TTLG|Thief|Bioshock|System Shock|Deus Ex|Mobile
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Thief Gold FM - In the loom of Doom (Oct 2007)

Go back in the mine and find the lift.
    spoiler:
    Take it 1 level down from the top floor. Follow the tunnel and you will come out on the ledge with the rope arrows.

Sting

Summer Vacation Contest Winner 2010

How to get to the rope arrows-Spoiler

spoiler:
    use the elevator that is just allitle ways from the mine shaft leading to the factory. Push the button 2nd from the Top, and the elevator will take you one level lower. You will have two short ladders to go down, and soon you will come to the end of this shaft where you will see the Wooden beams Protruding from the Quarry Wall. Look to your feet and to the left on the tunnel floor the arrows will be there providing that you have found out why you are in prison. In the Wardens wall safe is Garretts fake diary that Dalilah placed on Garretts body after she drugged him. For those who would rather not use rope arrows, then just take one crate on the lift,and just mantle onto the Wooden Beam, jump to the Middle Beam and jump down into the burrick tunnel.
    Last edited by darthsLair; 30th Oct 2007 at 00:56. Reason: to add info

Elkston

To answer your question about T2 missions. I have built a couple small T2missions, but not large enough for release. Winter Cat is right, as there are
    not enough Authors editing T1 missions. The T2 Textures can be used in T1
    missions, and give a better texture appearance, but T1 has an appeal all by
    it self. It is a Classic.

I've also built a TDS mission, but the file size was too big, and getting out of
    hand for me, so I went back to T1 missions. When I learn pearl scripting, I
    may try my hand at converting my 5 T1 missions to T2, but that will be awhile.

Thanks for your interest~

Keeper of FMs

File available at The Circle

darthsLair,
    It is nice to see people are still making Gold missions. There is just something about feeling of the original that I really enjoy. Hopefully, I'll get some time to play it soon.

You can get it here at The Circle.

pavlovscat Thankyou!

Thankyou! and I know what you mean. When ever I play a T1 FM, it takes
    me back to a strange,but comfortable era...The Dark Project! Fun is Fun!

Quote Originally Posted by darthsLair View Post
    Thankyou! and I know what you mean. When ever I play a T1 FM, it takes
    me back to a strange,but comfortable era...The Dark Project! Fun is Fun!
    I played T2 first, then I went back to play T1/TG. Its probably why I don't share the same feelings as those who played T1 when it first came out.

Elkston

Thats easy to understand. When Thief the Dark Project first made its way into the Gaming world, it was One of a Kind. no other to really compare to it.

Also, its appeal for me is in these Modern days we live in and playing a game inside a 3 dimensional world with no real time period, but just escaping from the present time. That for me at times really breaks up the havoc.

If I played Half life 2 before playing Half life, then I too would probably prefer
    Half life2. It's all gooooooooooood!!!!!

Playing on expert I still need loot (about 400).
    Any suggestions please?

A little Loot spoiler

spoiler:
    Find it! That is the upper secret grotto
    Last edited by darthsLair; 30th Oct 2007 at 09:02. Reason: to modify info

Clearinghouse
    Thanks darthsLair for Thief Gold FM

I 'm in the Thieves' guild area but i can't enter the central wallzone area. should i have a specific key for the side gate?

Thieves Compound entrance spoiler

spoiler:
    A patrolling guard walking close to you has a key

Thanks Clearing

I love the Gold

Where is a dead Ringer?

A Dead Ringer Spoiler

spoiler:
    There are several ways to get to the Lower grotto. From cell block four follow the corridor and go down a ways and you will come to some Cell block signs. go right and down some steps. You'll see a security camera on the ceiling rotating. When the security camera rotates toward the guard in the station, run to the far right corner of that room, and you'll see a crawl space with light coming from it. It will be to the right of the guard.
    Last edited by darthsLair; 30th Oct 2007 at 10:06. Reason: to correct info

I'm confused,cause the thief guard hasn't any key and the dead Ringer isn't in the craul where i found my bj. I think that in this fm, some objs must done before than some others, so now i have to find who and why made me up with the fake diary to go on! Ay help please?

Barbara

spoiler:
    Where your blackjack,lockpicks,compass, and the last words of A Dead Ringer is(a Corpse is the Dead Ringer) There will be only two patrolling guards coming toward you when you are standing in the entrance to the Compound. Not the Lantern guard, but the other one has a key on his belt. You can knock out the Lantern guard and place him behind the stone wall, and then the next time the Key guard walks toward you and starts to walk back, frob the key off his belt or knock him out and carry him back into the dark entrance. Also the Guard walking in and out of the Gate. When he comes out of the compound gate frob the gate before it closes all the way, and it will open back up.
    Last edited by darthsLair; 30th Oct 2007 at 10:47. Reason: to modify info

Not any of the thief guards haven't any key and the dead Ringer (there isn't corpse in that flooded area) isn't in the craul where i found my bj. I think that in this fm, some objs must done before than some others, so now i have to find who and why made me up with the fake diary to go on! I play Thief fms about 7 years now and for first time i ask so much help in every step Any help please?

Where's the sword? Found my other stuff but can't find the sword.
    Thanks.

spoiler:
    In the factory, propped against a wall.

Quote Originally Posted by elkston View Post
    I played T2 first, then I went back to play T1/TG. Its probably why I don't share the same feelings as those who played T1 when it first came out.
    As for me I played first TDP and I'm more used to its atmosphere. When I firstly saw T2 I was very surprised with its victorian style and after finished it I understood that I miss T1's dark creepy mediaval atmosphere. But I love both T1 and T2, I don't choose between them, as each of them have their own features and flaws.

Quote Originally Posted by The_Dude View Post
    spoiler:
    In the factory, propped against a wall.
    Thanks!

Barbara

spoiler:
    If there is no corpse, and if the thief guard I was referring to has no key,
    then you might have a corrupt file, as no one else playing it has reported
    any similar problems. Try downloading it from TheCircle, you will find a link
    in this thread.

Seriously, if there is no corpse in the lower grotto where you found the blackjack, lockpicks, water arrows, moss arrows, compass, and The Dead Ringers letter, then I would say the file is possibly corrupt. There are
    three links to different sites to get :intheloomofdoom.zip

Are you using Thief Gold as your directory in DarkLoader/GarrettLoader or
    Thief the Dark Project?

If a newly download zip shows no corpse, then I would suggest uninstalling
    and re-installing the Thief gold patch. Sorry you are having trouble!
    Last edited by darthsLair; 30th Oct 2007 at 20:47. Reason: To use spoiler guards

I have the same problem as Barbara. Reinstalled the mission file, Thief Gold patch but id didn' t work.
    spoiler:
    The guard with the lantern has no lantern an no key. The lantern is floating in the air. No corpse where it should be

What could this be?

I'll check in the troubleshooting arena to see if this might be a script overwrite problem. I've heard of several problems like this when a script from
    one FM might overwrite the script from another. I'll re-edit this post if I find anything. Sorry for the trouble. What I have discovered in the past is that Convict.osm will get corrupted some how and all you have to do is download it and copy it to your thief1 or Thief Gold folder. You can first check the file size of Convict.osm in your thief folder to compare the size in kbs. of the new one you will install. You can find the links on this page:
    http://www.ttlg.com/forums/showthread.php?t=48202
    Last edited by darthsLair; 1st Nov 2007 at 22:12. Reason: to add important information

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast