TTLG|Thief|Bioshock|System Shock|Deus Ex|Mobile
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: A Keeper's Betrayal Mar. 21/03

Nevermind :)

spoiler:
    I went at it from another angle and it slashed

Another question: I'm playing on expert, I've finished all but the loot objective and the objective to find the golden skull. I'm certain I missed something obvious. Anyone want to give a hint?

Also, how about a hint for:
    spoiler:
    getting from Keeper B's office right to the room where we find him? I know it has something to do with that thing over his desk...

Thanks! I quite enjoyed this mission!

Cheers,
    -M
    Your mileage may vary

Thiefmissions.com

v2.0 released

theImmortalThief sent me version 2.0 of his mission and I've updated my archive. The URL didn't change: http://thiefmissions.com/info.cgi?m=betrayal

I believe he's going out of town and since it took me so long to get to this update he's probably already left so I'm making this update myself. I'm not sure exactly what was fixed other than "a few bugs", so I suppose you'll just have to give it a try. Have fun!

[Edited to include proper thiefmissions.com URL]

First of all: A Keeper's Betrayal Version 2.0 is now available for Download!
    In this version the loot bug and the climbing out the pipe problem have been fixed.

Here are a few hints about your questions, Melissa. I recommend you read the first hint and then give it try and don't read the second hints unless you're sure you can't find them, just so that the fun doesn't get spoiled.
    Hint 1 (Golden skull):
    spoiler:
    Search the antique dealer's bedroom.

If you still can't find it, Hint 2 (Golden skull):
    spoiler:
    There is switch on the picture fram over his bed.

The complete Loot list by nightwalker can be downloaded here.

As for your second question:
    spoiler:
    Go down the stairs at the room near the library and search rooms doiwn there very carefully.

Still couldn't find:
    spoiler:
    There's a switch and a secret door behind a few boxs in the storage room down there.
    FM in Progress: Bane III
    Previous FMs: CoSaS III- THE NINE YEAR SLEEP (content released), Keep of Deceit, Cult of the Damned and A Keeper's Betrayal.

Thiefmissions.com

I converted the loot list to HTML and added it to my archive: http://thiefmissions.com/lootlists/betrayal.html

Thanks Jason. There's only one little problem. The loot in V 2.0 has changed a little tiny bit. I don't know had to edit those charts so if somebody would willing to edit them these are the changes:
    spoiler:
    1. A mask loot in the antique dealer's secret stash. (worth 50)
    2. Two Gemstones in the third keeper's footlocker. (each worth 100)
    3. Keeper Bouran's secret room. (Gold urn's value changed from 300 to 150)
    Previous FMs: CoSaS III- THE NINE YEAR SLEEP (content released), Keep of Deceit, Cult of the Damned and A Keeper's Betrayal.

I'll send Jason a fixed copy sometime today.

d. 30.4.16 Always remembered
    In the Keeper compound

spoiler:
    I passed through the experiment area, I found the passage behind the crates and opened the first door, but....where can I find the key for the second door?

Thank you.

I really like this mission, expecially the Keepers Compound!

Hay if you are having problems getting out of the octagonal tank that you have to jump into just go download version 2. I thought I would have to start the whole mission over again but it did not get rid of my saves so I was able to start up where I left off. I can now climb out of the tank.
    I am really haveing a fun time with this mission. Lots of atmosphere. Now I gotta get back to the game.

Hmm, I don't know what spot I have missed but I can't find the other key to that door in the compound. I've got Bouron's key.
    I've searched the temple, the priests and many other places, but no key
    "why be normal when you're happy as crazy?"
    -->My webpage<--

The Mechanists key:

spoiler:
    Get the warehouse safe key from the Mechanist priests quarters (he's the sleeping one, with the nice balcony). Go to the Warehouse on the docs and open the safe there. His key is inside that safe.

I've played and finished this one (version one), but I have a couple of questions...

spoiler:
    After confronting and killing the fallen keeper, I noticed there's a locked door on the balcony. I tried for twenty-odd minutes to mantle/jump up onto the balcony, but couldn't get up there. My questions are:
    1) Does this door lead anywhere?
    2) Was this problem addressed in version 2?

I couldn't find a way to open that door either, but you can get up on the balcony. If you look at the ceiling, there's a chunk of plaster missing and it's wood underneath, so you can use a rope arrow.

Hi, sorry if this is a stupid question, but i'm in that room and haven't completed all of the previous objectives. However, I can't retrace my steps as the grate is closed behind me. Is there anyway to reopen this grate?

Have you killed the guy up on the platform? I think that it opens after that, though I'm not positive.

Originally posted by schma
    The Mechanists key:

spoiler:
    Get the warehouse safe key from the Mechanist priests quarters (he's the sleeping one, with the nice balcony). Go to the Warehouse on the docs and open the safe there. His key is inside that safe.
    I've done that and I'm afraid that's not the key to the door. I've got the latest version.
    Strange..
    -->My webpage<--

If you have the right key, it should be labeled "Malvyne's key". I've played the second version and both keys worked fine for me. "Bouron's Key" opens the first door and "Malvyne's" the second door.

I've had Malvyne's key for quite a while..
    The strange thing is that I tried that key on the second door, and when it didn't work I ran around town for an hour trying to find the "right" key. Offcourse it was my own silly fault. I went back and decided to try the key once more, then it worked.
    Don't know why it didn't work the first time

But eh.. how do you kill Bouron? I've slashed him with the sword a hundred times, fired a fire arrow and shooting regular arrows at him.
    Is there something with those tiny black holes in the wall?
    -->My webpage<--

Nightwalker,
    I'm glad to see my inability to open the door is not just due to my ineptitude. I had a look in Dromed, and there's no room or anything behind it. Also the bottom of the door is "buried" in the floor, so I'm guessing it just cannot be opened. Of course, that being said, I expect a post from Azal or Luthien stating that they opened it and found a whole new secret mission behind it!
    As for getting up on the platform, thanks for pointing our what should have been obvious to me. I saw the plaster on the floor and kept wondering, "What the hell is that? " After your post I saw the exposed wood on the ceiling.

Goldie, I was kind of wondering the same thing myself. I DID finally manage to kill him with my sword, but it wasn't easy. I had to use a healing potion to stay healthy enough to survive. He's difficult to hit and my sword just went right through him half the time. All I can tell you is that it CAN be done, just keep trying. Maybe someone else has figured out an easier way to get rid of him. If so, hopefully they'll post.

Thanks for clearing up the confusion about that door, Skulduggerist. It had a lot of people (including me) wondering if we'd missed something.

Yeah I did kill Bouron, I just shot him from the shadows and eventually he went down. Perhaps I killed him too early and so the door grate doesn't reopen?

Happy to be of service, NW. Goodness knows you've helped me enough times, and it's high time I returned the favor. Regarding the keeper, I just peeked around the corner and 1)lit him up with my one and only fire arrow and then 2)slung arrows at him until he died. It probably took about a dozen broadheads after the initial fire arrow, so he's definitely been eating his Wheaties(tm). The grate opens after he's dead, but I noticed that if you leave the keeper's room and reenter it the grate closes again. I haven't found a way to get it to open the second time, since the keeper can only be killed once.

I found an alternative way to kill the Keeper, which some people may find easier. First I tried my fire arrow and broad heads, but apparently I had wasted too many shooting at spiders. He was still standing when I ran out and I hate swordfighting, so I reloaded and tried a different strategy:

I ran in quickly and shot a rope arrow into the exposed wood, then quickly climbed up the rope. He noticed me, but is rather slow at shooting, so I was able to get in to position unharmed. Next I dropped down onto the balcony, ran around behind him and blackjacked the little sucker! Once he was down, killing him was easy (if rather unsporting). Considering the light in the room, I was suprised how easy it was to blackjack him, and his slow attack means that even if it takes a little while, you can eventually take him down. I find this strategy much easier than hacking at him while he shoots at me and only slightly more despicable than shooting him from the shadows.

Enjoy!

Trouble on the docks

I cant seem to find the clue left behind by the keeper . I have searched the docks over and over..I did find the key at the bottom of the water. Am I missing something ?? Is it a bug. Please help Also there is a hall upstairs in one of the buildings and three rooms I can get two doors open but the one on the end I cant..can you help with that ??

I'm not sure which building you mean in the question about the door you can't open. Can you be a bit more specific about where the building is? As for the clue the Keeper left for you, you need to go down in the sewers to the room with the spiders walking around the outside. Dive down and check the walls for a hole.

Just in case you haven't found your way into the sewers yet, the key you found in the water by the docks will unlock the door into them. From the docks, go past the front of the church, turn left through the archway, down to the next right and the sewer door is on the left, partway through that tunnel.

Hey there! I couldn't reply recently because I had gone on a two week trip.
    there is a hall upstairs in one of the buildings and three rooms I can get two doors open but the one on the end I cant..can you help with that ??
    I think you're talking about the inn. Your problem with the third door will be solved if you follow nightwalker's instructions in her last post.

If you're slashing Bouron with your sword try slashing him in the stomach. If you're using arrows then there shouldn't be much problem. I've boosted Bouron's health so don't worry if it takes some time to kill him.

The grate opens after he's dead, but I noticed that if you leave the keeper's room and reenter it the grate closes again. I haven't found a way to get it to open the second time,
    *smacks forehead* I simply didn't think about the possibilty of someone entering a second time after killing Bouron. Fixing it is pretty simple but because of problems I have uploading please excuse me if I don't fix this minor problem.

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast