TTLG|Thief|Bioshock|System Shock|Deus Ex|Mobile
Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 234567 LastLast

Thread: T2 FM: The Way of The Sword (Hammerite Contest Entry) 14 NOV 2007

Vertical Contest Winner 2009
    nothing up there, the mission was built under contest rules, and i had a max size, so the tops of the courtyard walls are basically the top of the box i worked inside of. in fact, some of the small wooden beams sticking out of the exterior walls are objects to save on scene complexity.

I forgot this was for a contest -- it feels so large!

This mission is sublime. The complex looks medieval Japanese, updated with steampunk electricity, still believably Garrett's world. I wish it could have been bigger, though, so I could have fun roping my way up into those tempting rafters and ride the dragon's back! And those little peeks into areas you can't access right away are a wonderful way to let the player know that the area is there and needs to find a way in. Brilliant ...

Living in Asia inspired me to start an Asian-style Thief mission a few years ago. I'm still making and collecting objects and textures for it, though. It will be different from yours, but still Asian. For one thing, it's not a monestary, so I made some geishas.

Quote Originally Posted by demagogue View Post
    What's funny ... the second I saw that first lever, and the plaque said "4 minutes", I immediately thought to myself, man, I don't know what this does, but a timed lever ... this is getting marked on the map right now.
    LOL! Well, now that I reinstalled my system I can play Thief properly, so it will be more fun. I couldn't use the map to much, because this requires a change in resolution, and a few of them caused my system to crash for some reason. Don't know why, but I guess strnage things happen if you keep updating Windows for to long, installing and removing apps for years.

When I saw that note on the lever I immediately thought "Oh, my god, not a timed stuff where you have to run to some place in time to make it."

At least the time seems long enough that you can make it. I hope...

Ottoj55,

Thank you very very very much.
    This is one of the most enjoyable mission I have ever played.
    Beautyfull architechture and great gameplay.

Is this from the Simpsons..sure looks Simpsonsish

its japanese art from the 19th century that i found on the internet. its supposed to depict a samurai, its pretty stylized, and looks a bit like the depiction of the japanese on the simpsons now that you mention it.

Double..sorry !
    Last edited by Lightningline; 6th Dec 2007 at 01:12.

I feel stupid for asking this ..Wheres the sword ?? I will probably go back and find it now. I found four generators to. Is there more ? I had to come here an ask so I can go back and trip over the stuff. LOL

Like I said..I found it 2 min later. One of those locked rooms I forgot to go back and re check.

The generator question still stands.

Mission accomplished. Nice mission !
    Last edited by Lightningline; 6th Dec 2007 at 01:11.

there are a total of five generators, the one with a transformer and coil is not part of the puzzle, it controls the fan in the vents.

the four that you need are in the
    spoiler:
    kitchen, bath house basement, workshops and library basement. depending on difficultly you have a time limit (getting shorter as the difficulty increases) to find the four and get to the sword. all the generators do is shut off the power to the electrified floor allowing you to get the sword.

I have the "unblessed rosary." I dropped it in the Moon basin in the observatory, but nothing happened. I fished it out and it's still unblessed.

Having spent 6 years in Tokyo, this FM is absolutely authentic. The only thing that detracts from its Japanese theme is the 14th Century Hammerite voices. All in all, one of the best FMs I've ever played.

Ricebug
    Last edited by Ricebug; 20th Mar 2014 at 22:05.

the roof on the observatory must be open, and the rosary needs to be in the middle, it sometimes doesn't trigger off to one side. if it doesn't become blessed then you still can use the potion of life, instructions are in the abbotts room. the potion will make you invincible long enough to grab the talisman of death. i considered doing new japanese voices, but was afraid that the best accent i could do would be fake or racist sounding. i also considered looking for a native japanese speaker to do the english voices, but with the contest time limits i didn't have time, even with the contest off, i just decided to release the mission.
    Last edited by Ottoj55; 24th Jan 2008 at 14:31.

Replaying on Expret mode, returned to the starting point to end the misison but apparently it doesn´t appear any objective complete, any bug i´m facing? or am i forced to complete the optional objective of gahtering all ingridients in the kitchen pot?

i stuck and i have four problems

i can't find the kung fu manual the talisman of death the sword and how can i open the door on the topmosted floor?

I'm playing on Expert. I opened the Observatory roof earlier. Went back later with the Unblessed Rosary, dropped it in the water in the Observatory, the water steams, but I cannot pick up the rosary again. I've tried several times. It is unfrobbable. Is this a bug?

Dóttirin klęšist oft móšur möttli
    There's a switch in this room. It doesn't work without the switch.

Quote Originally Posted by Unna Oertdottir View Post
    There's a switch in this room. It doesn't work without the switch.
    The only switch I see is the one to open the roof which, as I said, I have already done. That switch is also unfrobbable now.

The switch is opening the roof, the moonlight is blessing the water which is blessing the rosary. Wait for 5 s and take the rosary again. Get very close to the blessed rosary. It's hard to frob.

Quote Originally Posted by Unna Oertdottir View Post
    The switch is opening the roof, the moonlight is blessing the water which is blessing the rosary. Wait for 5 s and take the rosary again. Get very close to the blessed rosary. It's hard to frob.
    I've tried all that several times. The rosary becomes unfrobbable once the water starts steaming and stays that way no matter how long I wait and whichever way I try to pick it up.

This is a S&R setup, but there's an old NVScript and Gaylesaver script module involved.
    Do this:
    Download this script bundle, copy the scripts into the root folder
    http://www.mediafire.com/file/429s0f..._Bundle1.1.zip
    in the FM folder, delete
    script01.osm
    NVScript01.osm

rename script.osm-->script01.osm
    rename NVScript-->NVScript01.osm
    and put it in the FM folder

Load a old savegame, toss the rosary into the water and frob the switch or the other way around.

What is "S&R" please? And is this issue likely to affect other FMs for me, or only this one?

Old renamed script modules are a common issue in some FMs. You might get in trouble with this in the future. Everybody does. No way to prevent this.
    Have a backup of the script modules, use FMSel/NewDarkloader in order to keep the installation clean and check this thread. Ask for help if the FM isn't listed.

From that downloaded bundle, Norton 360 has quarantined darkhooks.dlx and tnhScript.osm on the basis that they both contained a threat called WS.Reputation.1. I take it these are false threats, and these files are safe to unquarantine and use?

Yes the scripts bundle and all of its contents are safe.

Norton 360 wants to block everything, however Kasperksy is even worse as it removes essential items from your computer without giving you the chance to say no

OK thanks - and that has solved the unfrobbable blessed rosary problem!

Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 234567 LastLast