TTLG|Thief|Bioshock|System Shock|Deus Ex|Mobile
Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast

Thread: MOH mission: The Dead of Winter June 3/2007

That is just what I did and been down and
    spoiler:
    met the treebeast, down the stairs and looked all over and canīt find a key.
    Do you have a better discription of the location or what to do??

Past the room which had that tree beast that you just killed, there is the room with the steam pipes. The key is on the floor there, near one of the doors.

Okay...I'm so damn confused. Someone just give me a hint to get me back on the right track.
    spoiler:
    Alright, so after the portal accident I finally got all the haunts off my ass (by climbing a ladder and waiting them out), and no I'm completely out of ideas as far as where to go. I have the chapel key, the "room key" I got off of a dead mechanist on the top floor of the main hall building (next to a locked door with zombie sounds coming from it which I can't open), and I went back into the portal room and found some keys on the bodies of the dead mechanists, though they appear to all be duplicates of keys I already have... Anyway, none of my keys open any locked doors I can get too, and I have no clue what to do now.

Incredible looking mission...frustrating as hell though.
    And I actually LIKE haunts.

[Edit] Nevermind, I found what I was missing.
    Last edited by The Mike; 4th Jun 2007 at 19:04.

Quote Originally Posted by Nameless Voice View Post
    Past the room which had that tree beast that you just killed, there is the room with the steam pipes. The key is on the floor there, near one of the doors.
    I think I have a key from there but it does not work on the tower gate
    I have walked with my nose on the floor and get find anything else

Quote Originally Posted by The Mike View Post
    Okay...I'm so damn confused. Someone just give me a hint to get me back on the right track.
    spoiler:
    Alright, so after the portal accident I finally got all the haunts off my ass (by climbing a ladder and waiting them out), and no I'm completely out of ideas as far as where to go. I have the chapel key, the "room key" I got off of a dead mechanist on the top floor of the main hall building (next to a locked door with zombie sounds coming from it which I can't open), and I went back into the portal room and found some keys on the bodies of the dead mechanists, though they appear to all be duplicates of keys I already have... Anyway, none of my keys open any locked doors I can get too, and I have no clue what to do now.

Incredible looking mission...frustrating as hell though.
    And I actually LIKE haunts.
    The keys all go on the same ring you just collect them and they all work on something, just try more doors
    Have you been upstairs?

The Mike: There's a second key in the room where you found the "Room Key". The "Room Key" just opens the door to that room so that you can get back out.

Kittykat: The key in that steam room should open the tower gate inside the bunkhouse. If your keyring won't unlock that gate yet, then you missed the key down there past the treebeast.

It's not exactly the best weapon, but you do have your 'bare hands' at the start. The enemy can't chase you into the quarters area (the area where you start in) so if you go there, wait for them to start searching, then go out and whack them and repeat until they're down. I managed to off 4 'enemies' at the start which was a relief from being harassed. Sometimes rarely due to a 'bug' the enemy can 'get pass' the 'barrier' into the quarters area, but just reload from a earlier save to prevent a 'mess'.

Ok found out about the tower Thank you anyway
    And I am not sure the code is always the same

Incidentally, did anyone else complete this mission "bare hands-only"?

I wouldn't exactly call it "bare hands only" as when you block, you can clearly see what's left of the blackjack! (Sorry Author)

I haven't finished it yet, but I smacked quite a few haunts to death with my ahem, not-so-bare hands!

Incidentally, did anyone else complete this mission "bare hands-only"?
    Just finished and canīt imaging finishing without weapons
    But a this was a good mission, next time Iīll see how far I can get on bare hands

Vertical Contest Winner 2009
    its like the system shock with a wrench only challenge, and it is possible to finish this mission hands only, he he

I know full well that it is, since I just did it.

Put some more keys in the mission that don't seem to open anything...sigh...

I'll just load it into Dromed - since I have 6 keys
    spoiler:
    (after the cathedral and keys from the upstairs rooms)
    and have run to ever door to hear that ole so familiar "click" noise.....

Okay, I'm legitamately stuck now- I knew it would happen eventually (thanks for the help earlier everyone, though I did actually figure it out by myself).
    spoiler:
    So anyway...I just went to the chemical storage room, saw the tree beast, and got 2 rope arrows...and now I'm at a dead end.
    Where to next? I'm totally stumped.

The Mike: Go up the southwest tower next to the infirmary (which should now be open) and read the readables there. They'll give you a clue as to where to go next.
    Outright spoiler: after that, head to the front gate.

Uuuuh....that's not good. The door never opened for me. I really hope this doesn't mean I have to restart the whole mission...(I did do things slightly out of order as I just NOW put the fuse into the beacon machine, which I assume I should have done earlier). Argh, I might just move on to the next mission in the contest if I really did break this one.

This mission is really turning into a joke for me . . . horror, indeed. Although, I have to admit, hunting for 11+ keys and the doors they operate is quite the frightening idea . . .

I'm at the point where I really don't want to bother with this one anymore, but I believe the last key I found was the northwest gate key. Where's the door that goes with this key?

Mike,

The beacon needs to be activated by sticking in the fuse and entering the correct code, which changes every time, don't worry it's easy to work out. Make sure you have the beacon code scroll. After all that is done, then the gates at the SW tower will be open

TNT,

Check your map. The NW Tower Key opens the gates there

I personally think it's a great mission- yeah, it's a little heavy on the keys and relies too heavily on scripted events, but it looks amazing and it's one of the most challenging missions I've played in awhile, which I actually like. I have to admit though, I got frustrated running from those haunts in the beginning.

Anyway, I'm not sure if I actually broke the mission or not...maybe the door to the SW tower will open if I activate the beacon? Can anyone help me with this? I'm completely stumped. I put the new battery into it, but as far as I can tell it did nothing. Also, typing in the combination someone posted earlier in the thread
    spoiler:
    does absolutely nothing.

Ah, just scrolled down while writing this and read shadows message, thanks alot! That clears things up. Uh...now where is this beacon code scroll? Outright spoilers will be fine at this point.

The Mike: It's next to a corpse in the main courtyard. If you can't read it, then there's a puzzle you can do to help you get the full code. (Check the scrolls up in one of the towers (the one in the bunkroom IIRC) for a hint.

11+ keys isn't as much of a 'horror' as 17 keys - and I'm sure I missed a spare key in the chapel somewhere.

11+ keys isn't as much of a horror as 17 keys - and I'm sure I missed a spare key in the chappel somewhere.
    I got 20 keys. I think there maybe a 'bug' though. When you get to the infirmary you get 2 more keys, but if you frob the key off the guy before he finishes his conversation and gives you the 2 keys, nothing happens - obviously because you've just snatched the key off him that he was going to give you. But in one instance you get 2 keys and the other you get 1... Just a interesting observation, i don't think it affects the mission either way.

Ah, thanks alot! Phew...almost at two hours on the mission timer. This was one hell of an epic contest mission.

Finally finished this mission . . . to be frank, it's ridiculous, (the ending in particular) and tedious. This mission feels like took the worse qualities of Doom 3 and System Shock 2, rolled them into one, and threw them into Thief. All there is to this mission is get key, find door, perhaps repair something and avoid enemies spawned right on top of you that use special effects taken straight from Doom 3, find another key, then rinse and repeat 17 times. That's horror all right, but not the kind the contest was shooting for.

I don't want to or mean to derail this thread, but I had to vent. I was extremely disappointed by it.

Clearinghouse
    It's REALLY awesome mission!!!

p.s. Two AI and treebeast floating in air.

Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast