TTLG|Thief|Bioshock|System Shock|Deus Ex|Mobile
Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast

Thread: Thief 2 FM "Unknown Treasure" RELEASED 12-05-2007

Quote Originally Posted by maloo View Post
    in the building with the second floor garden it looks like there is a secret under the stairs, where is the switch?
    I don't know if there is any. You can bash the bricks with your BJ

Super. Downloading now!

After 2 hours of playing I have found not one, not two, but zero pieces of treasure. Has anyone actually found any of them yet?

As for loot I just managed to push over the 4000 mark.

I have a criticism, hopefully constructive. In the cave area with the big steps which you have to climb up, they are invertly sloped. This makes it very difficult to mantle up cause Garrett just gets stuck, whilst not impossible, it just makes it frustrating for the player. I am surprised the beta testers didn't mention this, unless i am missing something. Also once you have gotten across, you can press a switch to get back across, since i didn't have any of the 4 treasure pieces i crossed back, only to find the steps sunk back into the lava. But this means the player now has to go around the long way again, which seems a bit pointless. They should be rewarded for doing it once, with the steps remaining as they are. Sorry to sound negative but the steps sunking back in, just seemed to add insult to injury.

There's a piece of loot that i just can't get, has anyone else had this problem? It's in the building with the hammerite at the top in a room with a table with a hammer. As you go into the building, there's a big barrel on your right and stairs and a shard of blue crystal(?) inbetween, no matter what i do i can't get it!? I crouch, i lean forward, i do a combination of both, i try to push the barrel aside a bit. Anyone any ideas? Perhaps the beta testers could tell me how they did it?

SethAC, have you completed the task for the pagan? That'll get you some well needed cash. Explore the rooftops to find him.
    Last edited by shadows; 6th Dec 2007 at 14:53.

@ shadows:
    spoiler:
    i found it not difficult to climb over the roof of the sunken house. DON'T try it in the middle / top angle
    spoiler:
    you can destroy the barrel

spoiler:
    there is a switch in the cave ? it seems, i missed it. climbing there is really frustrating, i stopped trying for today
    spoiler:
    for the 'treasures'
    to make them frobbable, the cave must be explored to the far end.
    1 (green) is in the cemetary - get the pagan mission is necessary
    1 (purple) is in the swordfighters (yangus) house - look for the office key there
    1 (blue) is in the water channel
    1 (red) end of lava stream, lower cave entrance
    Last edited by UliB; 7th Dec 2007 at 08:15. Reason: update

spoiler:
    The treasures are these strange plates with the diamond in it, I think. You can find one of these things in the graveyard and another in the small canal in the city area.

My problem: I can't frob them, so I think I have to do something else first
    spoiler:
    similiar to the graveyard switch which can only be frobbed when you've got the pagans task.

I need a loot list or I can never finish this mission.

shadows... you can press the button anytime, and the stepping stones will rise up again in the lava. I believe that once you have read the plaques on the 4 stones in the cave, that you than can start to pick up the 4 treasures (one of which is at the end of the lava cave where the fire guard patrols). I don't like this approach, because I did come across a couple of the treasures earlier, but couldn't pick them up... and now that I can, I can't find them! Also, that piece of loot behind the barrel... I just crouch and walk into it while pushing the frob key. When it momentarily highlights, you've got it.

I now need some help, please... I've only found 2 treasures (red and blue). Can someone direct me to the location of the remaining two. I'm tired of searching! Also, I can't find Basso's gift. I have 4309 loot/returned necklace/killed Yangus. Thanks

Oh,oh... I bet I ko'd the pagan, so I won't be getting any task. And then I can't get into the graveyard and get the treasure that's probably there! NUTS!

@SethAC: Have you been in the sunken house attic ?
    Viel Spass noch...

thanks for the help guys!

Hoylyx and Ulib, once you've crossed to the other side of the lava river, the switch is on your left as you face the lava river at the entrace on the other side. Yes you can press the switch as many times as you like, but there is no switch on both sides, only on the other side, which means going the long way round again. Of course if you're good enough you could use a arrow or even a fire arrow to press the switch (actually it's a button not a switch) to get back again.

Hoylyx, the green plaque is indeed in the graveyard. If you have the mini journal, this tells you where the yellow plaque is. It 'tells' you to go to the Yangus Estate and ring the bell opposite it, this'll get rid of the guards and you can enter. Can't find Basso's item either
    Last edited by shadows; 6th Dec 2007 at 16:57.

Hotlyx,

Where
    spoiler:
    are these "4 stones in the cave?"

Gotta love trying to reach that
    spoiler:
    drill bit
    on the ledge.....

Reminded me of the good ole Tomb Raider days of "on the 40th time - I bet I'll get it".....

Slingblade... when you crouch and move around the shore of the lava river, then you get to the lava falls. Jump onto the stalagtite, then jump onto the 2nd stalagtite and shimmy down to the ground. Climb the rocks and crouch and move around the lava river on this side until you find a cave which has the 4 stones that require the 4 keys (gems).

bikerdude

love the main title music

Hi Gort

Di you make that music yerself..? its very good, I listened to it 4 times in a row, love the harmony and the simpleness of it..:-)

I cant play the mission atm as Im doing some very important beta testing..

biker

The banned user, not the game
    need a bit of help,i got 3 of the 4 treasures,red,blue and green,i just got the ring,i did peagan objectives
    spoiler:
    threw zombie bait into compound and retrieved the potion for peagan

cant figure out bennys objective

how do i open the door in estate right as you enter? i think yellow treasure is there

over all i need to know how to get yellow treasure and benny objective
    User was banned by Digital Nightfall on 8-4-2008
    Last edited by Thief_4; 6th Dec 2007 at 18:53.

Is anyone else suffering with the old death stage 12 on the broadheads? Having said suffering its the only thing getting me through since I seem to have alerted the whole city! Those guards sure die quick. No long death speeches for them.

Not the dreaded DS12! That's one of the things a few author's forget to check for before they zip up their mission(s). That DS12 bug can cause all sorts of trouble!

is anyone having long load times if you load a saved game. It takes forever to load a saved game for me just asking. Thanks

Gort,do you have an update version of the fan mission. The mission will not load at all for me and i have all the scripts to play it and also when i am in the game it slows down alot and it is really slow to load saved places that i have saved, any ideas on what is going on? Thanks Great mission this is

Quote Originally Posted by Garrettwannabe View Post
    Gotta love trying to reach that
    spoiler:
    drill bit
    on the ledge.....

Reminded me of the good ole Tomb Raider days of "on the 40th time - I bet I'll get it".....
    I had the same problem too. I tried to run up the ramp and pick up speed and jump to the ledge, but you can't pick up speed running up hill or jump, the physics don't work like that. The solution was to run off the ramp and then use a slowfall potion and i landed on the ledge. The slowfall potion is on a windowsill, outside a building next to a sewer cover (openable).

Thief_4, The key to open that door is on the upper floor. There's a room with a practice dummy, it's in there. I am not sure what benny objective you're refering to

The_Dude. Yeah i am having DS12 problems with my flash bomb.

bbro, no problems with save games here.

Keeper of FMs
    Basso's ring:
    spoiler:
    When you kill Yangus, he has the ring. Check your inventory for the "Magical Ring". That is Basso's stolen ring.

I've got the blue, purple & red gem plaques.
    spoiler:
    How do I get into the cemetary to get the green one? I think I need to find the pagan first, but I've explored up & down & all over. Where is this pagan hiding?

Thanks for a great mission, GORT. Love the music!

The banned user, not the game
    thank you i beat it on hardest setting
    spoiler:
    3/2 secrets

great map will be replaying it agian forsure

i saw a button on roof floating on the way to pagan does ti do anything?
    User was banned by Digital Nightfall on 8-4-2008
    Last edited by Thief_4; 7th Dec 2007 at 02:48. Reason: question

I'm stuck at the same place as you pavlovscat.

I have 3 treasures.

spoiler:
    I'm guessing to access the 4th in the cemetery, I somehow need to climb over the roof of the sunken house to find the pagan task. No matter how hard I try, can't get over the eaves. Can jump up on the edge of eaves, move sideways, though sometimes get stuck in the middle and need to reload. Is there a trick or sweet spot?

There is a reload problem! Quick load after 2 quick saves - SLOW!!

Only after 2 quick saves, the quick load is now very slow, fine after first, very slow after second save, makes it slower than a T3 reload!!

Please if possible, post a fix for this reload issue, I am a quick save/reload junkie!

Its a fun mission, Thanks!!

I like the 'future' acting guards, or are they on 'meth'? Can not seem to drown many in the river/sewer playing the 'chase me' game hoping for them to mis-step and drown themselves (less to avoid or club!).

Thanks again!!

Finally finished mission (on difficult) .
    Arrows had the DS12-problem from start, but this was not a real problem for me Had a lot of fun, except for a few tricky mantling places.
    In the last quarter of the game, i also had extremely long loading times for savegames.

Hmm. I found 4 of 2 secrets and 4994 loot. I wonder, where the remainig loot might be.....

Here is a spoiler list of the secrets i found: (maybe there are some more )

backyard not far from the gate to the sunken house

drill bit (from hotel roof)

secret room under stairs in house with garden on 2nd floor (use bj)

secret room in flat of the necklace-couple (find switch)

Outstanding mission. Liked the sounds, the architecture, the big city to explore, the new ai, the new objectives, etc., etc.

Many, many thanks for this, GORT.
    Last edited by UliB; 7th Dec 2007 at 08:58.

About that drill bit...
    You'll need to get a speed potion to get on that ledge.
    spoiler:
    On Average: The potion is located behind a moved armware in someone's room, on the second floor.
    On Difficult: It's located on a window sill outside of the Williams' house.
    And on Insane!: It's located on a window sill outside, by the Hammerite on the second floor.

Remember,
    spoiler:
    the ring is on Yangus. It's hard to find it on him, but it's there. Also, I think auto search will do the trick.

I've never got the DS12 on any of the items or arrows when I've test-runned the FM right before it was uploaded. Exactly when did it start for these items? I would like to fix it as soon as possible.

DS12 Solved!
    Total Secrets Error Solved!
    Now, about the other errors...
    Last edited by GORT; 7th Dec 2007 at 09:21.

Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast