TTLG|Thief|Bioshock|System Shock|Deus Ex|Mobile
Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 234567 LastLast

Thread: Thief Gold-campaign from Zontik: GOLDEN BOOK released May 30, 2007

Too many years passed...
    How could I avoid using those scripts?! It seems impossible.
    OK, one possible reason is GEN.OSM version conflict. Try to replace your Thief1's native gen.osm with the same one from the ZIP file (and don't forget to make backup!).
    I can't imagine any other reason, though, but the scripts.
    Do you use Dark Loader? It can refuse to replace scripts if script in the ZIP file has older date.
    (Now I always use renamed scripts to be sure the version conflict is not possible.)

Darkloader did replace gen.osm but not convict.osm as it the same file with same size and date.
    I've tried to replace manually convict.osm but the bug is still here. It should be interesting to know if others players have the same issue.
    Do you went me to post a question in "Fms that won't work properly with New Dark" thread ?

It's your choice - to post or not to post. Though, if you've found a problem...
    All what I know that the problem is not permanent. Some people finished FM on New Dark 1.22 correctly.
    And the real problem is that I still don't know the reason - why it doesn't work. May it be corrupted in any way save? What if you start the mission from the beginning? I know it's not the best idea, but I can't reproduce all details include your hard and soft...

Quote Originally Posted by Zontik
    Some people finished FM on New Dark 1.22 correctly.
    I forgot to say that I used Thief 1 patched to Gold, and not the real Thief Gold Version.
    I'm sure the problem comes from here.
    Anyway, thanks for your assistance

EDIT :
    I've finished the mission, and I had no problem with the second camvator scene when you use poison. Weird, isn't it ?

That was a fantastic campaign, thanks for it !
    Last edited by Apiai; 29th May 2015 at 13:26.

Anyone else having problem with the blackjack, sword and Garrets right arm being all white? (...no textures?)

Quote Originally Posted by ricnor View Post
    Anyone else having problem with the blackjack, sword and Garrets right arm being all white? (...no textures?)
    White weapons and inventory items.....not sure about arms though

This usually occurs due to a couple of lines missing from your cam_ext.cfg file, paste the following into your file:-

ObjTextures16
    MeshTextures16

hope this solves your problem
    Last edited by fortuni; 9th Oct 2015 at 20:28.

Thanks, it worked!
    I thought using Tfix would solve this, but apperently not.

Hi everyone!!! In third part I need help to find ice.The only place I found with ice is Ice Keeper's grave and the "ice axe" but I don't know what to do next. I have poisoned the Builder already Thank you in advance and Happy New Year to all!

To get the ice on Hotshot and Insane

Throw the Ice Axe at the NE corner of the platform the Ice Keeper is resting on

Quote Originally Posted by fortuni View Post
    To get the ice on Hotshot and Insane

Throw the Ice Axe at the NE corner of the platform the Ice Keeper is resting on
    fortuni thank you so much for your quick responce!! I tried that but probably not at evety spot... going back to finish it up..!!!

Playing for the first time and on insane and following Fortuni walktrough.

I canīt get the unknow key, iīve tried:hitting the target dummy with a arrowbut no key appears, is this the right training room?

Yuri i canīt believe i missed this Campaign.

I can't believe I can't remember anything to help you.
    Maybe more clues will refresh my memory. Which mission, first of all?

Quote Originally Posted by Zontik View Post
    I can't believe I can't remember anything to help you.
    Maybe more clues will refresh my memory. Which mission, first of all?
    Its the first mission "Ice and Fire", i am missing a key that unlocks a Gate underwater. According to fortuni Walktrough, this key is obtained by shooting a arrow to a target in the training room i need the keeper talisman to finish the mission.

How do i re-open the door inside the yellow circle?
    How do i open the door inside the red circle?

This is the Gate i need to open in order to obtain the keeper talisman:

Last edited by Cardia; 31st Mar 2016 at 09:44.

The door in the yellow circle is the door you came in from, from the mansion. It shuts behind you and does not re-open. The door in the red circle is the training room.....to open this door bash the Target figure in the corridor between the 2 barracks next door.

You can then collect the Unknown key from the Training room to open the underwater portcullis to get to the Keepers Talisman

btw....Does anyone have any news as to the progress of Zontik's next campaign? last I heard he had finished approx 7 out of the 11 missions, so I'm hoping (optimistically) that he may be closer to delivering his next masterpiece shortly
    Last edited by fortuni; 31st Mar 2016 at 10:47.

Thank you Jim, that did the trick, mission finished , going to second mission now.

Stuck in the beginning of the second mission, i canīt find my way out of the first area with the archer guard patrolling, its pitch black in the surroundings, and i find everything blocked, what am i missing?

Pedro.....look at the Q&A's section at the bottom of the WT's

alternatively....smash the statue in the fountain to find a secret tunnel

Quote Originally Posted by fortuni View Post
    Pedro.....look at the Q&A's section at the bottom of the WT's

alternatively....smash the statue in the fountain to find a secret tunnel
    Thank you Jim, i will be attention to that section of the walktrough

I really don't remember all that stuff! Don't mind today is the 1st of April, I say true!
    fortuni, thanks for help.
    last I heard he had finished approx 7
    8 for the moment.
    out of the 11 missions
    I didn't really say that. You have probably mixed my project with Death Cold Embrace.

I came a cross a strange bug in the last mission of this campaign, any idea how to overcome this?

Да, два раза проходил, тоже запомнил: после колокола в доме предсказательницы хаотичное метание по комнате..но этот баг компанию не портит. Зонтик молодчина!

Some scripts seem refuse to work.
    If you can move after missing cutscene, everything is fine. Max has returned home, even if you didn't see that.
    If no and you've stuck forever, let me know.

Quote Originally Posted by Zontik View Post
    Some scripts seem refuse to work.
    If you can move after missing cutscene, everything is fine. Max has returned home, even if you didn't see that.
    If no and you've stuck forever, let me know.
    A waited a while and Garrett returned to a normal avatar position, i didnīt know that was a cutscene, i read Fortuni walktrough and it actually mentions there a strange cutscene and the bells ringing. I heard the bells ringing during this cutscene.

Proceeding with the mission, this one is though

Yes, it was a cutscene. Supposed to be. Can 't say why the things went worse. Didn't test it under New Dark.

I'm trying to collect all the loot in the last mission, Extinguisher.

How do you get into the post storage building? I've tried to get through the hole/window in the wall from inside the post office building. I have a vague memory that I've done this before. I've tried both with and without crates (and a sandbag) but I can't make it through. At most, I can (with some wiggling) get just through the hole and into the next room but then I get stuck on the hole frame.

Even when it looks like the crate I am standing on is the same height as the bottom of the hole (and I make sure I can crouch, which isn't always possible because the ceiling is low), I can't get through.

Can this be a NewDark specific problem?

Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 234567 LastLast