TTLG|Thief|Bioshock|System Shock|Deus Ex|Mobile
Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Thread: T2 FM: The Way of The Sword (Hammerite Contest Entry) 14 NOV 2007

I have blackjacked all the guards, novices, cleaners & a bald guy in black, who were on patrol. Right now, I only have a
    spoiler:
    guard's key & the talisman keys
    . I have also double-checked the bodies to see if I left any key & there's none.

Does anyone know how to open the secret entrance at the back of the kitchen that you get to by crawling through the crawlspace? It's in an alcove wallspace, i bang my blackjack on it and it makes a metal sound. Thanks.

varunb,

Turn on 'search bodies' in your game options in case the fallen AI is obscuring the view of any keys, which also makes it difficult to highlight and frob the key. I have one brother's key, so one of them must have it.

From memory the
    spoiler:
    brother's key is on a shelf in one of sleeping areas or nearby room. I think there was a note about the abbot's key being in his cell on the table. Does that help?

Secrets:

spoiler:
    All the secret areas are opened via small switches. One in the library near the base of a bookcase, one in one of the "studies", also at the base of a bookshelf. The final one is located in the area beyond the kitchen through the crawlspace near the fan. There is a small switch near the floor by the by the water. I'm not sure what that is so I can't describe it any better.

I have checked the sleeping areas & there's no key on the shelves. Can any1 tell me if the key is with any guard or is it lying somewhere ?

Shadows, I have again checked the bodies after turning on 'Auto-search bodies' but still can't find it.

varunb,

I think the Dude is right and the brother's key is on a shelf somewhere, this is a stab in the dark but i think i got it from the left middle room in the dormitory area (check your map) I would say the key is somewhere in one of those rooms near the dormitory area. I can confirm the abbott's key is definitely in his cell.

Thanks Dude you were right about the secret area beyond the kitchen. When i went back to check the switch was clear as day.

I m pathetic. After all this, I m still unable to find the
    spoiler:
    brother's key. Shadows, I have searched the shelves in that left middle room of the dormitory on the ground floor but still no key.
    The only way to find it now is if u guyz can pls post a screenshot wid that key.

Hey thanx clearing ! U r the best. I m so stupid. I never tried to
    spoiler:
    open that room with the guard key thinking that it was an abbott room as there was an inverted hammer symbol on the wall & that i had to find the abbott key to open that room.
    How silly of me !

Did anyone else have problems with the ingredients "disappearing" after smashing the crates? It's worth saving just before you break a crate otherwise you might see it disappear into the ether!

Quote Originally Posted by clearing View Post
    There - see? He's done it again

The_Dude : now that could explain why I never found 2 of the ingredients - thought I was going nuts. Actually, when I did a 2nd search for more crates / barrels, I noticed the wooden shards disappearing as I approached them (can't remember seeing this before - designed this way?). Also, 1 vial turned up about 5 or 6 "feet" away from what I had just smashed - so maybe people should look a little wider after each breaking.
    And thanx for listing the secrets; only found 1

Vertical Contest Winner 2009
    those bottles have the container physics script on them, so they will travel in the same direction as a crate when broken, they occasionally disappear for some reason, despite the physics models being big enough that they shouldn't. its just a quirk with no apparent fix.

What did the vial do anyway? I've just realised I finished it and didn't even try it! That was after having spending all that time getting the ingredients as well!

btw whatever happened to the crypt? Or did I miss it?

Quote Originally Posted by varunb View Post
    Hey thanx clearing ! U r the best. I m so stupid. I never tried to
    spoiler:
    open that room with the guard key thinking that it was an abbott room as there was an inverted hammer symbol on the wall & that i had to find the abbott key to open that room.
    How silly of me !
    Sorry, i should have been more specific as well, that it's the 'left' middle room, with the left from the point of view of the map not as you walk up to the dormitory area.

The_Dude, i think some ingredients must have disappeared on me too. I followed the list of Otto's ingredient locations. Oh well, reload.

There are
    spoiler:
    spaces above the astronomer's room. Are there any rope arrows in the mission or is it the old crate stacking job.

Or perhaps there's nothing up there?

There's nothing up there because on closer look there isn't a space. Oh dumb
    Last edited by nickie; 18th Nov 2007 at 14:33.

do the generators have to be turned off in a specific order ?

only I'm starting at the kitchen - through the crawlway to the boiler room - through the fan duct to the workshop - over to the library and down into the cellar for the last one and by the time I get to the sword room the power is on so I can't grab it

I run all the way too

--EDIT--

ok I went round and got all the generators, checked the sword room and managed to recheck all the generators net result nada the current still seems to be on despite all the generators being off, have I missed a switch or something ?

think I'll try it with the golden elixir that ought to do it

oo I'm playing on ninja, sorry forgot to mention
    Last edited by Esme; 16th Nov 2007 at 14:14.

absolutely amaaaaaaaaaaaaaaazing! Will play it when I have more time and patience. This is something great!

Vertical Contest Winner 2009
    esme

spoiler:
    on ninja you only have 3 minutes to get the sword from the time the first generator is turned off, you are doing them in the correct order (order doesn't matter but its most direct) are the blue lights off on the base? they must be. the generator in the basement near the crypts is not part of the puzzle.

abbot' room

I have the bother's key, but I can't open either of the rooms on the second floor with it. Where is the Abbot's room?

[SPOILER]It's on the top floor of the stairwell.[SPOILER] Use the
    spoiler:
    brother's key to get in.

If yo don't get in yet, try some other rooms with this key first. I'm not sure, but I thought there was a system there. Could be wrong though.

Gloria Creep
    There're angels who playThief and angels who don't ........ both go to heaven ............
    Dare to join .............

d. Dec 2017
    Jason, this is a brilliantly made FM! Enjoyed every minute of it! I played on Samurai. Found all the ingredients for the elixir. Had no trouble finding all the keys....just kept looking. Finished with everything checked off and made an exit o.k. Only one thing frustrated me:

ALL THOSE BEAMS AND NOT ONE ROPE ARROW...aghhh

Also, I missed the
    spoiler:
    3 secrets.
    Will play it again and take my time looking.

Thank you, thank you!

Ghost

Novices, disguises, and the like

Could somebody please explain the disguise thing a bit more fully? I have no clue what the objective means.

I'm in the bath house now; a novice is cleaning the joint. There are two rooms off of the main room, but I can't find anything related to a disguise in either of them.

I tried knocking out the novice; but other than being able to pick up the unconscious body and lug it about, as normal, nothing seemed to happen.

Obviously, I'm not understanding the idea in the least. Is there something around here I haven't found, but which will explain the objective when I do? Can someone point me towards it, please?

Thanks,

Dafydd

Keeper of FMs
    I had the same problem, Dafydd.
    spoiler:
    Once you knock out a novice, scroll through your inventory. The disguise should be there. If not, you may need to pick him up first. Once you have the disguise, you need to use it on the novice you took it from. You'll know when it's done.

The Abbot's room

I can not open any room on the second floor with the bother's key. Is the Abbot's room at the top of the stairs on the second floor? can it be elsewhere?

Thanks

The second floor is partitioned and each area can only be reached via different stairs. You need to find the stairwell which is in front of the dormitory and reach that second floor area from it. The abbott's room is up there. There's also a scroll detailing the types of keys and what they can open.

Aww....awwwwww! I saw the title for this thread and was like "OH @$*%, The Hammerite Mission Contest has started! Where's the sticky thread for it?"...then I read Yandros' comment about it being canceled because this was the only entry. Damn.

Ah well, downloading.

Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast