TTLG|Thief|Bioshock|System Shock|Deus Ex|Mobile
Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ... 2345678 LastLast

Thread: Bane II - Cult of the Damned (a.k.a. A Keeper's Betrayal 2) - Oct 30, 2007

Quote Originally Posted by nickie View Post
    Perhaps if we were a little more noisy . . . ?
    Better not, the guards could hear us!

Perhaps if we were a little more noisy . . . ?
    Better not, the guards could hear us!

*Immortal silently creeps in and knocks out all the guards (except for Benny's drunk a$$)...

By the way, one question,
    spoiler:
    were you able to kill/KO the cultist normally?

Immortal
    I was able to black jack one of them, gas mine another; and they disapeared when I threw them into the water. One of them fell into the water when he was chasing me and he shook back and forth until he disapeared. I also hit one with a mine and a bunch of arrows but, couldn't tell if I did any damage. Ditto with water and moss arrows. I was thinking that water and earth (water and moss arrows) would damage them, based on Salfatora's aversion to both. Engaging them with the sword seemed usless as well. Can anyone confirm, contradict or add to this?

I really enjoyed this mission. Lots of diverse areas. I was able to get up above the waterfall. Looks like there is carpet texture up there? I love getting up to those areas that you are not supposed to see. Couldn't get up the other side though. That would have been cool.

Also; where did the Sycamores come from outside the compound. Were they meant to be elemental guardians that were released when you take the earthbane, or something of that nature?
    Last edited by Tedh75; 9th Jul 2011 at 13:03.

I have answered at least part of my long winded question myself. I killed two of them with three water arrows each. I hit one of them with several moss arrows first. He reacted but did not die. Sometimes he reacted with the water arrows, sometimes he didn't. One of them I had hit with a flash bomb first, not sure if that makes a difference.

Quote Originally Posted by theImmortalThief View Post
    Wow, its been this long?I?.... Part 3 is still in the pipeline, but I promised Dan to make CoSaS my priority. Real life has not been helping much either. I had to reformat my computer and lost my all my installs (nut none of my files! Whew!). I'd started to wonder if anyone still cared!
    I care lol! Just played Bane I and II and can't believe I missed them first time round. Thoroughly enjoyable and beautiful missions and now waiting patiently for Bane III.

I'm replaying, but can't find the paper in the Lord's room. A BIG Spoiler please?
    There're angels who playThief and angels who don't ........ both go to heaven ............
    Dare to join .............

I don't know why I forgot the PAPER hiding place in the Lord's room, but PLEASE hit me with a direct spoiler some Taffer out there .......
    There're angels who playThief and angels who don't ........ both go to heaven ............
    Dare to join .............

If memory serves right there is something to frob on the fireplace, that opens a secret stash. A mask or something?

question

pockets picked 13 out of 15 ? - did I missed a pocket, or I played another unfinished funny mod (or should I say another DEMO) ...

need some help here

i am suppose to read the Captain┤s log, where can i find the key to his office? also i┤m inside of what it seems to be catacombs, i have frobed a tomb wich made a haunt appear, also there┤s a water canal wich doesn┤t let me swim down it pulls me up, i┤m playing on "Expert" mode any idea what i must do?

Quote Originally Posted by cardia1 View Post
    i am suppose to read the Captain┤s log, where can i find the key to his office? also i┤m inside of what it seems to be catacombs, i have frobed a tomb wich made a haunt appear, also there┤s a water canal wich doesn┤t let me swim down it pulls me up, i┤m playing on "Expert" mode any idea what i must do?
    Wow, it has been a while since I've thought about this mission...

Let's see, hoping that I remember correctly:
    I believe the captain's log is in his office in the guard fortress (the fort you started in). it is on the top floor. You will either need to steal a key or find an alternative path to get in his room.

When you frobed ("disturbed") one of the coffins the haunt appears. You can ignore or avoid it or just don't frob the coffin. There is some important stuff to discover down there in order to move forward in this mission, so look around and make sure you have found all the passages down there!

Once you have done the above two things (as well as the other objectives that will appear as you complete the above), if you are still stuck, then read the following:
    search around the garden for some hidden location...

Hope this helps!

Immortal

Wow, it has been a while since I've thought about this mission...

Let's see, hoping that I remember correctly:
    I believe the captain's log is in his office in the guard fortress (the fort you started in). it is on the top floor. You will either need to steal a key or find an alternative path to get in his room.

When you frobed ("disturbed") one of the coffins the haunt appears. You can ignore or avoid it or just don't frob the coffin. There is some important stuff to discover down there in order to move forward in this mission, so look around and make sure you have found all the passages down there!

Once you have done the above two things (as well as the other objectives that will appear as you complete the above), if you are still stuck, then read the following:
    search around the garden for some hidden location...

Hope this helps!

Immortal
    Thanks, i only have one goal left wich is to read the captain┤s log, and i can┤t still find a way to get inside his room, the first goal turns out to be the most difficult, please a need a strong spoiler, where is this path that leads to his room?

Thanks, i only have one goal left wich is to read the captain┤s log, and i can┤t still find a way to get inside his room, the first goal turns out to be the most difficult, please a need a strong spoiler, where is this path that leads to his room?
    Hi Pedro, Captain Bearly has the key to his office on his belt I think. He is upstairs from the area around his office and the training room, in the fort, with a no-KO helmet.

Quote Originally Posted by Sagittal View Post
    Hi Pedro, Captain Bearly has the key to his office on his belt I think. He is upstairs from the area around his office and the training room, in the fort, with a no-KO helmet.
    Thanks Sagittal, it was actualy in his belt, Dah! Great! now i have a new goal, i have to find Haasan┤s daughter 4 jewelery boxes, and i don┤t recall if i already found any, any strong hints about these boxes location?

Thanks Sagittal, it was actualy in his belt, Dah! Great! now i have a new goal, i have to find Haasan┤s daughter 4 jewelery boxes, and i don┤t recall if i already found any, any strong hints about these boxes location?

They are all hidden pretty well in the mansion. Haasan's daughter liked to climb, so keep an eye out for places in the mansion to use of your rope arrows!

They are all hidden pretty well in the mansion. Haasan's daughter liked to climb, so keep an eye out for places in the mansion to use of your rope arrows!
    Thanks Immortal Thief, found the last one ! Mission finished, replaying this one on "Expert" turned out to be really challenging, i nocited though that many texture are not properly aligned, apart from that this is a high quality mission

Looking foward for more.

Thanks Immortal Thief, found the last one ! Mission finished, replaying this one on "Expert" turned out to be really challenging, i nocited though that many texture are not properly aligned, apart from that this is a high quality mission

Looking foward for more.
    Well I'm glad you enjoyed it. As much as once tries to find mialigned texture, you always seem to miss many at the end! ...sigh

I've tried to replay this one, but I can't get to the cult area from the crypt. AFAIR the frobbable sarcophagus should open the stone floor inside an open coffin around the corner - but now it remains inert (despite the opening sound). Is it just another example of an old FM malfunctioning under NewDark?
    BTW, Bane-I worked flawlessly with ND 1.22...

Run into the same problem csamba stated before.
    I┤ve read alot about fixes via script recently, so maybe there is a chance for a solution?
    I hope so because this is a plot stopper bug. It's not possible to continue and finish the mission.

Edit: Savegame is under investigation
    Last edited by UliB; 13th Jun 2017 at 09:49.

Dˇttirin klŠ­ist oft mˇ­ur m÷ttli
    It's just gen.osm. Nothing special. Please upload a savegame next to sarcophagus and we'll see.

Edit
    It's not a script issue, it's a wrong walkthrough issue.
    The switch you're looking for is behind the chasm. look up.
    The coffin has nothing to do with the secret door in the broken coffin. It's a trap.
    Last edited by Unna Oertdottir; 13th Jun 2017 at 11:01.

Thanks, Unna. And an extra applause for the superfast reply.
    I relied on that issue because of the sound of an moving "door" when frobbing the highlighting coffin.
    Keep up the good work.

Quote Originally Posted by UliB View Post
    I relied on that issue because of the sound of an moving "door" when frobbing the highlighting coffin.
    The door sound is just a sound trap. Misleading on purpose

I had never heard frome about these missions until now. Both FM┤s (Bane I and II) offer great gameplay, I am glad I have discovered these jewels!

However, the third part of the trilogy, a.k.a. Bane III - Temple of Eternal Agony seems to be abandoned: http://www.darkfate.org/view/details...2/bane/bane_3/

Really sad...

Quote Originally Posted by Unna Oertdottir View Post
    It's not a script issue, it's a wrong walkthrough issue.
    And let me thank you as well, after so many years... I replayed this mission an hour ago, just to confirm it's very well done even by today's standards

I forgot to post this. Here's a small dml fix for a secret that doesn't count as a secret
    Code:
    DML1
    //Fix Waterfall Secret in: Bane II Cult of the Damned//miss20.mis.dml
    +ObjProp 1133 "Scripts"
    {
    "Script 0" TrapFindSecret
    }
    +Link 1915 1133 "ControlDevice"
    {
    } 
    +ObjProp 1133 "DarkStat"
    {