TTLG|Thief|Bioshock|System Shock|Deus Ex|Mobile
Page 8 of 13 FirstFirst ... 3456789101112 ... LastLast

Thread: T2 FM: Ultima Ratio 12 Aug 2007

Ghost
    Thanks, bob_doe_nz; I was finally able to finish -- after a huge side-quest involving some female Russian thief!

The most annoying part was -- I didn't discover the lever that opens the second gate until I had finished everything and was trucking towards the docks. I looked to the right coming out of the guardhouse, and there it was!

Yeesh. God only knows how many times I had to jump down, take a couple points damage, then go through the furshlugginer graveyard to get back inside. I even looked around the area earlier but somehow failed to spot it.

Dafydd

I found the poison arrow for Nestor in the men's bathroom, but the door in the cathedral is still locked. Is there another key hiding somewhere?

Erm, didn't you get the key from him? If not: He's sitting in the upstairs bar of the restaurant. If you shoot him with the arrow, you can take the key from him.

Ghost
    (Gt_mule, did you grab the key from nearby Nestor's body?)

I was able to ghost all of the mission except for the two killings. While killing is allowed if (a) there is a specific objective to do so, and (b) no one, including the victim, is alerted, both killings failed this two-pronged test... thus both constitute ghost busts. Neither is avoidable, either; so it's just not ghostable.

And in both cases, there were relatively easy fixes that could have rendered the whole mission ghostable, had the author wanted it to be (and had he been able to get ghost-testing support in Germany, about which I have no idea). Darn.

Most players don't like ghosting anyway; but for us few diehards who do, it's always frustrating when we can ghost nearly all of a really long and difficult mission -- except for one or two small instances where it just can't be done!

Dafydd

Well, I played 5.5 hours of the German version and was ridiculously happy to find the English version had come out once I'd got my internet back and that my saved games were fine with the translated version and I could see what I was supposed to be doing. I've finished on normal but see that expert opens up a whole new set of objectives so will definitely be coming back to play this again.

One thing though, I couldn't get into the green doors which I'm guessing was the factory. Is that right on normal or did I miss a key? I certainly missed 4 secrets. I love it when different things happen on different settings. Its like getting an extra game to play. Thanks so much for this fm MH.TheFreak - it was great, though I have lost a lot of weight with all the running around!

You can enter the factory only on hard or expert difficulty.

Thanks Mongoose.MH. Definitely worth a revisit then.

WOW! Just finished playing this last night and it was definitely worth the 4hrs. spent!!! Awesome FM, MH!! Thanks to you & all who contributed (including the translators) to this great FM! I had fun, which is what counts most when playing, right?! Thanks for all the hard work, effort, & time spent just to keep the rest of us interested, occupied, and having fun.

P.S. Sooooooo ...... when's part 2 coming out?

Quote Originally Posted by Dia View Post
    P.S. Sooooooo ...... when's part 2 coming out?
    You mean part 3, didn't you?

Sorry, I meant part 3, but my fingers were out of control. I checked Phantom's 'List of Upcoming' thread & didn't see your name listed with a work in progress. Since you obviously have now earned an unofficial 'fan' club , you owe it to your fans to create a sequel to part 2 (or the 3rd in your trilogy, however you want to word it).

P.S. I especially liked the fact that one didn't have to confront the you-know-whats in 'Normal' difficulty. Nice option for those of us who have zombiephobia.
    Last edited by Dia; 10th Nov 2007 at 18:22.

I load the mission via Garrettloader and when I attempt to play, thief 2 crashes to the desktop.

I can load other missions and play them with no issues.

Any suggestions?

Use Darkloader 4.3

great mission but the chef with the spoon killed me... can he be killed?

I tried DarkLoader and experienced the same results.

What might be the issue?

Happened to me too with the English version. Look in the zip file and delete the 2 movie - .avi files. Start again and should be OK.

Thanks Nickie - that was it.

Must be my DivX settings or something.

Help, I've done everything I have read here in the forums, Ultima Ratio keeps crashing on me. I've upgraded Darkloader to 4.3, I've removied the movies, I've even downloaded this mission from every possible place I could find it. Does anyone know why I'm still having problems running the mission while others seem to be able to after making the changes I have? Thanks for any information. I'm running with Windows Xp.

Gustav's room key ?

What do I do with Gustav's room key?
    spoiler:
    I found it in Anuschkas room...

Acolyte6 - go back to the hotel by the weapon shop and open the only door you couldn't open with it

Well, I seem to have solved my problem on my own. In case this is happening to others, here is what I did:
    Downloaded the german version and placed in my "fan mission" folder for Darkloader.
    Started the game and it worked althought I couldn't read any objectives, I saved immediately at this point. Quit the game and downloaded the english version and replaced the geran version in the folder with the english one.
    Went back to darkloader and clicked play...when the start/load screen appeared, I loaded in the save I made when the german version was working...lo and behold, the game loaded at my "save" with all the english objectives visible.
    Now I'm off to play Ultima Ratio, YAHOO!!!!!

Same problem here, Slam

I'll try your solution. Thanks for posting it!

Quote Originally Posted by WildWilbur View Post
    One of the scrolls or books in the factory tells you that
    spoiler:
    the sleeping guard in the front room has found a key but didnīt dare to pick it up. The factory boss asked for a lost key and appeared to be sad. The key is near one of the crates in the outer courtyard lying on the ground. There lies a healing potion nearby.

I need the key for the safe in the office in the factory. I have looked everywhere out by the crates. What gives??? This mission is getting pretty boaring roaming around getting nothing done.
    The note by the sleeping guars also mentions leaving a key someware else. I looked like crazy there to.
    Last edited by Lightningline; 21st Nov 2007 at 20:07.

This is a really fun city mission, MH! Good texturing, lighting & atmosphere.

Does anyone know where I can find the
    spoiler:
    key for the board of directors room? I'm playing on 'Hard'.

Found it at 2:30 am. Can't remember where now. But it's called "police room".
    Last edited by redleaf; 22nd Nov 2007 at 21:15. Reason: found it

Bump !!!

bobber:
    You found the key for the factory
    spoiler:
    INSIDE the factory?
    How did you get in there? I can't locate a key or find any other way inside (playing on hard)

varunb:
    You don't have to lose any health getting into the second area of the mission. After climbing through the broken window, you hop down onto a crate, then a ledge.
    spoiler:
    Face away from the window, turn to your left, and mantle UP onto another roof area. You can enter this building (like a gatehouse with guards in it) and WALK downstairs into the second area.

Sheesh! I'm missing a lot of keys. Guess I need stronger glasses or a bigger monitor !!!

Bump???

Page 8 of 13 FirstFirst ... 3456789101112 ... LastLast