TTLG|Thief|Bioshock|System Shock|Deus Ex|Mobile
Page 52 of 52 FirstFirst ... 2712172227323742474849505152
Results 1,276 to 1,299 of 1299

Thread: Dead Space - A new System Shock?

Quote Originally Posted by gunsmoke View Post
    Goddamn, you guys have some serious time. Chapter 4 here.
    It goes by fast when you've already done it twice, and you've kept all your upgrades. I'm kind of a tank right now. I'm literally wasting power nodes because I have nothing better to do with them.

Quote Originally Posted by Volitions Advocate View Post
    If not. Screw it, Valve will get my money.
    I'm happy to inform you Steam copies don't work currently. Problems with serial keys.

Now anyone try and tell me Steam has "gotten better" throughout the years.

Quote Originally Posted by van HellSing View Post
    I'm happy to inform you Steam copies don't work currently. Problems with serial keys.

Now anyone try and tell me Steam has "gotten better" throughout the years.
    If its serial keys that don't work that's EA's fault, not valves.

Taking the Death Toll
    Don't try to reason with vH, he's made a career out of whining nonstop about how Valve is infringing on his rights because he's Polish or something.

Chakat sex pillow
    Retail PC version of Dead Space 2's available for a measly $30 here. God bless, EA. Bought in a heartbeat.

Has anybody played the PC version and can confirm it doesn't have the framerate and control issues the first one did?

Level 10,000 achieved
    What control issues? I played with 360 pad up til chapter 8, after I switched to kb+mouse. And suddenly everything got a lot easier. The last 4 chapters were a breeeeeeze.

Pulse Rifle and Line Gun's damage upgraded to max by the end of the game. Force Gun almost there. And a highscore of 32 in Zero-G Basketball. How do you all like them apples!?

I played on medium btw. How impossible is "Impossible"? Is it doable with a new character? I'd rather not continue with the same character as that would kinda feel like cheating.

Overall, really really good game. And I am a little bit excited about this sequel now.

You have to play round 2 with the same difficulty as round 1, as far as I remember.

Quote Originally Posted by henke View Post
    What control issues? I played with 360 pad up til chapter 8, after I switched to kb+mouse. And suddenly everything got a lot easier. The last 4 chapters were a breeeeeeze.

Pulse Rifle and Line Gun's damage upgraded to max by the end of the game. Force Gun almost there. And a highscore of 32 in Zero-G Basketball. How do you all like them apples!?

I played on medium btw. How impossible is "Impossible"? Is it doable with a new character? I'd rather not continue with the same character as that would kinda feel like cheating.

Overall, really really good game. And I am a little bit excited about this sequel now.
    The first one had a very well known issue where mouse sensitivity was tied to the game's framerate. You could sort-of deal with the problem with vSync, except for then you're dealing with the fact it synced to 30 FPS.

I know it's ridiculously unlikely, but could someone with the PC version let us know if there's an option to adjust the camera angle to make it more centred?

Level 10,000 achieved
    Quote Originally Posted by Phatose View Post
    The first one had a very well known issue where mouse sensitivity was tied to the game's framerate. You could sort-of deal with the problem with vSync, except for then you're dealing with the fact it synced to 30 FPS.
    Oh, well that sucks.

Quote Originally Posted by Nameless Voice View Post
    I know it's ridiculously unlikely, but could someone with the PC version let us know if there's an option to adjust the camera angle to make it more centred?
    I played the PS3 demo and there was an option for aiming to be "centre" or "classic"

I dont' think it affects the gameplay much, moreso when you're in the positions where something is holding you and you have to shoot the puss ball to make it let go of you.

In any case. I've installed it, I just have to register it and play it...

I have a dilemma though... Just started Chapter 11 ..... do I finish or skip ahead? *nailbite*

Quote Originally Posted by Phatose View Post
    It actually wasn't that cut and dry. with Vsync on it didn't have slow movement it had delayed movement. the controls were really sluggish. Everybody who wanted vsync got past this by forcing it from their driver rather than in game. the framerate issue was a bit confusing as well, because I tried recording some of the game with fraps once, and with fraps on and the framerate constrained the mouse sensitivity was much much faster.

The game was perfectly playable at max sensitivity though.
    The way I get around it now is have a mouse with a DPI selector. I just leave the sensitivity low because If I need some breakneck sensitivity, 5600dpi will do it just fine.

Taking the Death Toll
    I have a dilemma though... Just started Chapter 11 ..... do I finish or skip ahead? *nailbite*
    You are two chapters to the end. Set aside an hour or two and finish!

*those who have yet to meet the end boss in DS1 for the first time don't read*
    Why do I suddenly suck at aiming? I decided to try finish round 1 tonight after last booting up the game back in September last year, and I can't for the life of me shoot the remaining yellow blob on the Hivemind while it holds me in the air, yet I am using the pulse gun which is the spammiest weapon in the game. I didn't have this problem on the first runthrough, I actually killed that thing twice back then because the first time I got stuck once it fell down dead. I would have been really, really pissed if the boss wasn't so predictable.

Meh, I will try again tomorrow.

I played the PS3 demo and there was an option for aiming to be "centre" or "classic"

I dont' think it affects the gameplay much, moreso when you're in the positions where something is holding you and you have to shoot the puss ball to make it let go of you.
    Sounds like that's just for where the shots go when you aim, not for adjusting the actual game camera.

And there are probably no modding tools, either. Shame.

Well, took a chance on some reports elsewhere, and the control issues due seem to be solved.

Fun, so far. TK impalement left and right. Pretty sure I beat a necromorph to death with some luggage. Atmosphere has been decent, mostly.

One thing though? Shoot the panel to prevent the atmosphere from being sucked out into space? And that's not just game suggestion, it's coming on over the station's PA? Hey computer, you know we've got a problem, how come I need to plink a target to get you to close up shop?

It's no wonder your station has been overrun with zombies - your safety inspectors are either retarded or non-existent.

Just finished a session, and so far so good. The controls are better this time around (on console anyways) and the game seems overall a bit harder than DS1. Graphics and animations are great and combat is very satisfying.

My two complaints so far are -

• Not really that scared yet. There's the occasional cheap scare that makes me jump and there's been a couple of creepy areas, but overall nothing huge. Maybe it's because I just finished up Amnesia. That said, a few areas aside I didn't find Dead Space 1 as terrifying as some people too.
    • I'm just starting Chapter 5 and I'm only around 3 hours in (as opposed to DS1 where each Chapter was around an hour in length). Even with 15 chapters at the current pace I'm going at the game will end up being a couple hours shorter than the original (and no, I'm not rushing).

Ironically, I am a great big wussy when playing games. I actually quit Doom 3 the first time I played it, because it scared the absolute shit outta me. Same with Penumbra and AvP2.

Dead Space? I don't find it to be scary in the least. More just INTENSE ACTION and GORE GORE GORE, imho.

Taking the Death Toll
    Dead Space is much more OPENLY DISTURBING than properly scary. Which is fine by me.

I had far fewer jump scares in Dead Space than I did with Doom3. Jump scares were all it was about.

Gunny.. you also have no leg to stand on with your comment unless you've run into a tall man for the first time.

Actually before DS came out I went through the No Known Survivors minigame as it was slowly being released, and it did a lot for building the tension, especially with the limb replacement guy when his computer told him his survival probability, then watching the webcomics. I like to put myself in the game. And I found myself often feeling uneasy entering a room or straying far from the walls toward the centre of a room because the walls felt "safe". I dunno. The game doesn't affect me the same way anymore because I've gotten used to it.

in any case. Just finished DS1. I managed not to cheat and skip the last 2 chapters before moving on, so I feel vindicated. Now to impose more self control on myself and finish my homework before staying up all night and playing as far as my tired body will allow. OOoooh yes... darkness and headphones.

Gunny.. you also have no leg to stand on with your comment unless you've run into a tall man for the first time.

Fucking frightening...

I know this thread is old but i love this video what just came out this week! Take a look at and remember what a great game it still is...!

Glen Schofield, the co-founder of Sledgehammer Games and the creator/director of Dead Space, goes in-depth on the development of the classic third-person horror shooter. Glen set out to create the scariest video game of all-time, borrowing gameplay elements from Resident Evil 4 to create a product with a unique blend of horror and action. Always upping the ante, the Dead Space team decided to create a massive dreadful tentacle that attacks and drags the game's protagonist around the environment. Little did they know, this element would prove far more difficult to develop then they had ever realized..

Chakat sex pillow
    That's a good video. I was looking forward to Schofield doing more new and exciting things after Dead Space (Visceral had only done licensed video game tie-ins for TV/movies prior to it), but it was nave of me to expect that, in retrospect: a smart, well-designed horror game taking notes from some of the best in the genre, EA was publishing it during a time when they were pushing for new IPs and innovation, whatever could go wrong?

Anyway, it's good to see he's still writing stuff, even if he's taken a break from the industry. I hope someone helps him bootstrap a new game someday.

Page 52 of 52 FirstFirst ... 2712172227323742474849505152