TTLG|Thief|Bioshock|System Shock|Deus Ex|Mobile
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Obligatory Prison Mission July 7/07

Quote Originally Posted by Dia View Post
    I'm having the same problem with page 3.
    I've just found this thread which explains what's going on:
    http://www.ttlg.com/forums/showthread.php?t=114515

Quote Originally Posted by Dia View Post
    Btw Zaccheus, where's the way out of the prison, please? I think I'm going in circles at this point.
    spoiler:
    Go all the way up the stairs which are near the starting point. When you get to the offices, turn right. There's a big barred gate where a lone guard patrols, approach that gate.
    Last edited by *Zaccheus*; 5th Aug 2007 at 14:50.

Thanks ever so, Zaccheus!

d. 30.4.16 Always remembered
    I played on normal and I finished the FM. (BTW, pretty cool mission, compliments to the author ) but I wasn't able to enter in the green big pipe in the factory area.
    Was there a key that I didn't find or I just wasn't supposed to go there because I was playing on normal?

Thanks in advance.

bump!

At least can anyone tell me where the big pipe key was found on hard and expert?

On Expert the Sewer Lock key is found on Brother' Trombus' desk in his office (in the Office area). I think it may be in the same place on Hard.

I enjoyed this small prison FM. Turns out I'd already explored the way out earlier in mission, but promptly forgot! The one haunt that I did encounter was dispatched easily enough, so that didn't detract from my overall enjoyment. I'd definitely like to see more FMs from this author.

Thanks for your hard work Maver1ck; very much appreciated.

Quote Originally Posted by Nightwalker View Post
    On Expert the Sewer Lock key is found on Brother' Trombus' desk in his office (in the Office area). I think it may be in the same place on Hard.
    Many thanks Nightwalker . In fact I took a look in Dromed and the key was supposed to be there only on hard and expert.....

I still don't understand why some authors don't allow all the players who choose to play on normal to enjoy the whole mission.....at least they should warn the players in the readme.

Nice mission anyway.

Quote Originally Posted by Lady Rowena View Post
    I still don't understand why some authors don't allow all the players who choose to play on normal to enjoy the whole mission.....
    I've also wondered the very same thing. What is the reasoning behind limiting options on the easiest difficulty setting?

Also agreed that such limitations should be noted.

This was a very nice mission espcially for the small zip file. I didn't find all of the loot, but still had enough. The combat bot at the end has Deathstage 12, and the little pagan girl's cell key is the same as the silver key. I wish the keys were labeled. This was lots of fun and inspiration for my prison breakout FM.

Quote Originally Posted by john9818a View Post
    This was lots of fun and inspiration for my prison breakout FM.
    I can hardly wait!! I've truly enjoyed all your other FMs, so am looking forward to this one with anticipation.

Well .......

Is it done yet???

How 'bout now?

Wait .... you are talking about an FM you're currently working on, right? Or did you release a jailbreak FM and I wasn't paying attention??
    Last edited by Dia; 18th Aug 2007 at 20:20.

Not to hijack the thread, but in short... it will be after the one I'm currently working on even though some of it has been completed.

Anyway I like the suspense of the Obligatory Prison mission... something you usually don't get from a city mission.

WHAT do I do with the
    spoiler:
    Power Generator ??? (sorry, I forgot) part in the part with the skeletons, áfter the lava part ...? I got the papers, so I also must have the key, but I really don't know what to do anymore!

I already used my speed potion to avoid the nasty arrows in one of the armour rooms, so I gues I can't get to one secret at least?!

Gloria Creep
    There're angels who playThief and angels who don't ........ both go to heaven ............
    Dare to join .............

Just a little update to this thread...

Quote Originally Posted by Lightningline View Post
    Go here

http://www.southquarter.com/fms/

Click on date and it will be the second mission from the bottom. It's called prisonmission.zip

If anyone would still like to download this mission...by clicking on date as directed by our good friend Lightningline...you will now need to look higher from bottom as more FM's have been listed, so pushing it up more. Thanks for the link and due to reading this thread I decided I wanted to try it now as well.

Playing Hard Mode and confused a bit

I' ve been running around a bit, getting chased a bit but so far have stayed out of trouble except once, when I was apparently heading towards the Mess room before I noticed directional signs and had to reload. Since then been trying to locate Armoury key.

Note: I will have to come back to finish this as my Tech has come in to put more memory in this old machine for me.

EDIT: To continue...I inadvertantly ended up downstairs (Factory) and saw worker using his switch to cool down machinery...so I understand what I'll need to do there for a quest...however, am I to understand
    spoiler:
    the key I'm after is in that space as well, and not upstairs in offices?

Also
    spoiler:
    because I went upstairs where guy with mask patrols...he started coming my way while I was trying to hide up there, I had to run and dropped down over the edge and landed in space where another switch was and threw it...got out to hide around the corner in another darkened area near water tank. Another guy entered area to where that switch was and he started using that one...however, it will be working opposite the way he would have used it otherwise...don't know if that will have an effect either way later? Since I was there I decided to investigate water tank and was able to find 4 water arrows...that should help me some till I find armoury key! I was able to leave that whole area safely and now my save is upstairs near Offices.
    . I've had a look from both doorways and see what's there more or less. Guess the one on the right side, is not to be used yet...and basically still would need to go into the other for some other stuff, etc.
    spoiler:
    Sure hope more water arrows and maybe a moss arrow to two will be available as there are sure enough Bots to be found in this game!
    . Please advise if I'm getting this right or what I might need to do differently. Thank you.
    Last edited by The Fire Eater; 25th Aug 2007 at 16:02. Reason: Finish posting my message

Well it depends on which armoury key you're looking for. On hard the real key with real weapons (Cell block C armoury key) is in Martillo's room/office down in the Factory area

I'd still like to know who Maver1ck is. This must be the first fm I've played where the author has remained anonymous and I'm intrigued. Obviously of course, s(he) has a perfect right. But this was a lot of fun and I thoroughly enjoyed it. I very much hope there'll be more.
    Last edited by nickie; 25th Aug 2007 at 16:07.

Thanks for trying to help Nickie but I just don't understand where this "office" is downstairs to be located exactly?
    spoiler:
    Is it inside where worker is cooling down machinery or elsewhere? I see no other possibility unless it's to be found in that large tunnel near water tank that has a lock to open large vault type door? If so, then I would need to get different key for that one first, which I apparently seem to find in office upstairs with small bot patrolling and a Mechanist behind partial wall.
    Is this correct and/or what's incorrect? Thank you again for helpers.

Yup - I think that's what he's doing.
    spoiler:
    There's a tall tower in that area as well as that so hopefully that will help with identifying it.There's a travelling type in the area who comes down the steps to the left if you're looking ahead at the bloke moving levers (?) and if you sneak past the first area and follow him after he comes down the steps and goes into the tower area you'll come to Martillo's room/office, again on your left.

Welll, I guess...

somehow, I just didn't see a way into that area, although I did note a tower on left side of wood walkway (one of those large brownish types with the gold shield type insignia or whatever it's design is called?). Must be the area your referring to? So thanks Nickie and will try to see if I can get this done.

Its been quite a while since I played this. I remember going down some stairs, near some
    spoiler:
    bot things
    and coming to an area where I could see straight ahead through the doorway (I think I had to open a gate or something similar) to
    spoiler:
    a mech walking round a room moving some levers. I could also move the levers if I wanted. To the left of that were some stairs coming down, which, if I went up them led me round a factory area with various people doing various things. And if I didn't go up them but just followed the mech doing his rounds, I came to Martillo's room in the next 'room'.

So sorry I can't be more specific. Maybe someone else can give decent directions.

Just read your edited post and you're definitely in the right area which you correctly describe as factory. I believe on expert only
    spoiler:
    the key is in the offices.

PS I now have to get an early night for an early start so hopefully someone else can help you with any more questions.
    Last edited by nickie; 25th Aug 2007 at 17:03.

Ok...that parts done and....

guess I need some new helpers. I got my goodies and now feel a bit more in control of things somewhat. Sure feels good to get BJ back in hands!

However, I also manuvered my way back to inquisitor's area as well as mess hall via the back stairs and KO'd all including patrol folks. Only Bot's still roaming passages. Have not entered cell areas for A, B, D. Now my two main questions are:
    spoiler:
    Do I need to get into the large tunnel with locked vault type door, if so where is key? Do I need a key to leave via door upstairs, again where is key to be found if needed? Is it enough to turn off the one switch only for boilers, apparently needing to BJ worker so it stays off. Oh yea...what's with the elevator...do I need to access/use it for some reason?
    That's pretty much it and those answers should see me to end of mission. Thank you to anyone for added assistances.

EDIT: I think I've misunderstood about where and what I need to do about boiler area,
    spoiler:
    rather than using switch where worker is cooling machinery...it seems I need to go elsewhere related to swimming...and I don't understand about skeleton...I did not see one down there in factory area...so where do I find key for access to vaulted door. I did get into water tank and retrieved some water arrows but I didn't see any secret hole to swim through...did I miss something there? I did not see a key of anykind in office area...?
    Please help as I really don't want to try and run around like a chicken with my head off anymore...
    Last edited by The Fire Eater; 27th Aug 2007 at 05:44. Reason: Needed to clear-up question I was asking earlier.

Been waiting for help a couple of days and still

need help regarding original questions in above post. Plus some added info I want to include. I tried do a bit more in the meantime with little helpful progress. Made my way into Cell Block D...not much help to my situation. I then made my way again to outside of Block A...and though first time I looked into it from outside
    spoiler:
    I don't recall seeing a watcher. I noted Bot and one patrolling guard plus stationary guard (apparently right underneath watcher, I seem to recall the last time I saw that particular guard...he was further back in room and much more concealed in dark area? I don't understand this change. I also noticed something else that I hadn't spotted before...above me in my hiding area I can barely make out somekind of shape of something? My older monitor is pretty dark even with brightening up both ways. Does that feature in ceiling area have any meaning? The only switch for watcher I managed to find/make work was inside Block C's armoury (even that was tricky). Is there no way to shutoff others? Can't use fire arrow for Block A for obvious reasons.

Please someone, I really would lilke to know how to finish game...? Thank you.

Sorry Fire Eater. I knew about that key because I had trouble myself but for the rest my memory is hazy. I do know
    spoiler:
    that you have to go down the tunnel that says 'Do not enter' or similar. I can't remember where the key is though, but possibly in one of the offices. But you say you can't find one there.
    I think only that the area you're talking about, the cell area, has some loot downstairs. I think this is the area that *Zaccheus* mentioned in his post about exploding bots.

But again, I can't be sure. It is possible to sneak past the watchers though. I think also that
    spoiler:
    there's a cell area with some water in it with a female guard on a sort of platform. In that area I ran and jumped in the water and then mantled out on to the ledge. With a moss arrow or two I despatched 2 guards and then snuck around on the ledge to get rid of the standing female guard. Its possible I found the key up there, I know there was something to get.

So sorry, I've rattled on without being much help at all.

Hi Nickie...and thank you for replying!

You seem to be the only one willing to try to help and I really appreciate your effort (my memory ain't what it used to be either, so don't worry).

OK, here's the latest as I decided to try and check something else out again...namely the offices upstairs as my save actually took me back to a different area and it was easy to continue from there.

spoiler:
    I redid the first office on the left as the first time much earlier, I didn't like the way I did it and on reload, again took me elsewhere. Since I had 3 moss arrows now, I decided to redo and double check for key. Well KO'd the fem guard, got loot and no key there. Soooo, I decided to check the other side, even though I knew from before a War Bot was in there and couldn't be killed. Eventually, I was successful in getting in one of the other offices...and got Valdi(something)'s key (somekind of main key for armour room, think it's for "A" room, note says not for "C" or "B" (actually don't even think there's a "B" cell block, same like no Elevator)? Anyway to get across hall to other room, shot a regular arrow down towards main entry...that was enough time for me to scoot across while it investigated noise (didn't want to use noisearrow(s) right now as I may need them more later on). That was the room that has sewer key...ta da!

Now for the big problem...getting out safely! Author should really have made a bit longer hallway so you have a realistic opportunity to dodge Bot
    spoiler:
    since you can't put it out of commission...and then you have to redo that area to locate way out, apparently a door is all the way to the end of it as well as a guard there too, etc. eeeeyaah!

Well I'll try to see if I can somehow figure a method to avoid it again without getting heard or seen
    spoiler:
    so I can finally get where I need to destroy prison..heh
    ...verrry tough!!! C'ya later.

Looking for some assistance again....sigh

OK, I made it out of office area and used my key for "A"...
    spoiler:
    couple of frog eggs/loot.
    Decided to bypass Cell Block "A" since I didn't feel like messing with that area (not a total $ player) and wanted to get to my destination below.

Now here's my problem...I'm really confused at this point in the game.
    spoiler:
    Made my dive down after a lilttle searching in other rooms first. Got door picked, entered and found one switch, activated it and then Garrett said "One down, one to go"??? Where in the blazes is that to be found? Book said something about power needed to open door as well as referral to elevator needing power to use. OK, I used elevator and have my save back up near large pipe. Do I really need to go over that bridge to find other generator? I thought that area was for a secret only...I also read where it required a speed potion to get over broken area and then you find another for jump back. Well I don't have a speed potion...
    so am I up a creek without a paddle? Please advise what I need to do and where? Thank you.

Once you've been down the flooded elevator shaft and turned on the aux. power, then taken the elevator back to the top, walk east, turn left and into a small office. Go through hole in wall and onto the metal walkway over the lava. Don't turn onto the broken part that leads to the secret. Instead, continue straight ahead and you'll come to a sewer hatch cover. Climb down the ladder there to find the main power generator.

I don't recall needing to use a speed potion for anything in this mission. You can use a vine arrow to cross the gap in the broken walkway. There's metal grating above it.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast