TTLG|Thief|Bioshock|System Shock|Deus Ex|Mobile
Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast

Thread: Bane II - Cult of the Damned (a.k.a. A Keeper's Betrayal 2) - Oct 30, 2007

Hehe, wouldn't call being there "safely stowed away"!

Have you taken a look at the screenshots I posted a few days ago fore Bane III? They can be found here.

I'm glad you liked this one. I'm really trying to move part 3 to a new level of quality than I had achieved in the last two parts. I hope I'll succeed.

Immortal
    FM in Progress: Bane III
    Previous FMs: CoSaS III- THE NINE YEAR SLEEP (content released), Keep of Deceit, Cult of the Damned and A Keeper's Betrayal.

All right, dangerously stowed away!

Good screen shots!

When will this one be ready?

That depends on how much time I can put on it. The brush work and terrain is probabely 50 percent done but the object and AI placing, and objectives and scripted events are yet to be implemented.
    As for the release date, the end of April would be an optimistic estimate. Some time this summer would be a bit more realistic.

Immortal

Just finished it, and once again another winner. These are terrific missions!!

Now I can't wait for Bane 3!

Seems I'm the only one with this problem. I just entered the catacombs and have no idea how to get further. There's the pit with the three rope arrows but they don't seem to lead anywhere and there's the water hole, which appears to be the next best thing, but every time I jump in, I bounce up. I can't stay under the water. Any direct hint please?

Quote Originally Posted by Verak View Post
    Seems I'm the only one with this problem. I just entered the catacombs and have no idea how to get further. There's the pit with the three rope arrows but they don't seem to lead anywhere and there's the water hole, which appears to be the next best thing, but every time I jump in, I bounce up. I can't stay under the water. Any direct hint please?
    Verak--

Go back to the ladder and continue forward (past the corpse). If you frob the tomb a haunt will appear around the corner...and he's tricky to get around. But, I believe you must frob this. There is also a bit of gold to get. Around the corner there is a broken tomb. Look inside.....

Really big spoiler: Jump into the tomb and you will fall through into another area with yet more vine ropes hanging from the ceiling. Jump onto the beam, then jump from vine rope to vine rope to get the keeper key. Then, come back to the middle statue and look behind it...jump in and you'll see why you keep popping up out of the water back at the other area

Verak, what Queue said is basically correct. Let me just add one part to his explanation:
    Jump from rope to rope to the other side of the pit and try to jump into the little room on that side of the pit. Now take a good look around while collecting the loot.
    Direct hint/giveaway:
    In that room on the other side of the pit, look up and frob the switch on the ceiling. This will open the bottom of the broken coffin in another part of the catacombs.

Immortal
    Last edited by theImmortalThief; 19th Feb 2008 at 05:48.

Aah, thank you all so much. I'll get right back to taffin'.

Just finished playing this great mission. Got all five secrets but am almost 700 short on loot. There was talk earlier in this thread about a loot list. Did anyone ever produce one?

ChrisC, I mentioned working on a lootlist, but I never finished it. I can give a few hints for some of the hard to find loot. (The one's I remember of course!)

Crates in the servant's quarters in the fort.
    Statues on second floor of the mansion.
    Vegetation in child's room.
    On the ground near coffin on the other side of the holes in the catacombs.
    The back room of the pool area overseeing the main hall.

Hope this helps!

Immortal

I am stuck just behind the broken tomb.

I read the earlier post for Verak, telling me to jump from rope to rope to get the keeper's key, but I don't see any key there. I even managed to jump on top of the statue before the window with the keeper symbols, proceeded to the window and frobbed around. Nothing. Even breaking the glass did not work.

Could anyone tell a vision-impaired thief where to look for the key?

Umm, where exactly are you? You have already opened the bottom of the broken tomb and entered the chamber within? If so, then the key which is actually in the form of a golden keeper medallion is floating in the air in a green haze above the keeper statue's head. Check your inventory again, you might have gotten it but since you were expecting a actual key, haven't recognized it.

Immortal
    Last edited by theImmortalThief; 23rd Apr 2008 at 02:29.
    Previous FMs: CoSaS III- THE NINE YEAR SLEEP (content released), Keep of Deceit, Cult of the Damned and A Keeper's Betrayal.

Quote Originally Posted by theImmortalThief View Post
    ... the key which is actually in the form of a golden keeper medellion is floating in air in a green haze above the keeper statue's head. Check your inventory again, you might gotten it but since you were expecting a actual key, haven't recognized it.
    Erm... yes... that must have been happening. I did not even recognize that the objective ticked off! I'm not a vision-impaired thief, I must be outright blind! Permanent flashbomb damage, I guess... Entering the Keeper ruins now!

Thank you for putting me back onto the right track, ImmortalThief!

Your welcome baeuchlein! thanks for playing this mission! Hope you have fun.

Immortal

I've finished the mission now, and indeed liked it. Very well done.

Only the holes in the guest room and the room with the abyss almost directly below the guest room gave me some trouble. It's not easy to get off the ladder if you want to get into the guest room again, and jumping off the last rope arrow onto the ledge with the altar on it was very difficult as well. I bounced back from something at the ceiling very often; once or twice, I landed partway in the floor instead and had to jump to get off it. This usually meant I bounced off again and into the abyss. Unfortunately, that's not too good for Garrett's health...

Everything else was good or even better, however; I especially liked the abandoned keeper compound and the main mansion of Lord What'sHisName.

Waiting impatiently for part three now...

*Takes notes*

I'll make sure there aren't any hard to navigate parts in part 3. Glad you liked it.

Immortal

Archivist
    Playing Bane II right after the first. I enjoyed beta testing the mission, and playing it again with everything fixed and correct was just as fun!

Design, atmopshere and gameplay are stronger then in Bane I, and the story is just as convincing. It's events are just as unexpected as the ones from Keep of Deceit, and many things, from Salvatora to the Banes, are explained in detail. A worthy sequel .

I like the various alternative routes, and the hidden Keeper ruins under the mansion with it's disturbing sounds gave me the freaks. It makes the mission more fun and interesting then the first part.

Can't wait for Bane III to arrive. Any news, immortalthief?

Stats
    Difficulty played: Expert
    Time taken: 1 hour 26 minutes 34 seconds
    Loot found: 4095 out of 4710
    Secrets found: 4 out of 5

Its really nice to hear that you think Bane II was better than bane I. It never got as much attention as "A Keeper's Betrayal" and "Bane I-Keep of Deceit" got, so I always felt that it must have been a bit of a let down.

As for Bane III, it's way behind schedule (a Summer 2008 release!) but its still alive and breathing. Two attempts at contest entries that never got finished distracted me from work on the mission, and then real life came in full force. But In a couple of weeks I expect my time to free up a bit. I'm pretty excited about Bane III and I really intend for it to be much better than the first, with more custom content and just as many if not more unexpected plot twists (plus one very big one!). As for the level of completeness, the architecture is probably about 60-70% done, but scripting, AIs and story elements are in a very initial phase.

Immortal

Great mission! Thanks! But...haven't I played this mission before? Years and years ago? T1 maybe?

Great mission! Thanks! But...haven't I played this mission before? Years and years ago? T1 maybe?
    I very much doubt it!

Hm, probably onset of early Alzheimer's, makes time fly...

I can't get the door in the guest's bedroom open I tried throwing a rock at it, throwing the explosive barrel at it and it won't open... how do I get in? That's the only way to the tomb, right???

WHERE???? You guys are all awesome but I swear I hate it when I see this!

It's like, "Hey where is the mission solving secret that takes hours to figure out? Oh, nevermind!!"

*twitch*

lol

Quote Originally Posted by Acolyte6 View Post
    Ok, been up the wall & frobbed the statue head, but what exactly does it open?

EDIT: Nevermind, found the secret passage way...hehe

Quote Originally Posted by ShadowSoul View Post
    I can't get the door in the guest's bedroom open I tried throwing a rock at it, throwing the explosive barrel at it and it won't open... how do I get in? That's the only way to the tomb, right???
    First: you need a key to open one of the guest rooms. The door to the second guest room can´t be opened - you need to get there from the first guest room.

Once you are in that room, there is a switch somewhere up by the fireplace. It opens a passage behind the curtain in this room.

Quote Originally Posted by ShadowSoul View Post
    In case you need more help:
    The key is hidden in the child's bedroom

if that's not enough:
    Around the bed...

All out spoiler:
    Frob the lamp hanging over the bed, the bed will slide out revealing the key to the guest bedroom.

Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast