TTLG|Thief|Bioshock|System Shock|Deus Ex|Mobile
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: T2 mission by SlyFoxx: Unnecessary Risk (Nov. 29/2007)

I am on the top of the rocks, there id a weirdly grown tree out of the wall, with a rope hanging out of it. But from that rope, I can't jump on the ledge.

spoiler:
    Face south. Jump for the lower ledge. Go south. Look up and shoot rope into the next tree.
    Last edited by SlyFoxx; 30th Nov 2007 at 08:27.

Quote Originally Posted by Sticky Fingers View Post
    Yes. Yes it does. Aaaannd...?
    Maybe a bit obscure of a hint. Look on the lower level of the house.

More specific hint: Look in the area with the stand alone display case, the one with the unbreakable glass panels.

Thanx, shadows. Strange...I'd checked over that area a couple of times, but found what I needed to immediately after reading your hint (some kind of magic?)

Thank-you, SlyFoxx - terrific-looking mission & a lot of fun. You must have had a great time with those conversations!

One little nit-pick:
    spoiler:
    it would have stuck it to Bafford even more if Garrett could have stolen back "his" BJ - & left a note such as "thanks for the spare". (dunno about anybody else, but I couldn't break that glass.)

This was fun. I loved the names of the books in his secret place. I never found the wine place though.
    Someone said its near the bathroom.
    I couldn't find anything. Hints please.

Great job Thank you
    Last edited by Nightwalker; 30th Nov 2007 at 18:02.

Quote Originally Posted by maloo View Post
    This was fun. I loved the names of the books in his secret place. I never found the wine place though.
    Someone said its near the bathroom. I couldn't find anything. Hints please.

Great job Thank you
    Hint: It's good for slashing.

Keeper of FMs
    Way to go, SlyFoxx!
    This was very enjoyable! I loved all the humorous conversations & books. They added a lot of fun to the mission.

And to answer the hidden question...
    spoiler:
    I slipped when I was trying to find a way to get to Dewdrop!! What else would I be doing back there?

@Sticky...
    spoiler:
    At one point that was the mission. I had a working title of "Get Your Bloody Black Blackjack Back" or some such thing. Back story about Bafford boasting to everybody about besting Garrett and having a cocktail party to show off his new trophy. Garrett being laughed out of The Crippled Burrick and not allowed back until he redeemed himself.

But at some point I felt Garrett wouldn't give a crap about what Bafford said or how his snooty noble friends felt. Plus the get your blackjack back thing had been done before. So Bafford can keep is fasle trophy along with all the others.

Is it possible to get Dewdrop or is it to put it in Garrett's words "just for show"? I don't see how i can get up there.

Thanks, Sly for this. I just got back from a business and now I can unwind wind by playing a mission from a thief legend.

Now off to sneak about.

Quote Originally Posted by shadows View Post
    Is it possible to get Dewdrop or is it to put it in Garrett's words "just for show"? I don't see how i can get up there.
    Oh yeah. It's possible. I know of two methods. There might be more. But I'm not telling.

I'd appreciate nobody even posting spoliers about this one at this time. Give the mission some time to collect a little dust first at least.

Oh yeah...flying_hope set up another mirror. Thanks!

http://www.0815x.org/thief/UR_V1.zip

OMG! This is soooo much fun, Sly! Very well executed (as usual)! Just LOVE what you've done with the place, btw!

One thing; I can't find the switch to open the trapdoor in the ceiling of the front hallway (can't get up on the roof in this sequel).

Hints please?

Tx!

Quote Originally Posted by Dia View Post
    One thing; I can't find the switch to open the trapdoor in the ceiling of the front hallway (can't get up on the roof in this sequel).

Hints please?

Tx!
    What trapdoor? As for getting up on the roof, yes you can.

A hint as to where the key to open the wine cabinet is? Thanks.

I like the new AI remarks. "These torches don't work so well do they."
    Also found the other surprise, apart from Dewdrop.
    Nice work Sly.
    Last edited by shadows; 30th Nov 2007 at 18:41.

shadows: if you stand in Bafford's front hallway by or on the main staircase & look up at the middle of the ceiling you'll see a lighter square of wood. That was a trapdoor in Sly's previous FM but I can't remember where the switch was located then. Guess if there's no longer a trapdoor there, then I'm off to try & figure out a way to get hold of Dewdrop.

I went up on the roof (yeah, got up the same way I did in the previous FM, too, but had forgotten how I did it last time ), but there was nothing to see; except seriously beautiful scenery, of course. Loved the fact that you could hide under the hanging branches of the pines. Nice touch, Sly!

WOW!
    What did I miss here ? I ended the game, just missing some loot ..... Seems I didn't find my beloved Dewdrop!!!

Have to check it out again ....

Just wanted to say this was another great FM! Thanks SlyFoxx

Now I go to bed, very ashamed.
    I let Dewdrop down

hope she will forgive me when I find her ....

Gloria Creep
    There're angels who playThief and angels who don't ........ both go to heaven ............
    Dare to join .............

Clearinghouse
    SlyFoxx, thank you! Very, very beautiful level

You're welcome clearing. I do what I can.

@Gloria...first off...big hug....second...Dew Drop will be very happy to see you.

I can see Dewdrop, but can't for the life of me find a way to get to her. Helpful hints (or downright spoilers) welcome! I've swung & jumped & leaped til my knees are bloody and still can't get there. Might help if I had a prehensile tail.

Btw, Sly; every time you release one of your FMs I think you couldn't manage to outdo your last one. Once again, you've proven me (happily) wrong. Excellent mission, Sly; I'm having the time of my life!! Thanks so much for your hard work & efforts and to all who contributed.

But really, Garrett singing opera? Puhleeeeze!!

But really, Garrett singing opera? Puhleeeeze!! [/QUOTE]

Hey..it's one of those artistic risks that I take from time to time. I actually do sing well in real life.

Just teasin'! Your 'Garrett' voice can make a lot of us (who've admittedly had a crush on his character) go a tad weak in the knees. You do it so well, my dear.

Nowwww; about getting to Dewdrop ........ help please.

Quote Originally Posted by SlyFoxx View Post
    @Sticky...
    spoiler:
    At one point that was the mission. I had a working title of "Get Your Bloody Black Blackjack Back" or some such thing. Back story about Bafford boasting to everybody about besting Garrett and having a cocktail party to show off his new trophy. Garrett being laughed out of The Crippled Burrick and not allowed back until he redeemed himself.

But at some point I felt Garrett wouldn't give a crap about what Bafford said or how his snooty noble friends felt. Plus the get your blackjack back thing had been done before. So Bafford can keep is fasle trophy along with all the others.
    I see your point -
    spoiler:
    at first I was peeved that a nit-wit like Bafford was getting away with this ridiculous claim. Then again, if his snooty (& therefore rich) pals are stupid enough to believe it, they may be somewhat more lax with their own security And find out, in due course, that Garrett's still got his BJ

Should have said before - those trophy-room plaques were a blast

Just finished, 2456/2991 potential loot. I never made it into the guard towers, I saw no way to get into them on expert difficulty (which I cannot believe I played, I love my blackjack and going without it means I'll be playing this again on a lower difficulty), is there loot in the towers? If so, any advice on getting in? I'm not a very good ghoster.

I did find the secret room, and the secret area within the room. Also, I found the wine cabinet, but never found the way into it. I did find Benny's pilfered bottle, though.

I also saw Dewdrop, and wasn't able to get to her either. I tried speed potions, safefall potions, both at once, and every manner of tricky jumping and strafing and leaping and twisting I could imagine, and my only reward was to go splat, a lot. I'm a klutz, though, so I'm accustomed to going splat! Hah

Thank you, SlyFoxx, for this fun, funny, and beautiful little mission!
    ~Shaz

Shaz :
    spoiler:
    there can't be much, if any - I fell 85 short & didn't have enough water arrows to even try the towers. Pity you can't use your sword on the wine cabinet (on Expert)? No idea where that key is...

Clearinghouse
    spoiler:
    The key on the doorframe.

Now you tell me! I used the alternative method of laying a mine & then shooting it with an arrow. Noisy, but it worked.

Clearinghouse
    Nice, SlyFoxx

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast