TTLG|Jukebox|Thief|Bioshock|System Shock|Deus Ex|Mobile
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: A note from Ken Levine

Irrational Games

A note from Ken Levine

If you're going to buy the game this week, I highly recommend you stay away from any forums that might have spoilers until you play the game through. Our goal in making the game was to thrill and, often, surprise you.

Please don't ruin other people's experience by revealing secrets in unmarked threads, and if you want to enjoy the game to its fullest, stay away from any threads that might ruin the fun for you. With a game like BioShock, it will really make a difference.

Best,

Ken

Thanks, Ken. Saw you post more or less the same @ 2K...

Griefers suck. I'm looking forward to playing this even more than I did SS2. I've seen more than I really wanted to see, but not enough to wreck it.

I'm supposed to be futzing with my legacy box for an honorary SS2 run, not posting here. Thanks for carrying the quality gaming torch for us.

Being european and having to wait until friday will make that even harder, I'll have to stay off the internet, stop going to work.

:/

does snape kill dumbledore?

Quote Originally Posted by Eldron View Post
    Being european and having to wait until friday will make that even harder, I'll have to stay off the internet, stop going to work.

:/
    Indeed, may have to disconnect the damn net just because of where we live. Why on earth are we having to wait till friday Ken, what bizzare occult rules means games have to be released on friday in europe.

Quote Originally Posted by Flash Johnson View Post
    does snape kill dumbledore?
    What'd be the point? Dumbledore is a Cylon, he'd just download to a new body.

Too bad this got posted late. That idiot spoiler ruined the ending for me. But I'm sure I'll still enjoy the game. But I still have to vent my anger at Microsoft for a stupid idea.

F***ing Microsoft and your F***ing sucksboxthrees***ty.

True words Ken.
    I have been spoiled already a couple of times from some morons in other forums. Happily it were just some "minor" spoilers and not really related to the storyline.

I truly hate this stuff. There is nothing more important than the storyline in a videogame like this. I really don't understand some people. They are waiting months to play this game and then they spoil themselfs through thousands of videos - and then of course spoil everyone else too.

Well this fucking sucks.. I HATE SPOILERS! WTF IS WRONG WITH PEOPLE? If smeone can get me an IP I can see where they live and I will kill them if they live in europe..

Well, Mr. Levine, its very kind to warn us AFTER posting spoilers yourselves. I mean, surely you knew that the achievements list being released contained MAJOR spoilers, couldn't you not release it/warn us beforehand? THe fact that some moron waved an excerpt from the list is merely the result of such idiocy. I'm sure the game is going to be wonderful, but knowing the ending, to a certain extent, is a major spoiler for me, especially since I'm more interested in the story than the actual gameplay and the story being the main reason why I'm buying this game.

Quote Originally Posted by adam100 View Post
    Well, Mr. Levine, its very kind to warn us AFTER posting spoilers yourselves. I mean, surely you knew that the achievements list being released contained MAJOR spoilers, couldn't you not release it/warn us beforehand? THe fact that some moron waved an excerpt from the list is merely the result of such idiocy. I'm sure the game is going to be wonderful, but knowing the ending, to a certain extent, is a major spoiler for me, especially since I'm more interested in the story than the actual gameplay and the story being the main reason why I'm buying this game.
    Ähm.... the "spoiler-achievments" are secret at the beginnig, you know that?
    Blaim the Gamerscore-Pages because they have already updatet the whole achievement-list and not Irrational.

Im actually quite proud of myself. I'm one of those people who has to check spoiler sites every day for lost or heroes or something, but with Bioshock i've with-held my urge to look at the preview that IGN did about the beginning of the game, and the various videos of the begginning (and apparently one of the best moments) of the game.

I hope I can hold out till Friday

Quote Originally Posted by Palmsy View Post
    Im actually quite proud of myself. I'm one of those people who has to check spoiler sites every day for lost or heroes or something, but with Bioshock i've with-held my urge to look at the preview that IGN did about the beginning of the game, and the various videos of the begginning (and apparently one of the best moments) of the game.

I hope I can hold out till Friday
    Well, good for you. Me- I did my best not to take in any spoilers for the last few years, and now, the irony, the whole experience was spoiled by watching a thread about Bioshock coming to Steam. Now that I SHOULD have expected.

In the uk its a friday release cos the shops all get there deliveries on a thursday. Been like that for years. All though if ubi-soft had published the game then you get it on the usa release date, cos they ship it to you from france if you order games from them. But I think its cos the game is unlocked via the internet, think of the strain on the internet if everyone tried to unlock it at the same time.

Irrational Games
    Quote Originally Posted by adam100 View Post
    Nobody at IG ever released the achievement list.

I'm sorry to hear it got out there. That's exactly why i'm making these kind of warning posts.

...maybe its just me but isnt it quite obvious after reading the first line of that list that it's a spoiler? I think it's very easy to avoid spoilers most of the time by just stop reading..

Thing What Kicks
    Quote Originally Posted by Irrationallevine View Post
    Nobody at IG ever released the achievement list.

I'm sorry to hear it got out there. That's exactly why i'm making these kind of warning posts.
    I put it to you sir that you are not an "Irrational Levine" at all!
    That was a very rational response to an aggravated statement!

Quote Originally Posted by Irrationallevine View Post
    ...at IG...
    Not to twist the knife or anything, but aren't you guys Boston 2k now?

Quote Originally Posted by vurt View Post
    ...maybe its just me but isnt it quite obvious after reading the first line of that list that it's a spoiler? I think it's very easy to avoid spoilers most of the time by just stop reading..
    Well, its not like I just hit a thread named SPOILER!! right away. I didn't even know there was an achievment list present to the public before some moron waved it at me. There was little I could do...

Sorry for the hostile tone of my previous posts, perhaps Irrational isn't to blame after all, in that case, my apologies to Mr. Levine and his team. It is however, something to look into by 2k's executives. The fact that the achievement list was published without any notice to the developer/publisher combined with the irreversible damage such an action brought upon the gaming community AND most likely to 2k's financial income, this should be enough for a lawsuit. You have to teach these people some responsiblity.

Best Regards,
    Loui

Quote Originally Posted by vurt View Post
    Me too - as soon as I saw the top of that listing a stopped myself from further peeking.

Can't wait until tomorrow!

Martek

Quote Originally Posted by Malf View Post
    I put it to you sir that you are not an "Irrational Levine" at all!
    .. Because he's 2KLevine now.

JUST KIDDING. Can't wait for the game, great job. ;~)

Taking a break
    I already know a major spoiler, the "Three words" some review or other mentioned. I don't think it will impar my experience THAT much though. And knowing them, now I really see how Bioshock is really a [Censored just in case you're too smart for your own good] to [Censored just in case you're too smart for your own good].

Snape kills...

Shit, beaten to the punch. But i haven't had it spoiled yet and hopefully won't.

Someone just spoiled me the ending through PM.....
    Isn't that great?

is Best Pony
    Hope you've reported them?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast