TTLG|Thief|Bioshock|System Shock|Deus Ex|Mobile
Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Thread: Thief Gold-campaign from Zontik: GOLDEN BOOK released May 30, 2007

Hi,

I have some white objects (sword (down left screen, not the one you're handling), purse,rope, book...). What should I do to see your custom objects ?

- Using Thief Gold & Darkloader 4.2
    - Having the thief Enhancement pack installed

Thx.
    Last edited by Stefan_Key; 18th Oct 2010 at 18:16.

Probably it's because of Thief Enhancement pack.
    First and last screens definitely don't contain any custom objects. The shape is proper, you just can't see its textures.

Could somebody please point me to a walkthrough for the Clockwise mission (T-Gold version). The mission is so black everywhere that I can't even see what I'm doing half the time. I've been playing for over 12 hours, and I'm ready to quit.

I've managed to get about 2000 loot, but I need 3000 to finish. I also need a torch of some sort, and there's at least 2 secret doors (in and near the roulette table) and 1 locked door (at the end of the long hall with the camera) that I can't figure out how to open. (And yes, I'm quite "insane" for persisting at it so long.)

Thanks.

Thanks so very much! Cheers!

And DoH! A couple days ago I even looked up the Golden Book walkthrough mentioned in Nightwalker's post #12 of this thread, which also mentions the walkthrough you (re)listed here for me. Try as I might, I just couldn't re-find it yesterday. (Hangs head in shame.)

Thanks again.
    Last edited by kent; 11th Nov 2010 at 19:00.

Quote Originally Posted by Zontik View Post
    Probably it's because of Thief Enhancement pack.
    First and last screens definitely don't contain any custom objects. The shape is proper, you just can't see its textures.
    I fixed it by renaming EP.crf, and the existing mesh, obj, fam etc before installing the fm through Darkloader... I solved the issue.

Your campaign is a very tough one, I spent 18 hours finishing it ! Sometimes I was stuck and had to peer in the forums to find an answer. It was challenging !

1st Mission

Is there a way to open the secret door near the ladder at the exit of the maze ???

Door or hatch? There are both.
    Door opens from another side.
    To open hatch you need to solve statue puzzle.

Thanks I got it ....

Now I stuck in the 2nd Mission because the AI in the library stuck at the bottom of the stairs .... so I can`t get past him without being spottet :-(

The one possible solution is to reload from one of the earlier saves.
    Another - if you send me your save file, I will remove that buggy AI. Unfortunately it will take certain time (I'll do that quick, but I have to recieve file, to take it home and to send it again). My address is in my profile.

Thanks .... I have send you my saves .... but don`t hurry ....

Check your email.

THANK YOU

Great campaign indeed. I remember playing a few years ago and those puzzles with alien logic. One have to twist one's mind to solve them. Some Easter Eggs are still unknown to me, so would be good reason to replay this one day. And I had also betatested Eternal Candle. How much fun it was!

I need help, to put out the eternal flame. Turned the piece of ice in two ice waters, spent all arrows in the flame and nothing.

I still have to use the poison and explosive charge. Tips?

You have to get rid of Master Buider first. Try poison or explosive

Great campaign!

Finished.

Had missed a note under the bed...

I am stuck in first mission, Fire and Ice. I can't enter the temple sqaure after opening the door by using a fire arrow on the banner and talisman statue, without the guards getting alerted and coming to kill me. Even though I let them calm down and resume patrols,what I am expected to do at this point to continue on ? Since I can't them and they won't let me sneak past or blackjack them.

Quote Originally Posted by Maxrebo6 View Post
    I am stuck in first mission, Fire and Ice. I can't enter the temple sqaure after opening the door by using a fire arrow on the banner and talisman statue, without the guards getting alerted and coming to kill me. Even though I let them calm down and resume patrols,what I am expected to do at this point to continue on ? Since I can't them and they won't let me sneak past or blackjack them.
    I had difficulty entering that area till I realised there is an archer up in the shadows on the first floor that you need to lean around the door post and kill first before you enter the temple area otherwise he will raise the alarm

I can't kill him since there is a no kill objective on Expert nor do I have enough broadheads.

One possible solution is to enter area and to run like hell to the left, to the shadows or to the one of doors. Archer need some time to recognize the intruder. Even if he rise the alarm, none will know where you are right now.
    Some luck and you'll succeed.

your brave taking on a Zontik fm on expert...I salute you !

one of the doors in the shadows leads...... to a ladder
    Last edited by fortuni; 18th Jun 2014 at 09:02.

I always do missions on expert because otherwise I feel like I am missing the full experience. That hint about the ladder helped.So here's what I did I went into the room the guards chased me I went into that room climbed the ladder waited up their for a little bit and then KOed both archers. The other guards haven't given me a hard time since going back down to the main area.So it was that one archer that causing all the trouble.

Update: I am now up to Extinguisher I know you don't start with the blackjack on Insane but I heard you can find it.So my question is,Where is it ? and will that negate the No KO goal negate itself.
    Last edited by Maxrebo6; 19th Jun 2014 at 20:41.

Closer to end you will find it.
    BTW, the middle difficulty level gives you the full expiernece (in this campaign). Expert was made harder intentionally and artifically. The "hard" is basic.

Then I will do this mission on the middle difficulty.The only problem is the soonest I can do so is on Tuesday since my keyboard broke and that's when the replacement comes in.Type this post with the on-screen keyboard was really tedious.

Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast