TTLG|Thief|Bioshock|System Shock|Deus Ex|Mobile
Page 10 of 11 FirstFirst ... 567891011 LastLast

Thread: Your thoughts on Crysis?

I'm willing to send triple the money I didn't spend on the ugly remake of MI1 to that guy if he does pull off a working game in the spirit of LeChuck's Revenge with that style.

Quote Originally Posted by Briareos H View Post
    I'm willing to send triple the money I didn't spend on the ugly remake of MI1 to that guy if he does pull off a working game in the spirit of LeChuck's Revenge with that style.
    In turn, I'd also love to play through Crysis with Guybrush as a player model, ideally with Dominic Armato voicing the character. It'll make throwing around chickens and turtles at least 513 times the fun!

Clearinghouse
    Quote Originally Posted by Koki View Post
    Can't really find other place where to put this.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3bInZ7_y4Lw&hd=1

To make you click: It's to do with Monkey Island
    That looks amazing

PC Gamering Smartey Man
    I <3 consoles and gamepads

Maximum remaster.
    https://www.overclock3d.net/news/sof...ite_metadata/1

"Crysis Remastered brings new graphic features, high-quality textures, and the CRYENGINE's native hardware- and API-agnostic ray tracing solution for PC, PlayStation, Xbox, and – for the very first time – Nintendo Switch."

https://youtu.be/2vneTHNADAQ

Now this I'm hyped about.

This is amazing.

PC Gamering Smartey Man

Details, sounds good.
    Starting this summer, Crysis Remastered will be available for PC, Xbox One, PlayStation 4, and for Nintendo Switch.

Crysis Remastered will focus on the original game’s single-player campaigns and is slated to contain high-quality textures and improved art assets, an HD texture pack, temporal anti-aliasing, SSDO, SVOGI, state-of-the-art depth fields, new light settings, motion blur, and parallax occlusion mapping, particle effects will also be added where applicable. Further additions such as volumetric fog and shafts of light, software-based ray tracing, and screen space reflections provide the game with a major visual upgrade.
    https://archive.vn/Bilkf

Still Subjective
    Because of this I learned I could use the cfg file to get the original working on my ultra-widescreen so I'm playing that now. I never finished it first time. It's not bad.

Administrator
    I got this through GOG recently, as well as Crysis Warhead, which I haven't managed to play yet. Replaying it now shows how far Crytek were pushing things at the time - still looks good, still a good stealthy experience.

Thing What Kicks
    I seem to remember liking Warhead more than baseline Crysis. Seemed more focussed, and I think there was less of the bizarro alien stuff.

Level 10,000 achieved
    Is the remaster doing anything to the controls or gameplay? As far as I can tell, it isn't, which is a shame. Crysis 2, while having more boring and linear levels, improved and streamlined the actual gameplay a lot. Not having to switch to a certain mode to jump high, introducing stealth melee kills, etc. A combination of Crysis 2's gameplay with Crysis big open levels would be fun, but this remaster seemingly just makes it prettier? Meh, whatever, it was already pretty.

I am very sure they are going to add a few bits here and there and tweak it. The changes from CryV will definitly affect it heavily.
    Crysis in my view had more going on then crysis 2, this is all subjective.

Chakat sex pillow
    Quote Originally Posted by henke View Post
    Is the remaster doing anything to the controls or gameplay? As far as I can tell, it isn't, which is a shame. Crysis 2, while having more boring and linear levels, improved and streamlined the actual gameplay a lot. Not having to switch to a certain mode to jump high, introducing stealth melee kills, etc. A combination of Crysis 2's gameplay with Crysis big open levels would be fun, but this remaster seemingly just makes it prettier? Meh, whatever, it was already pretty.
    I hope not. While I agree Crysis 2 streamlined the controls, it also made the game's interaction a bit too broad. I don't always want to punch someone into the sky, and I don't always want to run at the speed of sound and have that drain the energy meter. Having said that, it's not the end of the world if they port in Crysis 2/3's controls. As long as the rest of the game's faithful to the experience (including the bits of design like having the enemies speak in Korean on Delta without subtitles), that's all I'm looking for.
    Last edited by Sulphur; 19th Apr 2020 at 12:27.

PC Gamering Smartey Man

In Crysis 1 for 360/PS3 they ported over the streamlined nanosuit from Crysis 2. They might do the same for this remaster.

Chakat sex pillow
    Yeah, that would make sense given they're porting it to the consoles as well. OG Crysis's interface was clearly designed with a mouse and a keyboard as the de facto method of interaction.

Level 10,000 achieved
    Ah cool, I did not know that.

While I am interested in this, I think there's a good chance that since I last played Crysis several years back, the remaster wouldn't look all that different from how I remember the original looking, even if the differences were to be quite apparent in a side-by-side comparison.

Also, while I always liked the aesthetics of the aliens (and especially their freeze blasts) well enough, with every Crytek game I've played their visual appeal faded way before I was done with the games themselves. I've heard good things about Hunt: Showdown, so perhaps they've improved, but I'm not a huge fan of Crytek as game designers.

In retrospect I think it wasn’t as good as Far Cry for one very, very, simple reason.

Enemies spawn into the map during play WITHOUT being deployed by a vehicle. I had it happen a couple of times that I cleared a building, an alarm went off, and I had to mow down a dozen guys rushing out of the upper floors of this building I just cleared.

All the while lying claiming that the whole map was actually dynamic. There’s posts on other forums where users claim you can sit in the right spot at certain points in the game and actually see enemies spawning in a staircase.

PC Gamering Smartey Man

Far Cry 1 was smouldering shit, balanced by amateur game designers.

• Utterly broken stealth since enemy A.I. have X-ray vision that can see through the likes of dense foliage and thick canvas (i.e. tents); inhuman aiming accuracy; and a hivemind so when that one guy on patrol at the edge of an encampment spots you through an entire tropical forest, the entire base's personnel instantly knows where you are.
    • Saving only via checkpoints that are few and far in-between.
    • Most humans can kill you in 2-3 shots... then later you meet the bullet sponge mutants that kill you in one hit.

I love the story I love everything about this game and it is still awesome in 2020, Amazing Graphics even for today. But it actually runs well on powerful pc, and I can't believe Crysis 1 has better graphics than Crysis 2 and 3.

PC Gamering Smartey Man

Crysis Remaster barely looks and any different and in some cases it's worse. Crytek delayed it because of the backlash.
    https://archive.vn/lGiWb

I'm glad that they got called out for their cashgrabish remaster.

Crysis remaster isnt out yet, they have hold off on any official showcase yet.
    That people make videos on this now selling it as real comparison is just... Ignorant and cheap.

We have no offical material yet.
    Its not out yet

Crytek statement: https://twitter.com/Crysis/status/12...144033281?s=20

And all these people that expect graphicly super enhanced versions: You are not a real fan, because you would know that from all things at most we need a stable 64 bit version of crysis over everything.

Absolutly annoying these cancel culture people coming after crysis.

PC Gamering Smartey Man

Quote Originally Posted by Owl2 View Post
    Crysis remaster isnt out yet, they have hold off on any official showcase yet.
    That people make videos on this now selling it as real comparison is just... Ignorant and cheap.

We have no offical material yet.
    Dude, Crytek released a gameplay trailer a few days ago (that they've since pulled from their official channels). That's what people are basing their opinions off.
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1WexlUA2neI

And all these people that expect graphicly super enhanced versions: You are not a real fan, because you would know that from all things at most we need a stable 64 bit version of crysis over everything.
    Fuck off with your "no true Scotsman" bullshit. They're going to be ASKING MONEY for this release, at least $30 USD. People buy remasters for A. better graphics and framerates and B. to play older games on newer hardware platforms (mainly a desire of console players). P.S. We've had a 64-bit executable since Jan 2008 via the v1.1 patch.

I'd give your "people should have low expectations" argument a pass if they were charging a cheap price of $5-15, or giving it to existing owners as a free upgrade. $30 though? Hell nah, you gotta deliver something better at that price.
    Potential customers criticising a game coming to market is "cancel culture" now? Get a grip on reality, mate.

I'm getting 60-80fps at a resolution of 3072x1728. DX10, Very High graphical settings. Feel free to get the original version on discount and skip that remaster.

Crytek has released nothing, there is no remaster on the offical channels.
    This is all leaked material which could change really fast.

We should give Crytek the chance of redeeming themselves instead of making a cheap attention grab video.

It is still cooking!

I liked 2 the most cuz it was the most HL2-ey of the bunch. And its pacing and environment. Even at its most generic urban-ess, Cryengine 3 NY is beautiful. Its pretty much the only game set in Manhattan that I can forgive its inaccuracies, considering its circumstances.

Crysis 1 was kinda fun too, but it really felt spongy, and I always think aliens are the least fun things to fight. I also appreciate that hard mode is just the enemies speaking Korean (but I, like every average American, can easily understand Hangul, so its not that challenging).

I really hope the remastered version tweaks the damage values slightly to stop the spongyness.

Quote Originally Posted by EvaUnit02 View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Owl2 View Post
    Potential customers criticising a game coming to market is "cancel culture" now? Get a grip on reality, mate.
    I know I've been mean to you before, but I was genuinely happy to see this exchange.

Page 10 of 11 FirstFirst ... 567891011 LastLast