Added value ? Written by Dan Aykroyd and Harold Ramis

http://www.score.cz/images/db_images/00017/798.jpg
    http://www.score.cz/images/db_images/00017/801.jpg
    http://www.score.cz/images/db_images/00017/804.jpg
    http://www.score.cz/images/db_images/00017/807.jpg
    http://www.score.cz/images/db_images/00017/810.jpg
    http://www.score.cz/images/db_images/00017/813.jpg

All I can say, it was about time! \/

I was kinda hoping that this was going to be that awesome futuristic/post-apocalyptic Ghostbusters game* I heard about a while back. I guess that got cancelled.
    Dany Aykroyd seems really, really obsessed with this franchise. Seems he's been working very hard to get something - anything - made that is connected to it somehow.

*Or was it a film? I forget

BR796164
    IIRC the GB III was planned in the 90s and both Ramis and Aykroyd were enthusiastic about it, but Murray wasn't so and he had a condition that he would play Venkman again only if he was a ghost. Venkman - a ghost. Like if it had to be a remake of Randall & Hopkirk or something. Dunno if he meant it seriously or what, but Ramis and Aykroyd resigned on doing the sequel afterwards.

The game is supposed to fill the place of a movie sequel, it occures after GB II and you play a new GB recruit to save New York City once again.

Curiously both Ernie Hudson and Murray should, together with Ramis and Aykroyd, speak their parts.

is Best Pony
    All they need are Annie Potts and Rick Moranis and it'll be golden.

GBIII and IV were meant to be filmed back-to-back, weren't they?

BR796164
    And Sigourney Weaver! But I doubt there will be Dana, as she belongs more to Venkman's personal life and Weaver is far away from GB stuff already.

<3

Taking the Death Toll

is Best Pony
    Pfft, that ain't old school. Ghostbusters was the first game I ever bought for my C64.

I keep on getting the feeling that this is going to be connected to the Ghostbusters 3 CGI movie that's supposedly being made.

Actually, since the inital poster did a pretty poor job of giving the available information on this game, I'll create a better summary.

Developer:
    (PS3, Xbox360, PC) Terminal Reality
    (Wii, PS2, DS) Red Fly Studio

Confirmed actors from original movies that are involved:
    Dan Ackroyd
    Harold Ramis
    Bill Murray
    Ernie Hudson
    William Atherson (Walter Peck )
    Brian Doyle Murray (psychiatrist in Ghostbusters II)
    Annie Potts

Plot written by Harold Ramis and Dan Ackroyd.

See the wiki for more info.

The game looks good, but I'm not much of a fan of Terminal Reality (excluding Terminal Velocity). I really hope that they pull this off and that it doesn't end up like Sierra's last attempt to cash in on a classic movie.

For the record, I haven't played the Scarface game, but it really does look like crap.

EDIT: Actually, according to the wiki, the plotline will not be the same as "Ghostbusters Go to Hell."

is Best Pony
    Quote Originally Posted by The_Raven View Post
    William Atherson (Walter Peck )
    Brian Doyle Murray (psychiatrist in Ghostbusters II)
    Annie Potts
    Hell yes son

Quote Originally Posted by Moi Dix Mois View Post
    Dany Aykroyd seems really, really obsessed with this franchise.
    He also has his fly down. http://www.score.cz/images/db_images/00017/813.jpg

I guarantee that in the style of all the Star Trek and Star Wars FPS games, they'll replace your beamer with a high-powered ectoplasmic assault rifle within two levels.

The game looks good so far! Let's hope it doesn't end up being a steaming pile of ectoplasmic crap.

Quote Originally Posted by catbarf View Post
    I guarantee that in the style of all the Star Trek and Star Wars FPS games, they'll replace your beamer with a high-powered ectoplasmic assault rifle within two levels.
    The first console I got was a ZX Spectrum (in mid 90s, we live in the middle of nowhere). Ghostbusters was bundled, and I was completely obsessed with Ghostbusters at the time.

Disappointment.

If it is anything other than a Commandos-esque tactical strategy game, I will not be impressed.

BR796164
    Quote Originally Posted by The_Raven View Post
    Actually, since the inital poster did a pretty poor job of giving the available information on this game, I'll create a better summary.
    I'll give you poor. You could have just post a Wiki link and stop bragging with knowledge.

And what you have against Scarface? It was quite succesful and got decent reviews as well. You may thank the good reception of Scarface that Sierra has decided to bring GB franchise to our harddrives today, despite that GB isn't really a hot trademark for nearly 20 years back. The biggest criticized flaw of Scarface was that it was basically a GTA carbon copy - but a well made one.

More judgements made from screenshots plz.
    Last edited by Rogue Keeper; 22nd Nov 2007 at 03:55.

All I know is I love Ghostbusters. I'm excited to hear about the involvement of so many original people.

Still Subjective
    It's a nice idea and I really enjoyed the original film. But these guys are actors/writers not game developers and I can't help but feel that this will have great writing and plot (as far as GB plots go! 1st was good, 2nd not so much) but overall be a big letdown to everyone but the undiscerning and fanboys.

It, as do so many games these days, LOOKS great.

Quote Originally Posted by BR796164
    Stuff
    Yeah, all those points are more or less true. It is true that the info from my post was pulled from the wiki, but I already knew most of it from the various press releases made earlier. As for Scarface, I thought the ads on TV looked awful, and I was given impression from somewhere that it got awful reviews; I guess I made the wrong call then.

Here's a gameplay vid from G4, I could stand it with the sound off and my fast forwarding by the stupid hosts. It actually looks pretty good in motion, but it's still very rough around the edges. I really like how they got the lasso dynamics of the proton stream down.

Ghostbusters is very dear to my heart. They better not screw it up.

I surely can't be the only one who really hopes they don't make the "Ghostbusters go to Hell" movie. Everything about the plot sounds terrible... The plot centers around 4 new Ghostbusters and not the original 4, and most of the movie takes place in a CGI "ManHELLton"... And if it's a CGI movie, it'll probably resemble the cartoon show more than the films. This idea sounds like it should be a joke, or some immature fan fiction, not a serious contender for a movie.

I was hoping that entire plot would be moved to this video game, since I think this does sound like a reasonable game concept, but supposedly the plot of this game is unrelated to the "Hell" concept, which means they might still make the damn movie.

Definately one game I`ll be getting. Love both Ghost Busters movies + the majority of the Ghost Busters games out there, except for the terrible PC Ghost Busters 2 game.

The original game on the Sega Master system kicked ass

is Best Pony
    Activision have declined to publish the game, so Sony are looking for a new partner. On the other hand, they're apparently taking the opportunity to tweak the marketing etc to coincide with the 25th anniversary of the original film's release, in 2009.

BR796164
    Oops. Spring 09 then? Well no biggie, I can wait, this autumn will see some attractive releases anyway.

Looks kind of dated...

Dated graphics, or not (they're not that bad IMHO), it could still be fun.

One of the demo videos does casually mention a tricky game mechanic though: Apparently you never die, you just get incapacitated for a few seconds. It could still be fun if implemented well, but it better not reduce the challenges to 'just keep at it and you'll win'.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast