Sorry.
    Thanks for the help!
    Was there a hint somewhere that this particular room was the Sargentīs?

I found an old hint thread, which was good because I also needed help that I should do these things:
    - hit the practice dummy ín order to open the training room
    - breaking ice (on pond) with blackjack (I had tried fire arrow and sword, because I thought those were the most obvious tools for the job...)

Finished this mission now, 700 loot from the maximum. I am not surprised itīs this much, because there were several pieces I found more or less by accident (especially in the water passages).

A general hint for this mission could be: "if youīre stuck, walk around and hit things".

Loved the fireworks by the entrance! The big brawl in the temple square was also cool.

Another nice touch was that chest in the maze where you almost had to fall to your death to get close enough to use the lockpicks on it.

Haha, I banged my head on the keyboard, shouting 'Naturally, of course!" when I found out that 'Unknown key' didnīt open the two doors back in the castle.
    (It took me a long time to find the lock for this key, and then I got really surprised that the talisman was down there, and not back in the room or past the unfrobbable door in the place you enter with the Keeper key. I was convinced I was missing a secret switch in there...)

There are still some loose ends, leading me to ask these questions:
    - I still have not been able to open two of the doors in the castle (the 3rd and 4th in my first post). Is there any way to open them?

- In the corner of the laboratory, there is a grating above a hole with a ladder going down to some water. Can this be opened? How?

- Is there a way to open the unfrobbable 'Keeper door' behind the altar in the temple?

- Is there another way inside the temple rooms, other than the one I used? (Bang on the door so the acolyte opened it)

- Is there a purpose for the walkway that goes from next to the the clock room to a hatch above the circular passage leading around the temple rooms? There is what looks like a secret door from the clock room that I didnīt manage to open. (Instead, I got up through the ceiling hatch by stacking three canisters, two potions and a map...).
    Last edited by jiansonz; 6th Oct 2010 at 12:28.

Hint to sergeant's room is sergeant himself. Or his diary (I don't think he would hide it in any other's room).
    - I still have not been able to open two of the doors in the castle (the 3rd and 4th in my first post). Is there any way to open them?
    #4 you don't need to open, you can get into this room by another way (secret door from the library)
    #3 you can open only in ghost mode. One woman in the central hall (dressed in blue and green) has a key. If you steal it, you can enter. If you alert her, she will flee to her room and lock herself there.
    Nothing but some loot there.
    - In the corner of the laboratory, there is a grating above a hole with a ladder going down to some water. Can this be opened?
    Yes, from another side.
    In underwater area throw a crate into the portcullis (where dead thief lies) and swim inside. Keep your breath!
    Is there a way to open the unfrobbable 'Keeper door' behind the altar in the temple?
    Yes, but in mission 2 only.
    Is there another way inside the temple rooms, other than the one I used?
    Sure there is. Slash periodical table in laboratory, turn the switch and explore the secret area.
    There is what looks like a secret door from the clock room that I didnīt manage to open.
    The switch for this door is ON clockwork. Look at it once more.

Thanks for that very detailed answer.

Looks like I am heading for a loot-hunting replay. It should be easier to avoid alerting people now that I know the sneakiest way into the building.

I'm (again) stuck in Clockwise, in the past. I have found the temple key, opened its doors and found a button to press after a window, but can't see what it opened. Also, I can't open any of the locked doors in the area. I also found the Time Lord while going for a swim. Was that an easteregg or should I have done there something?

Clearinghouse
    Quote Originally Posted by PotatoGuy View Post
    found a button to press after a window, but can't see what it opened.
    Push the button and run into the other room with a window. Push another button before the red light goes out.

I also found the Time Lord while going for a swim. Was that an easteregg or should I have done there something?
    Yes, Easter Egg area. You seen a giant watch?

I suppose that area rather as a part of gameplay. Future and past are the same for the Lord, so he could see you in the past even after sending you there.
    But giant watch is definitely an easter egg!

Clearinghouse
    Was that an easteregg
    PotatoGuy, also: http://www.ttlg.com/forums/showthrea...=1#post1610677

I'm afraid I haven't found any of those two yet, but I'll keep looking! Thanks for the help.

As soon as I click "Start Game" Thief crashes to desktop. I have Thief Gold.

Summer Vacation Contest Winner 2010
    Are you using DarkLoader ver 4.1 or later? I switched back to Darloader 4.1 after having too many problems with GarrettLoader and the latest version of Darkloader. Running windows xp. Maybe just my crap.
    Last edited by darthsLair; 17th Oct 2010 at 13:58. Reason: to add a couple cents worth

Iīm using version 4.3. Sometimes my mousepoint gets weird after using Darkloader and sometimes the icons "Play" "Dromed" etc at the bottom are greyed out.

Summer Vacation Contest Winner 2010
    I also used version 4.3 and had similar problems, so I reverted to the earliier version and have had no problems for years. Good luck, and hope you find out what is causing it to act that way. In beta testing we also discovered that Windows Vista does't fair well with GarrettLoader. I always reccomend Darkloader for Windows Vista. Objectives and some simple traps refuse to work sometimes. !

Clearinghouse
    Try to delete the movie files from the movie folder.

I would try to start Thief II from my starting menu, NOT under DarkLoader. Just close DL after installation.
    (I don't know the reason, but I doubt DL can affect FM files in any way.)
    Or the most probably you have a video issue.

Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast