TTLG|Thief|Bioshock|System Shock|Deus Ex|Mobile
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: T2 mission by SlyFoxx: Unnecessary Risk (Nov. 29/2007)

Quote Originally Posted by SlyFoxx View Post
    Oh yeah. It's possible. I know of two methods. There might be more. But I'm not telling.
    I am guessing that only one of those methods is legitimate. I can't see any way that one could climb up there, there's nowhere to anchor a rope arrow or any ladders. You can't blast her off with a fire arrow. I am guessing either that there's some invisible bridge across (ala Indiana Jones) or there's a switch somewhere that zips you there.

Oh, i found your note BTW and my answer is: looking for Dewdrop!

Quote Originally Posted by Dia View Post
    I went up on the roof (yeah, got up the same way I did in the previous FM, too, but had forgotten how I did it last time ), but there was nothing to see; except seriously beautiful scenery, of course.
    WHAT?! and the
    spoiler:
    Easter Egg
    is nothing

Quote Originally Posted by shadows View Post
    Oh, i found your note BTW and my answer is: looking for Dewdrop!
    Ditto!

But I got her. But I'm not telling how either, so there.
    Last edited by nickie; 1st Dec 2007 at 13:09.

Quote Originally Posted by shadows View Post
    I am guessing that only one of those methods is legitimate. I can't see any way that one could climb up there, there's nowhere to anchor a rope arrow or any ladders. You can't blast her off with a fire arrow. I am guessing either that there's some invisible bridge across (ala Indiana Jones) or there's a switch somewhere that zips you there.
    I've decided that regardless of the fact that Sly is a master FM author and has one of the sexiest Garrett-voices in the universe, he is most definitely Evil. I've tried for over half an hour to get over to our little friend; to no avail. I received a PM from a dear friend giving me a hint, but just couldn't accomplish the (what I now deem to be) impossible feat. I'm no quitter, but I quit. After completing all objectives (including two bonuses), of course. It's a good thing Sly doesn't live closeby, or I'd be pounding on his front door right about now.

Quote Originally Posted by Stanbeta View Post
    WHAT?! and the
    spoiler:
    Easter Egg
    is nothing
    What Easter Egg? I really didn't see anything up there. Except a grand view of the grounds, that is. Or is just getting up on the roof the Easter Egg?

Edit: nickie; just read your post after I'd already posted mine. PM me with your solution, pleeeeeeezzzzzze!! (You'll be my new best friend! )

What Easter Egg? I really didn't see anything up there. Except a grand view of the grounds, that is. Or is just getting up on the roof the Easter Egg?
    There's not much on the roof, so it shouldn't be hard to work out where it could be.
    Last edited by shadows; 1st Dec 2007 at 14:03.

Edit: nickie; just read your post after I'd already posted mine. PM me with your solution, pleeeeeeezzzzzze!! (You'll be my new best friend! )
    Mmmm. You might be able to bribe me with a bottle of gin. Have to say that after my abysmal efforts with the famous ledge, I do feel quite chuffed with myself.

Anybody experiencing sudden closing up of the application?
    I'm on top level (Bedroom) and the game suddenly shuts down back to windows................

Keeper of FMs
    Don't leave poor Dewdrop stranded!

There are definitely 2 totally different ways to get to Dewdrop - one easy, one hard. Knowing Sly...there may be more!

Quote Originally Posted by maga View Post
    Anybody experiencing sudden closing up of the application?
    I'm on top level (Bedroom) and the game suddenly shuts down back to windows................
    No. It shouldn't do that.

The fake golden bones, it's not complete, one of the leg bones is missing... Is this significant?

I did it! I got Dewdrop. Looks like one of my assumptions was wrong. I think I did it the hard way. Now i still need full loot.
    Last edited by shadows; 1st Dec 2007 at 19:10.

I've just finished it. Nice FM, I enjoyed playing it.

Ghost
    I can't even see Dewdrop; where is she?

Dafydd

Quote Originally Posted by Dafydd View Post
    I can't even see Dewdrop; where is she?

Dafydd
    spoiler:
    Look around, just before you enter the garden-area through the hole in the wall.

AHA!!!!! I DID IT!!! I GOT DEWDROP!!!!

I STOOD ON THAT MOUNTAINTOP AND RAISED THAT DAMNED DOLL HIGH INTO THE SKY, PROCLAIMING MY VICTORY AGAINST ALL ODDS, DANCING AND SINGING THAT I HAD CONQUERED THIS MOUNTAIN, A FEAT WHICH I ONCE THOUGHT IMPOSSIBLE, DARING THOSE INFELICITOUS GODS TO HURL THEIR CHALLENGES AND THUNDERBOLTS AND ......................... and then I fell off.

Well, I got DD anyhow; eventually.

Thanks to all the very helpful Taffers who provided me with hints, btw.

L'architecte de Rocksbourg
    Just finished it, very nice little mission, I had a great time playing it. The conversations were terrific

I didn't see dewdrop though, and couldn't find the key for the golden bottles... maybe next time.

Thanks a lot

Wow. Finally a fanmission that I really like! Not just like, but REALLY like. Great job, Slyfoxx.

The building was well done. It was fun to look at. I liked the atmosphere. I also really liked the fact that Garrett seemed to be in a *good* mood this time. I've always had the impression he likes his job, for the most part, but this time he was having fun with it. Nice take on it from the more serious thief thats normally depicted. I'd like to see him in a good mood like this more often.

The conversations between the guards were fun. It was interesting to see the guards a little more talkative between themselves than usual. A bit more realistic, I think. I can't see a pair standing there utterly silent all night long, so it was nice to see the 'random' chitchat between them. And that one freaking out made me laugh. Although it would have been nice to hear the one being yelled at grumbling to himself a little after that tirade.

I didn't quite manage to ghost the thing, I kept running into servants who'd go alert the guards - and ran into a few issues of them apparently seeing me through walls. But I got through, leaping madly over the wall at the end. lol Did not manage to get Dewdrop - but I'm going to play again and hopefully manage that this time.

Great mission!

And Dia is right. Your 'Garrett' voice is darn good. I've snabbed the clips out of the mission so I can use them or listen to them. *wanders off to find windows events to attach them to*
    Last edited by Elentari; 2nd Dec 2007 at 16:53.

Dewdrop

Got her!

Once I post I know I'll figure it out...but...

How in the world do I get out of the rock pit in the beginning of the game?

Sorry you guys even answered this question. Soon as I put the fire out I found the tunnel from
    a blinking light or flame on the other side. Thanks anyway though ;-)
    Last edited by Acolyte6; 2nd Dec 2007 at 19:22. Reason: Duh :-)

Quote Originally Posted by Acolyte6 View Post
    How in the world do I get out of the rock pit in the beginning of the game?
    ahahahah *coughcoughs* Ahhhh, sorry. But, really. I feel SO much better, now. Density loves company, after all. lol After spending 10 minutes throwing myself at every inch of that pit, gulping the speed potion and trying again. . .scouring this thread to find I was apparently the only one too silly to find it. . .I'm happy to see someone else having the same problem.

To get out:

spoiler:
    Go all the way to the back of the pit, crouch down and slide through the crack that turns quite sharply to the right and you'll come out into the play area.

Its a bit hard to spot unless you're prepared to squash.

Here's some dense company for ya.

I roped out and back in again.

Quote Originally Posted by Shaz View Post
    I never made it into the guard towers, I saw no way to get into them on expert difficulty (which I cannot believe I played, I love my blackjack and going without it means I'll be playing this again on a lower difficulty), is there loot in the towers? If so, any advice on getting in? I'm not a very good ghoster.
    spoiler:
    There is no loot in the towers. You need a blackjack to get in and find that out. Or to find it all the hard way, which is not so easy in Expert.

Great Mission, just finished...

It felt good to get at Lord Baffords' estates again Felt a bit short, but otherwise awesome... Good Job!!

Ghost
    I ghosted it. I received three bonuses: two loots and the Dewdrop bonus. (I didn't get Perfect Thief, though, as I never found about 350 loot or so.)

Is there some way to get into the display case that contains the blackjack, the hammer, and so forth? I couldn't find anything.

Maybe I'll replay this in Hard, so I can KO everyone...

Dafydd

Quote Originally Posted by Dafydd View Post
    Is there some way to get into the display case that contains the blackjack, the hammer, and so forth? I couldn't find anything.
    The glass has a LOT of hit points so you could break it eventually but the stuff inside has no value and can't be frobbed.

Quote Originally Posted by Shaz View Post
    I never made it into the guard towers, I saw no way to get into them on expert difficulty (which I cannot believe I played, I love my blackjack and going without it means I'll be playing this again on a lower difficulty), is there loot in the towers? If so, any advice on getting in? I'm not a very good ghoster.
    I disposed of the guards in the towers by
    spoiler:
    letting them see me, then moving to the side, so that when they shot me, their arrows hit the side of the tower window. Of course as they use fire arrows, the idiots blew themselves up!

I've finished the mission all except the
    spoiler:
    secret room
    - can someone give me a hint please - I've searched the area mentioned in a previous post, and have found the door, but not how to open it....

Doh !! Found it at last - that was sooooo hard to see.
    Last edited by frobbin hood; 3rd Dec 2007 at 17:00. Reason: update...

Just found the scroll :-
    spoiler:
    Taffer, what the hell are you doing back here?

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast