TTLG|Thief|Bioshock|System Shock|Deus Ex|Mobile
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Obligatory Prison Mission July 7/07

Thanks

Finished!! This was a great mission!!!! Hats off to the author!!! Thank You

Quote Originally Posted by nickie View Post
    Sticky Fingers - I think
    spoiler:
    Martillo's room is in the factory area, in area with tallish oblong tower. A key in there will let you get some weapons.

There's only one
    spoiler:
    travelling type and if you sneak past the first area and follow him after he comes down the steps and goes into the tower area you'll come to Martillo's room

PS Just saw a post in another thread about pming Nightwalker re: changing thread titles. OOOoooops. Sorry.

i can only find Martillo's office is it the same ?
    can't find no key
    any clues?
    I may be blind But I found my way

Finished!

That's a very nice traditional Thief FM.

One unexpected thing happened:

spoiler:
    In Block A, there's a Hammerite in one of the cells. Not wanting to leave him to his fate, I unlocked his cell and went on my way. Shortly afterwoods I heard explosions - 'oh no', I thought, 'that combat bot must have got him'. I went back, but found the combat bot disabled and the Hammerite, very much alive, standing in the middle of the Cell Block and reciting poetry!

Click here for a screenshot.

The Honest Thief - FMs, screenshots, DromED, links

Zaccheus' hospital blog

Presumably the bot blew itself up.

I liked the readme in that section which reads along the lines of "Hammerite in cell #, why has he been left with his hammer?"

Presumably this was to cover up the author's inability to remove it but it was still quite amusing.

spoiler:
    Nice little mission but a little frustrating if you don't find Martello (I didn't) and hence your weapons. One of the main clues to Martello's location is in the offices which you can't really read without your weapons! Kinda catch 22 situation.
    D'Oh!

sexypat
    spoiler:
    Sorry, I thought there was a key in there, and yes his room is his 'makeshift office'. I know I made a lot more progress after being to that room so something set me off!

I'm sorry, I don't write down where I find things - think I shall add a little black book to my Thief tools, then I might be more useful.

Quote Originally Posted by The_Dude View Post
    Presumably the bot blew itself up.
    Yes, but I never would have expected it.

I liked the readme in that section which reads along the lines of "Hammerite in cell #, why has he been left with his hammer?"

Presumably this was to cover up the author's inability to remove it but it was still quite amusing.
    Same for one of the blue coats.

spoiler:
    Nice little mission but a little frustrating if you don't find Martello (I didn't) and hence your weapons. One of the main clues to Martello's location is in the offices which you can't really read without your weapons! Kinda catch 22 situation.
    D'Oh!
    spoiler:
    Why couldn't you search the upstairs offices without your weapons?

Why couldn't you search the upstairs offices without your weapons?
    Whenever I set foot on the marble floors the mechanist came after me. Mind you I had loud music on at the time which is not a good way to play thief.

I got through that by crouching and then tapping 's' briefly, waiting, tapping 's' briefly, waiting; that way you can move without making any sound at all.

That robot kept bumping into me though, so I had to reload a few times.

Cool pic *Zaccheus*. I didn't pay much attention to the other prisoners, they kept giving me away! - I'm inspired to have a go myself to see if the same thing happens.

Whenever I set foot on the marble floors the mechanist came after me. Mind you I had loud music on at the time which is not a good way to play thief.
    I jumped over the marble from carpet to carpet.

can't find armoury keys

Quote Originally Posted by shadows View Post
    I jumped over the marble from carpet to carpet.
    i can't find the key for the armoury with my weapons

where is that key ?
    I may be blind But I found my way

spoiler:
    Go to the factory (bottom of the stairs).

Quote Originally Posted by sexypat View Post
    i can't find the key for the armoury with my weapons

where is that key ?
    Go to the top floor. The one with the marble floor.
    Take the left fork and search around the office cubicles.

Wonder if the key
    spoiler:
    the proper/main key which leads to weapons and not a note!
    location depends on difficulty level.

nickie, I've only played this on expert ...

spoiler:
    ... there is a guy in the factory walking around with a gas mask on (like in T2's Kidnap mission); he has the key on him.

Thanks *Zaccheus* - I was musing to myself out loud! I was playing on hard which is unusual for me and I think I found it
    spoiler:
    in Martillo's office. I'm sure it wasn't on your bloke though
    But I've a lousy memory, mostly because at the moment I'm kinda jumping back into different fms to try different things so get even more confused than normal.

Still haven't managed your feat yet, got distracted elsewhere when I realised I still had a locked door I hadn't opened. Now that reminds me ...!

Just checked the key bit and
    spoiler:
    definitely found the Cell Block C armoury key in Martillo's office in the factory area.
    Last edited by nickie; 12th Jul 2007 at 10:09.

That was a wonderful sneaky mission... Thank you very much!

Okay; I must be having massive brain fade, but for the life of me I can't find a way out of the prison!!

Help, please? Thanks!

A very nice mission. I put (almost) everyone to sleep which made it easier, and I will now try to do it the real thiefy way. Secretly, I hope.....

Just one question though. I have no idea where to look for the secret and I have been everywhere, I think.

Any suggestions would be very much appreciated.

The secret is
    spoiler:
    down where the bridge goes over the lava; you'll see that towards the middle of the bridge there's a section that looks like it leads to another entrance, but the walkway has collapsed. If you take a running jump and hit it just right you can make it to the opposite side. Go thru the doorway and the secret is at the end of the tunnel. Good luck getting back over: it's a tough one!

That's assuming the secret is the same on every difficulty level (I've been playing on 'Hard'.)

I'm still looking for a way out of the prison.

Thanks - that's one place I didn't attempt (I hate lava). Sound pretty difficult.

The way out is
    spoiler:
    in the highest level, where the bot is patrolling
    Last edited by Lyril; 5th Aug 2007 at 00:12. Reason: more info

You're most welcome. And yes, it is a difficult jump over to the secret - but it's even more difficult jumping back to the main walkway. I gave up after several tries & just contented myself with the fact that I knew where the secret was. Maybe you'll have better luck!

Quote Originally Posted by Lyril View Post
    Thanks - that's one place I didn't attempt (I hate lava). Sound pretty difficult.
    spoiler:
    I used a speed potion to get there and found a speed potion when I got there.

BTW, for some reason I can't see page 3 in this thread, so I might not be able to read any responses.

I'm having the same problem with page 3.

Btw Zaccheus, where's the way out of the prison, please? I think I'm going in circles at this point.

Thanks!

Clearinghouse
    A very nice mission
    I have bug: Inquisitor's Key floating in air.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast