TTLG|Thief|Bioshock|System Shock|Deus Ex|Mobile
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread: Thief Gold FM - In the loom of Doom (Oct 2007)

AI Freeze

I had been playing in Hard. Went back and tried it in Normal. I got the same effect, but I had to get closer before they froze. I think your deduction about Fail on Sight must be correct....

Summer Vacation Contest Winner 2010

Frobbin Hood

Playing normal, hard, expert, this seems to happen once and a while, and testing it, it seems to occur about every other game as you've described it.

Experimenting with it before beta testing, I and others, played it with different techniques, like total stealth ect. and had little or no freezes.

Each player will play with a unique style, and probably encounter different
    bugs here and there.

T2 is alot better in most respects, but the feel of the Gold is Great!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by darthsLair View Post
    T2 is alot better in most respects, but the feel of the Gold is Great!!!!!
    Don't think of abandoning D1! T2 even has more bugs then T1.

Winter Cat

The Gold is Gooooooooooood!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

upper grotto

Okay, I have looked for the upper grotto for a while now. Would someone please tell me where it is? I read the posts about
    spoiler:
    using my sword, and have, the only banners I recall are the two in the factory close together and some in the thief compound

Quote Originally Posted by tafferjim View Post
    Okay, I have looked for the upper grotto for a while now. Would someone please tell me where it is?
    spoiler:
    It's located in the area you start original cragscleft mission.

Upper Grotto Spoiler

spoiler:
    In the Assistant Wardens office there is a banner to the left of the wall safe. Cut the banner, go down the steps.

Managed to cope with AI freeze, but now I'm...

Stuck in the
    spoiler:
    Guild Memebers Only area - is there a way out, I've broken the wooden doors down but can't find a way of opening the steel gates.

frobbin hood

spoiler:
    Steel gates can be only opened by hermit locked in the cell.

Oh dear Winter Cat, I've BJ'd him !

Had to reload old save...

Btw, what's the
    spoiler:
    Knockout Potion
    for?
    I've completed the mission on hard without finding a use for it.

spoiler:
    Knockout Potion acts just like regular breath potion does.

I am doing this mission on expert and with the forced ghost objective in the prison part that area is kind of a pain.But I am using the loot list and I can't quite figure how to get a few pieces of loot. I will mention the three pieces below all of which are found in the prison area.

100 Gold Ring Cell block 3 Lower Cells in Cell No. 4 (This is hidden, and is the bonus in EXPERT DIFFICULTY) I looked all over the cell and found no ring
    5 Coin Stack Cell block 4 guard station, on table.How do i get there without alerting the 2 guards with the very short patrols in the area and the guard in the station.
    95 Gold Hammer In Shrine guarded by the Hammerite Priest, and the Novice.How do I get this without breaking the forced ghost?

I am really torn since I hate ghosting and forced ghosting especially but I also don't wanna miss out on the full mission.

Finished on Normal in 1 hour and 29 minutes. Got 1655 of 2172 total loot.

• Lots to do in this mission. More and more objectives popped up over the course of my playthrough. This kept me engaged.
    • I needed no hints to finish this mission. Even found the rope arrows because I noticed the elevator in the mine does not stop on all floors. I felt very satisfied with myself when I completed the final objective.

Dislikes:
    • Similar to darthsLair‘s previous mission Return to Bafford Manor, the areas he added do not mesh well with the original mission. His architecture is often noticeably simpler. Take, for example, the tunnel that leads to the Thieves‘ compound: It is just a round cylinder with a rock texture along the walls, with no details added to make it look like natural surface.
    • Break from Cragscleft Prison had an amazing sound progression from the eerie quiet in the mines, to the whirring of machinery in the factory, to desperate moaning in the prison, ending with a crescendo of Hammerite chants in the monastery atop the mountain. In the Loom of Doom breaks this carefully layered sequence of atmospheric sounds. You start in the prison, go down into the mines and then back up to the monastery. The atmosphere is gone.
    • After you free the hostage in the Thieves‘ compound, he walks to an area with two unfrobbable wooden doors. You can bash in the doors with your sword, but there is nothing behind them. These should be metal doors.

Bugs:
    • The Hammerite patrolling near Garrett‘s cell seems to have a tendency to freeze in midair. I had to reload several times.
    • In the area next to the Thieves’ compound where the freed hostages walks to, there is a large barrel you can walk through.

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234