TTLG|Thief|Bioshock|System Shock|Deus Ex|Mobile
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: T2 mission by SlyFoxx: Unnecessary Risk (Nov. 29/2007)

well I got dewdrop, I can't believe I did what I did to get her though, 285 short of max loot didn't use Garrett level though I like my BJ too much

Verrrrrry nice looking level, nice simple layout but surprisingly difficult, for 2 months effort this is damn good, I would have liked a stealthy way into the guard towers though

Slyfoxx : I've pm'd you with how I got her can you PM me with the other way .. ways ( I really don't believe I went the way you intended ) ?

WooHoo ! Just got Dewdrop!

As with you Esme, I'm surprised at what I was able to do...didn't expect that.

apparently there are at least two other ways, the way I went isn't far off one of them but it is different so there are at least three ways

Quote Originally Posted by shadows View Post
    The fake golden bones, it's not complete, one of the leg bones is missing... Is this significant?
    spoiler:
    There is another golden bone in the attic but I'm not sure how or if you can get there.

I missed a lot here ... ???
    Thanks for the big hug Sly Foxx! I'm sending one right back to you! 000 + XXX!

I don't understand: about the singing of Garrett .... the secret room ánd about Dewdrop!!!

I miss her!

I tried to find her .... and I know I've got 2 speedpotions and somewhere to climb, but I'm numb now I tried A LOT!!!

I tried climbing around "the hole" .... tried jumping to the "chimney thing" in the garden .... It doesn't work!
    I don't know what to do here anymore?

Please tell me what to do here?
    I'd like to at least find Dewdrop!!!

Gloria Creep
    There're angels who playThief and angels who don't ........ both go to heaven ............
    Dare to join .............

Quote Originally Posted by The_Dude View Post
    spoiler:
    There is another golden bone in the attic but I'm not sure how or if you can get there.
    Not sure, but i think someone mentioned that there's another secret room apart from the one that most people have found, perhaps it's this attic area?

Keeper of FMs
    Here's a little help, Gloria!

Garrett's Song:
    Garrett was singing a song from "Song of the Caverns", one of the missions added for Thief Gold.

Dewdrop:
    spoiler:
    Stand on the ledge just outside the hole & look across the valley to the tall rock. You may need to zoom in to see her. Once you see her, there are at least 3 different ways to get up there.

Secret Room:
    spoiler:
    Stand on top of the wall around the house, and you can jump over to the chimney with a speed potion, but you will lose health points when you fall down. There is an easier way into the secret room in the downstairs display room. Look near the banner. There is another secret area inside the secret room.

This is an incredibly nice fm for being just an obligation fulfillment to the aurhor. Thank you, Slyfoxx! I only played on 'Hard' because I'm waaay too fond of bean-bopping to let go of my trusty blackjack.

Found all the goodies, but needed help with finding the
    spoiler:
    key to open the booze box (doh!)
    And Ahhh, Gloria dear, sorry but I'm so tired from trying to reach DewDrop that I have to lie down and rest for a bit. In my alternate Thiefy universe, she'll have to stay where she is for now.

redleaf,

Could you (or anyone?) give me a little hint as to where that key is? Drove me batty, being unable to open that. I still need to go back in and get that open, and rescue Dewdrop, since my previous *splat* attempts were *splat* very *splat* unsuccessful.

Thanks!
    ~Shaz
    ....*splat*.

Quote Originally Posted by Shaz View Post
    redleaf,

Could you (or anyone?) give me a little hint as to where that key is? Drove me batty, being unable to open that.
    Thanks!
    ~Shaz
    ....*splat*.

It's in the most obvious and convenient place imaginable. You can even look directly at it depending on where you stand.

Just to add. It was a bit of a go around on how to handle the loot requirement for expert difficulty. In the end I decided that only loot in plain view would be required to win the mission. The rest is there for those players who are true scroungers or just plain damn good. I like fulfilling objectives that have no clues and wish more missions contained such things. The tough finds in this mission are not meant to annoy. They are meant to reward the seasoned veteran (like me). :grin:
    Last edited by SlyFoxx; 5th Dec 2007 at 01:10.

spoiler:
    Top of the door to the bathroom

Oh, I fully agree with you, SlyFoxx! I'll frequently set myself personal goals in missions just for the fun of it, and I adore it when I do something as one of my goals (like getting to really hard to get to areas!), or just because 'it makes sense'/'it feels right', that winds up being a hidden/bonus objective. I really, really love those!

And my going splat a lot shooting for Dewdrop wasn't annoying. I think I just put myself in a 'THIS is the way I'm gonna get to her!' mindset, and the way my mind was set in is not the way you get to her. Ergo, much splatting was to be had, hehe.

I probably had a hard time finding that key because I'm unaccustomed to ghosting. I love my blackjack and I love being able to freely scour every inch of a place, without dodging servants. I did it though, quite successfully, using hardly any water arrows at all, and felt really proud of myself for it!

One of my goals with AFIN and UR was to make two missions that were not too difficult to ghost or at least semi-ghost. There is a special satisfaction that can only be had by getting by with just lock-picks, rope, head, hands and feet.

In earlier alpha and beta versions most of the patrolling AI were set to patrol at random. It made it even a challenge for the designer because even I couldn't be sure where they were going! But since I used as few patrol points as possible the pathfiniding was a bit buggy at times so I went with standard patrols for the release version.

If anybody wants to try the mission that way grab the mission file below.
    The mission is exactly the same as the original release save the change to the AI's patrol behavior.

http://rapidshare.com/files/74505611...ndomPatrol.zip

1) Make a copy of the original (UR_V1.zip) zip file.
    2) Rename it to something else ...say Mod_UR_V1.zip
    3) Extract the contents of the new zip.
    4) Rename the file UR_V1_RandomPatrol.mis to miss20.mis.
    5) Replace the old miss20.mis file with the new one.
    6) Zip the contents of Mod_UR_V1 back up.
    7) Play through Darkloader.

Clearinghouse
    Interesting. Thanks!

Can you be specific where to enter the secret room
    spoiler:
    (look near a banner) through the displayroom downstairs.
    I tried jumping to the chimney with a speedpotion, but I never reached it.

I can see Dewdrop now, tried rope arrows, never got there. It's tough. Any further hints?

Gloria Creep
    There're angels who playThief and angels who don't ........ both go to heaven ............

Quote Originally Posted by Gloria Creep View Post
    Can you be specific where to enter the secret room
    spoiler:
    (look near a banner) through the displayroom downstairs.
    I tried jumping to the chimney with a speedpotion, but I never reached it.
    spoiler:
    An easier way, go into the house, go downstairs to where Bafford keep shis trophies (e.g Garretts 'blackjack' & Hammerite relics) Start slashing the banners, it should reveal a door. Now in one of the corners is a statue (I think) frob around there, you should be able to activate a switch.

I can see Dewdrop now, tried rope arrows, never got there. It's tough. Any further hints?
    spoiler:
    Save first. Drink the speed potion and run straight to it. In my case, I ran into the cliff, but could just frob Dewdrop in time.

spoiler:
    I used rope arrows.

If you can't find the special
    spoiler:
    key to the secret liquor cabinet
    then do the obvious:
    spoiler:
    bash it open with your sword!

Damnit, I blink for a few seconds, and I miss Slyfoxx post a new mission.

What a world. Downloading now, and I'm looking forward to playing it!

.j.

I'd stop blinking then, if I was you!

Gloria

As for the secret room. I took a crate, put it next to the chimney & mantled up, but you have to do it on the corner of the chimney, not in the middle 'cause that won't work...

Thanks Taffers, for all the help.
    I found the secret room and even managed to get Dewdrop!!!
    This definately is one to play more than once

Gloria Creep

Thanks Taffers, for all the help.
    I found the secret room and even managed to get Dewdrop!!!
    This definately is one to play more than once

Gloria Creep
    Gloria:
    spoiler:
    Did you get the secret room inside the secret room? Apparently there is one. And I ain't got it. Nor do I have it.

Guys, a hint would be great

Keeper of FMs
    Quote Originally Posted by bob_doe_nz View Post
    Gloria:
    spoiler:
    Did you get the secret room inside the secret room? Apparently there is one. And I ain't got it. Nor do I have it.

Guys, a hint would be great
    Hint:
    spoiler:
    Look closely around the bookcases.

Spoiler:
    spoiler:
    There is a wall hanging above the bookcase next to the fireplace. It can be opened.

Now, I know this is a funny thing to whine about... but I finished the mission, got the secrets (including the easter egg) and grabbed dewdrop - but Garrett didn't sing for me - what did I miss?

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast