TTLG|Thief|Bioshock|System Shock|Deus Ex|Mobile
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: A Keeper's Betrayal Mar. 21/03

Ghost

Review

[theImmortalThief]

Okay, here's your review:

http://www.thief-thecircle.com/missi...epersbetrayal/

No screenshots because somebody didn't send me any!

Dafydd

End of Keeper's Betrayal--stuck

OK, I have
    spoiler:
    killed the Keeper leader. I did this from below him by blinding, climbing up the rope, KO'ing, and then stabbing to death.

But now I am stuck in that room.
    spoiler:
    I have no key that will open the door behind where the enemy was.
    I guess I need one. ?

Also, when I climb up the
    spoiler:
    rope in to the ceiling, on the way back down, I can hear the sound of the gate closing again.
    But this could be irrelevant.

Well, unless you tell me of some miracle, I guess I am stuck.

Nevertheless... Good mod, thanks for your work.

Domhnall - The mission should end at the point. You must have one of the other objectives uncompleted. I believe
    spoiler:
    that the gate is supposed to open after you kill the bad guy but it doesn't always seem to work. If that's the case for you, then yes, you are probably stuck.
    Just use "Ctrl+Alt+Shift+End" to complete the mission if you want to see your stats.

correct-- I don't have the skull...

Oh well...

I think I know what's happened.
    Did you manage to get to the top of the stone thingy on the ceiling? Well, I can't exactly remember but that place might actually be outside of the roombrush linked to the gate.
    The gate has been scripted to close after you "enter" the roombrush and reopen after Bouron is killed. By going out of the roombrush and reentering at the ceiling the gate closes again but with no bouron to kill, it remains closed.

dafydd, Have you been receiving my emails? I answered every mail of yours and in the last one I sent some links to some screenshots. Anyway, Thanks for the review!

So has this happened to anyone else? Is it fixable for others?

I liked the mod.
    spoiler:
    I am curious why you allowed Keepers to be killed. It also seemed that on Expert, the Keeper hold should have been harder than it was. I'm no master of the game and I knocked out/killed everyone with only moderate difficulty. I usually think it's dumb when Garrett can't kill guards or thieves, but Keepers?

Anyway--great mod. Thanks!

How do I kill the Keeper Bouron?

I have achieved all the objectives in this game and have found whom I beleive to be Keeper Bouron (on the balcony in the secret chamber where the gate locks you in). How do I kill him????

spoiler:
    If you look at the ceiling, you'll see a spot where you can put in a rope arrow. That allows you to get up onto the platform with him. I just killed him with my sword, I think, though it's not easy.

spoiler:
    I also put a stack of about 15 arrows on the body of a dead gaurd (can't remember name) in the maze. That should be enough to snipe him. But the method Nightwalker pointed out is the better way.

I must be the dumbest thief in the world...

I have nearly completed this mission. I have fulfilled all the objectives but am a little short on loot (on purpose). Before I knock off the loot objective, though, I would like to know how to get into the freakin' Weapons Shop! I've tried every way I can think of and nothing seems to work ... if a key is required, I am overlooking it somewhere. Spoiler, please? Pretty please? I can't believe I've done all the tough things in this mission, found all the secrets, etc., but can't get in there! ^laughing at self^

I really, REALLY enjoyed this FM, and normally I dislike city missions because they are more difficult for me. If anyone would like to read my thoughts on this FM, just ask and I will post them (although I do need a quick lesson on how to post spoiler information so I don't irritate anyone). I only killed myself once in this mission (by falling off a roof) and that is a record for ye olde ThiefKiller.

Did you try your lockpicks? That worked for me.

Quote Originally Posted by Nightwalker
    Did you try your lockpicks? That worked for me.
    Thanks, Nightwalker. I knew I had tried them on that door before, and when I went back I discovered that if I used the square one first, I get a "no open" click, and then I get the "no open" click on the other pick. However, if I don't use the square one first, the other pick DOES open the door. I've never encountered this before. I think it's just some strange bug because I did a restart and the picks worked as normal. I'd been using the same save all through the game before, so I guess the bug went away.

This is my first fan mission. All was going fine in Keeper's Betrayal until I got to the secret Keeper compound. Now all of the guards are invisible (or nearly so) until I'm right on top of them. Any suggestions? I'd hate to have to start over again, if I don't have to.

Donna

Welcome to the forum and FMs!

The Keepers are supposed to be hard to see. Wait until you play Equlibrium.

They are at least partially visible when in any lighted area so park yourself in the shadows nearby and wait. You'll be able to see them then and sneak up behind them to blackjack them if you want to. Also, you can still hear them walking so that's helpful. Mostly you just have to save often and pay a lot of attention to the spots where you see them as well as doors that open and close so you can keep track of their patrol routes. You can do it!

Thanks Nightwalker! I'll keep at it.

Donna

A little help please.

Playing expert.
    I am in the keepers part of the mission. KO'ed all of them already.
    I have the two key's, found the hammer priest before I came here and read his diary. So where's the basement ? Cant find it
    All objectives completed except loot(need 1800) kill bouran and find earth bane.
    TIA
    PS: Sorry if this was answered elsewhere. I read through them the four pages and did not see this unless I missed it somewhere.

OK, once again I'm stuck on something SO obvious that no-one else ever posted about it... WHERE IS THE SEWER KEY!? I just got the key from the safe inside the warehouse and see the sewer exit...am I supposed to get the sewer key later on OR is it in the Watch Station like the note outside the gate says? I've completed pretty much everything so far...I think I have all 3 secrets too. But that stupid Sewer Key eludes me...Please help!

PS- aside from this problem this mission is fantastic!!!! I'm even more embarrassed about recommending a 'ghost' forum to Dafydd after reading his post...How this mission can be ghosted is absolutely incredible...

The sewer key is
    spoiler:
    inside a sewer office or station. I can't remember if there's one someplace else. The easiest way into the sewers is from the roof above the Weapons Shop. There's a lever on the wall up there that opens a door into the attic and you can climb down into the sewers from there.

Thanks Nightwalker! I'll head back that way tonight after activating the secret in Sluggs' "Ferrying The Iceman"...I've got 3 missions going on right now and want to finish them tonight!

Playing on expert.
    All objectives except 1800 loot, fine earth bane and kill keeper err whatever his name is.
    I am having a mind blockage or something agh!
    Where the hell do I use the two keys ?
    I haven't lost my mind,
    I have it backed up on disk.
    Oops bad sectors! Damn floppys!
    ICQ#1747197

So you're in the Keeper Compound?
    spoiler:
    Make sure you complete the loot objective BEFORE you enter the area where you kill Bouron. Otherwise the mission may not work properly. Have you found Bouron's Key yet? There's a secret room in Keeper Bouron's rooms. Once you're in there, slash the tapestry. If you already have that key, go back to the Library and down to the basement. Move the boxes in the storage room at the end of the jail.
    There's a loot list here if you need it.

OMG I am blind. Its Official

It was so dark in there I never even saw the door to the basement lol.
    I tend to miss the things right under my nose.
    Thanks for the tip.
    I haven't lost my mind,
    ICQ#1747197

LOL, you're not blind Thelvyn! This is a very hard mission with a lot of difficult to find places...I never knew you could even get on top of the Weapon Shop...I went back that night NW helped me out and I was like, Huh? What? Get on THIS?!?

Plus it took another night to find out that door you just mentioned. Big mission + Lots of places to go = Getting stuck somewhere!

Archivist

Necromancy!

I've never played it before, and because the sequel is almost ready, i felt it was time to see what I missed

Thank you for this fine mission ImmortalThief

One of the things I liked the most is the story. It's a more complicated then it seems at first, and there are some good readables to be found. So compliments to you and Der Dok.

The mission was larger then I expected, with a good variation in locations. Infiltrating the Keeper Compound was my favorite part.

Expect for some hard to find switches I didn't had much trouble finding my way through.

Some things feel like they could have been worked out better, like the confrontation with Keeper Bouron for example, but overall this is a good mission. I'm looking forward to the second Part.

Statistics
    Difficulty: Expert
    Time Taken: 2 hours 27 minutes 56 seconds
    Loot Found: 1969 out of 2181
    Secrets Found: 2 out of 3

Wow two year old thread gets brought back to life.
    At least I still remember this one, I spent a whole day looking for that door it seemed!

I still find missions that are old as sin I havent played sometimes. One of these days just gonna have to go through em one at a time and see. I have so many to go through though! Everytime I reinstall windows I lose the finished! check in darkloader. Sometimes I get halfway into a mission before I realize I already played and beat it now thats a poor memory for you :P I used to have a shirt that said I suffer from CRS and its true!

Edit: Why is it that sometimes my sig shows and sometimes it doesnt even though I always check it ??
    I haven't lost my mind,
    ICQ#1747197

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast