TTLG|Thief|Bioshock|System Shock|Deus Ex|Mobile
Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 12345678 ... LastLast

Thread: Thief 2 FM "Unknown Treasure" RELEASED 12-05-2007

Sorry taffers but I got some questions, hope you can help me!
    spoiler:
    Where is that sunken house? Are you refering to the thieves house?

spoiler:
    Which cave are you talking about? I found the graveyard with several zombies (but can't move the lever )

spoiler:
    I found a pagan "burning" but he only says "aah youre that sneaksie Garrett!". So, where is that pagan mission?

Sorry for my ignorance, but I've been hours exploring.

Question

I never found the pagen.......where is he?
    The treasures i saw what i think to be one in the canal but it won't frob.
    And whats with the super fast guards....geez i dispatched them by running to the canal and letting them fall in.........good times!

The AIs either saw some unconscious or dead bodies. The mission text will warn you about this.
    About the pagan...
    spoiler:
    He's on one of the rooftops. You can get to him by doing a running jump on top of the lowest building, getting on top of the house next to it, and then cross the wire from one house to taller building. Walk around the building to find him.

Quote Originally Posted by Dooh Nibor View Post
    Sorry taffers but I got some questions, hope you can help me!
    spoiler:
    Where is that sunken house? Are you refering to the thieves house?

spoiler:
    Which cave are you talking about? I found the graveyard with several zombies (but can't move the lever )

spoiler:
    I found a pagan "burning" but he only says "aah youre that sneaksie Garrett!". So, where is that pagan mission?

Sorry for my ignorance, but I've been hours exploring.
    A1.
    spoiler:
    It's the house that has the gate closed. To get it open, complete the loot objective.

A2.
    spoiler:
    If you get in the sinking house, you'll be able to get in the cave, if you have the attic key.

A3.
    spoiler:
    Let him talk. Once he's done, take the zombie bait at your feet. Carefully throw the bait where the Mechs are as the pagan said. Goto the graveyard and move the leaver (only gets frobable when this objective is visible). Here's the fun part. While not being seen, watch the zombies go to the Mechs as they start to kill one another. Once the fighting is done, try to get the pagan juice on the crate and head back to the Pagan (Hardroot) for a reward.

I am havinmg the same trouble as Toadtadwater with reloading a saved game. I just quit and deleted the mission. Hope Gort that you can fix this as it is a very good mission. Thanks

Drill bit

I was able to get it without a speed or slow-fall potion.
    spoiler:
    I simply ran off the ramp on the opposite roof while staring straight up. As I began to descend I began clicking away and got it. I landed with some health damage but was able to do it.

Keeper of FMs
    Quote Originally Posted by canetoad View Post
    I'm stuck at the same place as you pavlovscat.

I have 3 treasures.

spoiler:
    I'm guessing to access the 4th in the cemetery, I somehow need to climb over the roof of the sunken house to find the pagan task. No matter how hard I try, can't get over the eaves. Can jump up on the edge of eaves, move sideways, though sometimes get stuck in the middle and need to reload. Is there a trick or sweet spot?
    To get over the eaves:
    spoiler:
    I shot a rope arrow into the very top of the eaves at the point. The rope is short, but you can just manage to jump on it. Once I was on the rope, I was able to mantle up over the edge. It took a few tries to get onto the rope, and it's a bit hard to tell if you're really on it or not, but once you're on the rope, getting over is easy. There is loot back there, but that's it. For cemetary access, find the pagan.

Quote Originally Posted by GORT View Post
    The AIs either saw some unconscious or dead bodies. The mission text will warn you about this.
    About the pagan...
    spoiler:
    He's on one of the rooftops. You can get to him by doing a running jump on top of the lowest building, getting on top of the house next to it, and then cross the wire from one house to taller building. Walk around the building to find him.
    Gort, can you be a little more specific as I cannot find the pagan at all.
    Thanks!

I also am having a problem loading saved points in this mission. It just freezes up while trying to load, and I look at my processor monitor and it says 100%, and taskmanager says that it is not responding. This happened about half way through the mission. I cannot continue playing.

FM Update!

The FM is now updated to v1.11 at southquarter.com
    Get it here.
    ~SMDM~

Getting to the Pagan, Hardroot...

Quote Originally Posted by bobber View Post
    Gort, can you be a little more specific as I cannot find the pagan at all.
    Thanks!
    OK, I show with pics.
    spoiler:
    Do a running jump here to get on the rooftops. Jump across from building to building. Once you get here, make sure you save and then try to walk accross this wire. Once you gotten close enough, mandle your way to the building's rooftop and search for the pagan. He'll look like this.

I hope this helped.

First off, I love this mission! It's so HUGE with lots of exploring!!!

But, because of the quickload bug I've had to restart 3 times... Anyway, can somebody remind me where I found the safe key? I've been all over this time and can't remember where I found it before.

Thanks!
    Last edited by Drunken Cricket; 7th Dec 2007 at 20:40.

It helped! Thank you

Quote Originally Posted by Drunken Cricket View Post
    ... Anyway, can somebody remind me where I found the safe key? I've been all over this time and can't remember where I found it before.

Thanks!
    spoiler:
    You'll have to go down the well to get it. It's in a restroom close to a toilet.

Gort... Geez, I'm an idiot... 'nuff said...

Now, one more question... How do I get into the Yangus house?

BTW, Thanks for the mission! It's awesome!

Thanks!
    Last edited by Drunken Cricket; 7th Dec 2007 at 21:08.

Keeper of FMs
    The Circle's mission links are updated here.

Gort; I ko'd the pagan a very long time ago to put him out of his agony, and besides he never said anything and only yelled in pain. I'm not looking forward to replaying the FM to get the bait to open the cemetery to get the last gem key. The pagan should have been made invincable so he could complete his routine without being ko'd or killed. Or there should be another way into the cemetery.

So let me get this straight... you have to go all the way around this lava river (and in the process lose almost all health) then go to the BACK of the cave, and only then, you have to go all the way back out of the cave to go search for treasures??? This would be ok if there were sufficient healing potions, but this mission has none. Not one. I think I have just wasted a lot of time

oh and

spoiler:
    sorry i missed the spoiler tags

Clearinghouse
    I found Red Gem Plaque. Where way back out? I can't jump here.

clearing :
    spoiler:
    so, you're at the end of the cave with the 2nd Fire Man? The only way I know is to go back along the same cave - careful, the patrol route's changed (surprise, surprise)

Objectives not ticking off -
    spoiler:
    by the time I was back in the cave (the 2nd time, with the 4 treasures) I noticed the pagan obj hadn't ticked off, despite seeing "objective complete" on the screen when I gave Hardroot the bottle. Now the end obj doesn't tick off either, & I'm just standing in a cave of ice - no reward.

Stuff going all the way back to the pagan again (when there's no reason to think things will improve & I've clambered around this lava river once too often already) cntrl-alt-shift-end & way short of loot. It'll do.

But I'd really like it if, sometime later, someone could describe what happens at the end / what all that effort was supposedly for. Thanx.
    Last edited by Sticky Fingers; 8th Dec 2007 at 01:28.

Sorry to be a inconvienence... But...

How do I get into the Yangus house?

Thanks!

Clearinghouse
    Sticky Fingers, don't understand I've already done way back from the cave with 2nd Fire Man. I can't jump
    http://darkfate.strana.germany.ru/jump1.jpg
    http://darkfate.strana.germany.ru/jump.jpg
    Last edited by clearing; 8th Dec 2007 at 03:13.

Quote Originally Posted by Drunken Cricket
    How do I get into the Yangus house?
    Just before you enter that little area with the two Guards, you'll see a bell on the left... Hit it with your BJ.

@ clearing: That´s the wrong way. I too tried/died here many,many times...

Look for a button outside the entrance to the cave with the 4 KeyStones (then wait a bit)

Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 12345678 ... LastLast